It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Smith of the 'Kevin Smith Show' has died.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Of a blood clot in his lung after suffering from a massive heart attack a few days ago. Kevin's last poston facebook:

Kevin Smith

August 13.

Hi folks. I am home. I did have a heart attack and emergency surgery on Sunday evening. I am alive and kicking, but I am kicking slower right now. I'm very tired at the moment, but other than that, I feel fine.

I want to thank all of you for your expressions of concern and for your prayers. I truly appreciate it.

I am sorry I was not able to do a show last night, and I will be doing a "Best of Kevin" encore presentation tonight. Tomorrow night, I plan to be back at the mic. Looking forward to being back with you then.

and then this from his good friend Jerry Wills

Jerry Wills posted to Kevin Smith

13 hours ago.

Hello Everyone... how do I tell you this.... Our dear friend Kevin Smith has died. We received the call a few minutes ago and felt you should know. Apparently a blood clot moved to his lungs. Kathy and I are so very sad... I'll share more info if it becomes available. For now, we are mourning this tragic loss.

Kevin Smith Show

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Added by mistake.......sorry, please remove my stupidness...

edit on 15-8-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
Of a blood clot in his lung after suffering from a massive heart attack a few days ago. Kevin's last poston facebook:

Kevin Smith

August 13.

Hi folks. I am home. I did have a heart attack and emergency surgery on Sunday evening. I am alive and kicking, but I am kicking slower right now. I'm very tired at the moment, but other than that, I feel fine.

I want to thank all of you for your expressions of concern and for your prayers. I truly appreciate it.

I am sorry I was not able to do a show last night, and I will be doing a "Best of Kevin" encore presentation tonight. Tomorrow night, I plan to be back at the mic. Looking forward to being back with you then.

13 hours ago.

Hello Everyone... how do I tell you this.... Our dear friend Kevin Smith has died. We received the call a few minutes ago and felt you should know. Apparently a blood clot moved to his lungs. Kathy and I are so very sad... I'll share more info if it becomes available. For now, we are mourning this tragic loss.

Kevin Smith Show

I thought Silent Bob died. Who is this other guy?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by Jack Jouett

Kevin Smith

August 13.

13 hours ago.

Kevin Smith Show

I thought Silent Bob died. Who is this other guy?

So did I, I was wondering what kind of funeral speech Jay would give (or rather, Jason Mewes)
I've never heard of this Kevin Smith, but it's obvious he was a radio host of the alternate variety. Condolences to his fans.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Who is this other guy?

Perhaps you should check the link posted by the OP or perhaps search to find your answer .
www.youtube.com...

I didn't follow the Kevin Smith Show but thoughts go out to his family and friends .

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just curious if he was a member of ATS ?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
And this is in the current forum because?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
And this is in the current forum because?

His radio show is about UFOs.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Seriously guys??? Kevin smith rocked!! He made all the Kevin smith films, clerks 1&2, chasing Amy, mall rats, dogma. He was awesome!! This is a sad thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Seriously guys??? Kevin smith rocked!! He made all the Kevin smith films, clerks 1&2, chasing Amy, mall rats, dogma. He was awesome!! This is a sad thing.

I think that KS is still alive, I see no mention of his passing on IMDB....

Edit - just dawned on me that you were probably joking...sorry bit slow today lol..RIP KS (radiohost).
edit on 15-8-2013 by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2013 by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

wow I thought he was the guy from Jay and Silent Bob. thanks for that link. he's got some interesting topics. have to check him out. too bad we lost him.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is really sad. I used to listen to his "podcast" shows all the time, back in the day. In the past few years he had switched to doing live shows and I could never find the time to listen.

Rest in Peace Mr. Smith.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I subscribed today for a members area to preserve shows for the history, but it seems that entry is already closed. I did received login and password after paypal processing but they do not work.

Does anyone has member access to his site? I would like to preserve the shows for UFO history. Similar thing happened few years ago when Michael Cobrin died. Shows were soon lost on the internet side but luckily I did preserve them for the history and have them.If anyone has or knows anyone who is a member, please contact me. Send me a PM.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yes, Kevin was a member.

BTW, SCHWEET 'SICKLE!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sad to hear this. I didn't always agree with his views but he always seemed a genuinely sincere seeker after truth, passed many a long hour at work listening to his podcasts and interviews. R.I.P. Kevin Smith.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OMG, so I didn't click the link before I was searching the surface web for news about silent bob, but no he is still alive. Never heard of this Kevin Smith, but I will check him out in honor of the other Kevin Smith not being dead. All hail Silent Bob, thank Vishnu he is not dead....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
For those who are not aware, there were many threads on KSS in the past thanks to very active user here at ATS and OMF - "ufo reality"

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.tinyurl.com...

Video on ATS:
video.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, does anyone knows who has happened to Eric (ufo reality). I haven't seen him online for a few years now. He use to post quite often and he always brought news from Kevin Smith Show. He was guest on KSS few times, and I have some of those episodes archived. He is also in the credits of "I Know What I Saw" documentary in the thanks note section.

I have arround 130 episodes of KSS archived. However, as I mentioned KPODS should be preserved for history so if anyone has access to the members area, please contact me.
edit on 16-8-2013 by uforadio because:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Luminaught

Thanks

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wait so its not Kevin Smith the guy who made clerks, chasing amy and that sort?

new topics

top topics

join