It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

the cresent mon has nothing to with islam except it was added to the flags when the ottomans hijacked islam

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Ok, I'm happy to admit, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to religion. It's not something Ive ever taken a great interest in. Having said that it is still an omnipresent phenomena in my life. Whether it be the moral laws in my own country I must obey or the troubles in the Middle East.

I know these religions have their own histories and prophets, but do they all worship the same god, just under a different name?

The short answer is Yes and No. The long answer is that all religions have their own "interpretation" of God. They are always in a constant battle of who is right, who is worshiping the "right" God. The reason why I said "Yes" that they do worship the same god is that the mentally is all based on the same mind--the mind of man. So using this mind of man, they think they worship a certain god based on their image of god. In their mind (say, Christians), they believe that their god is the "ultimate" god who all should worship. While, the Muslims also believe their god is also the "ultimate" god who all should worship. The same applies to the Jews. So in theory, they do worship the same god--the image of god that they have established in their mind.

The reason why I said "No" that they don't worship the same god is that all 3 images of god are different based on their culture, beliefs, and levels of faith. In their mind, they are constantly battling that their religion and belief in god is the "end all" and "be all" of all spiritual battles. They believe that anything outside of their image of god is wrong, while what they believe in is right. So what you have is a battle of duality as I call it all the time.

But in reality, we must expand our awareness and understanding beyond the figment of the Minds of Humans. Go beyond religion and know that God is within you. Stop putting God into a box in your mind. God is more than this box that you created about outer rituals and beliefs coming from your scriptures. God is more than this distant god who is always angry with people for committing sins. God is within you, your mind/consciousness. Raise your mind beyond the mental status of man. And realize who you are--you are spiritual and beyond this world of material.

edit on 8/17/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by windword

All religions point to the same - however, if they call it different names then unity cannot be.
Divide and conquer is not what it is really about.

Unity, harmony, peace is not found in labels.
Unity is whole and complete with no boundaries.

Not if you are Machiavelli and wish to pit religions, or kingdoms against each other to disable the ability to overthrow you as God (as attention is divided) useing cunning and unscrupuliousness deception to nuetralize or confuse you into attacking each other rather than the GOD/KING in charge (most deserved of this action) as it was the initial distractor initiate. Look at YOU ALL fighting amongst yourselves; regarding religion, property...
edit on 17-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

the cresent mon has nothing to with islam except it was added to the flags when the ottomans hijacked islam

Who corrupted the Koran to the point it is believed women have NO SOULS.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Today, the Catholic church accepts all Christian baptisms as being valid -- when I converted from Methodism, I did not need to be re-baptized. Non-Christian baptisms (such as Mormons or other non-trinitarians) are not considered valid, and if the person wants to join the Catholic church, and most Protestant churches, they need to be baptized (significantly, not re-baptized, because they were never baptized in the first place, they just had water put on them.)

The catholic church views most of the protestants as heretics. I have been called a heretic by many a catholic. Of course, I don't consider catholic baptisms as legitimate because it's not done in the name of Jesus Christ as commanded by Simon Peter in Acts 2:38.

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

However, baptism by water is not what saves you. If it was then that would make Jesus a liar and the thief on the cross who believed in him would not have gone to Paradise with him.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

the cresent moon has nothing to with islam except it was added to the flags when the ottomans hijacked islam

Incorrect. Those crescent symbols were seen as far back as Gideon and Even Moses' father in law Jethro who was a midianite (Saudi Arabia) that once worshipped a moongod before he converted to the Hebrew faith.

Judges 8:13

21 So Zebah and Zalmunna said, “Rise yourself, and kill us; for as a man is, so is his strength.” So Gideon arose and killed Zebah and Zalmunna, and took the crescent ornaments that were on their camels’ necks.

Strong's H7720 = the crescents.

Midianite Kings were priest-kings of their moongod. The midianites were descended from Sheba (Saba) a descendant of Abraham and Keturah whom later were the Sabeans, an Arabic tribe that Muhammad's Quraysh descended from.

Allah's titles include:

Al'mumeet (the Destroyer, creator of death) = satan
The Great Deceiver/Schemer = satan
The Proud One, Most Proud = satan.

Your Allah has been around and worshipped far longer than you think. Muhammad's father was a slave of Allah before Islam. Even in your stories that Black stone meteorite your folks walk around 7 times for remission of sins on Hajj and point at or kiss and touch to absorb sins was there before Muhammad since according to Islamic myth the blackstone was the altar Abraham was supposed to sacrifice Ishmael on.
edit on 18-8-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Al'mumeet (the Destroyer, creator of death) = satan

Who do you think destroyed the world with the flood?
Also who do you think destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?

The Great Deceiver/Schemer = satan

“So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”
-1 Kings 22:23

Ah, Lord God! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.
-Jeremiah 4:10

The Proud One, Most Proud = satan.

All glory and praise in the universe belongs to God.
All monotheists acknowledge that.

But since you believe Jesus is God...and that Jesus was humiliated, tortured and killed, that would make zero sense to you.
edit on 18-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow. Just a lot of misinformation in this thread already. I'm not sure I can get it 100% right, but here it goes:

Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Issac. Ishmael was the first born, but not of Abraham's wife, Sara, but rather Sara's maid. Later, God promised Abraham that Sara would have a son, and he would father a great nation through him. After Issac was born, Ishmael was cast out of the tribe of Abraham, but God promised Ishmael that he would also be a great nation.

Issac became the father of the Jewish Nation.
Ishmael became the father of the Islamic nations.

Simplifying it drastically, they are basically still fighting for the birthright of Abraham.

But God also promised Abraham that through him all the nations would be blessed. Later on, as you trace the lineage (yes, as quoted in the Bible), King David would arise and also be promised that his seed would bless the nations, and it's from his lineage that Jesus was born. I say lineage because Christians believe Mary was a virgin, and the lineage is traced to Joseph. I believe Mary was also a descendant of the house of David.

So yes, all three religions trace their God to the same one. But don't misinterpret Christianity. Christians do not worship Jesus above the Father. We call the God of Abraham our Father, and Jesus is also His son, and yet, they are one and the same with the Holy Spirit. I look at Jesus as God the Father's avatar on this Earth. Jesus was the way God interacts with us. This is a mystery we don't fully understand. There are a lot of mysteries in the universe. You shouldn't let this trip you up.

I would not consider the god of the Hindu's the same one. Hinduism is a bit too mystical for me. I am unsure about Buddhists. I do not completely believe all of them will go to Hell. I somewhat believe they will be judged according to the law that they have been given. Either way, it's not my right to judge, and I do believe that all men of every religion will bow to Jesus some day, and they will do so willingly, but Jesus will also be the first to tell you to worship the Father before Him.

Within Christianity, you also have a number of different sects or dogmas that you can follow. There are basically the Catholics and the Protestant religions like Baptist, Methodist, and Lutheran. We all believe the same core values, but some of them have inserted various rituals into the salvation issue, but first and foremost among all Christians is John 3:16.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life..

And I'll end it there. Amen.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by adjensen

While I don't wish to derail the thread, could you clarify for us what a valid baptism is, and if non-catholic baptisms are considered valid by the catholic church?

Two sponsers, God Father, God Mother; good catholics were vested; committed to the parents potencial/or accidental death, the babtism, of the BABY is in itself a cleansing of the CARNAL birth, (the canal) the spilling of blood, and is a ritual to erase (VAGINAL BIRTH and the implications of CARNAL KNOWLEDGE). Again to erase the body and maintain the birth ACT as spiritual. The false parents take the place of the original Sinners as they were outside of the marrital BED. Its All Tripe in its ritual sickness. If Catholics dont recognise this, (NOT A TRUE BABTISM INTO A FAITH) its their own fault. The Priest was washing you because you were BORN of carnal SIN.
edit on 20-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join