It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the last lie of the "devil"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by SaturnFX

Your thoughts can either be highly influenced by Satan or God, it depends on who you worship or don't worship, your thoughts can be entertained by Satan and you won't even realize unless you serve the true and living God.

My thoughts are slave to no entity outside of my own vices
-which I take *full* responsibility for-
The devil does not make me do bad things, nor does a god make me do good things, I do both based on my own principles and personal moral compass.

You...you can pretend if you hurt someone, some horned demon invisible man made you do it, etc. I however am a grown up and will admit when I have done wrong, and try to correct or make amends.

As far as mindset and the like, I went to a catholic school, and considered becoming a priest for a time. I was arguably "deeply religious" by some standards. Then I sort of grew up. I feel now, as an agnostic-atheist, I am perhaps a better measure of a man (and arguably more christlike in my mindset and actions) than when I was a believer

To put it in something you can understand
God gave you a beautiful mind
You are the one that curses it when it functions.
If god didn't want us to ponder things, then we would get electric shocks or something when we drifted in that area. Why then do you dismiss the wonder that god allowed mankind to have? tossing the gift back in his face? If a deity tosses me into eternal torture due to contemplation, then that is most certainly -not- a deity I would ever want to be associated with.

You can have the hateful small god if you want. I simply dismiss that concept as a boogieman in space you fear verses truly respect.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The most recent with the most impact has to be the theory of evolution. (And abiogenesis for the sticklers) This paved they way for the atheists, as now they could deny God exists, and the Devil loves this. As I highly doubt an atheist will believe in the devil.
The greatest trick saying works especially well on the atheist.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That he hasn't been alive for thousands of years

That he Hasn't been posing as " Guy De Vil Rothschild "

edit on 13-8-2013 by Gestas because: Goto do battle sometimes soon I guess.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
TRUST ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK .

YES WE CAN .

CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN .

HONEST WOULD I LIE TO YOU .

THATS ALL FOLKS

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Remember Hitler ran on Hope and Change as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
I bet the last lie of the devil was convincing one that being spiritual from an armchair is possible.

From an armchair? HA! I'll have you know I AM an armchair, Agent Smith. A blue one. So where else would I be spiritual from?

So, you'll have to try harder than that. Maybe if you make a bunch of copies of yourself, you can put your heads together.

Please continue. I love a good gibberish battle to see who comes out on top as the most profound. I will even award a winner.

Oh! I hope the award is a ribbon.

edit on 13-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
reply to post by geobro

Remember Hitler ran on Hope and Change as well.
pity he got forced into a war might have been a different world now
wonderbar

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

THIS^.You nailed it right on the head. Our opinions differ a bit though, since I'd say that was the original lie, which serves as the base of the deceitful web of lies he weaves. His motive for doing this is to obviously estrange us further from God, in an attempt to make our relationship with him irreparable and irreconcilable. Consequently this makes us even more vulnerable for the crafty vulture to prey on us, encouraging us to indulge in depravity when we're faced with a choice.

Since being granted paradise at the Garden of Eden, we have divorced ourselves from what was our inherently divine essence as pure and immaculate creations of God. Therefore, an indifferent God we do have since we are longer united as one with him, and regardless of what your belief system might (or lack thereof) be, we can all agree we're inherently imperfect today.

We have the potential to be equally malicious and kind, to be equally deceitful and honest, to be equally stupid and smart, to be equally arrogant and humble, etc. You get the gist. It's human nature. What we don't have is the default, and visceral ability to disregard our mistakes, and go on the next day, repeating what we did the day before to survive like some wild animal. We can reap the infinite rewards of utilizing our minds in order to become better, authentic human beings to enrich our lives, and the lives of others for the greater good.

There are only lessons, God granted us the free will to understand that perfection lies within the gracious essence of Love.Live and learn,live and learn man, there's no other way.

Next time your buddy mentions karma, you slap them and put them in a headlock until they call it quits.You ignore them when they ask you "WTF, what was that for?"
edit on 13-8-2013 by Cerebral because: TYPOS

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The last lie of the Devil is the implication that God cares. Anybody with any sense and even those without a lot of it, if they live long enough, understands that even if there is such a thing/person/being as God, it is completely indifferent to us and our experience of life.

So the Devil creates false hope, then takes it away. Classic Devil.

You sure? You might have that one upside down and backwards and have somehow been drawn into becoming "the devil's advocate", either knowingly or unwittingly. If God didn't care I don't think we'd be here in the first place, and included in the grand scheme of things even from a first/last cause or from before the foundation of the earth. It's absurd to say that just because God is apparently invisible or infinitely mysterious, that God doesn't care, because if God cares even the smallest bit at all then by extension he like REALLY cares rather a lot, to say the least. It's we who don't care enough for God and for ourselves, as we are first loved that's the problem you see. Only the devil would tell us that God doesn't care or because God cannot be seen that there is no God. Then again, having a God would be absolutely essential to maintain one's existence, if you were the devil... hmmm....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When it comes to the devil and God, the question then becomes logically, just who, if anyone, is dependent upon whom.. ?

Does God need a devil?

I don't think so.

But if hell is an idle threat, and God is "bluffing" I'm not so sure we want to call his bluff..

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
God and the Devil are two sides to the same coin.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Does God need a devil?

If so, then the "devil" deserves our compassion. If so, he's caught in duality and necessity the same as us, the same as God.

If not out of necessity, then why would God allow a sentient being to fall so far?

But yes I think the immanent God needs an immanent devil. Just as heads needs tails.

The transcendent God, on the other hand, is beyond pairs of opposites and so doesn't need or want anything.

edit on 14-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

The two witnesses, one will be from a seed from king David which I am and the other will be a levite and how can Elijah or Moses be one and they already ascended Into heaven and received a immortal glorified body. As to the other witness I have not yet met but I can speak for myself that I had plenty of life events which fits correctly into who I am but you will see over time.

Wow. Did you know Jesus (not his real name, it turns out) is on ATS, too? He beat you to it. And we have lots of wannabe witnesses here as well. Welcome to the party.

(And....it's THROUGH, not THREW. THOU not THOUGH.
WHEN, not WENE. And it took you a while to figure out your caps lock was stuck and how to fix it. Does school start up again soon?)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
For those who maintain that God and the devil are one and the same or two sides of the same coin, I would like to offer the following NDE accounts, for your evaluation and consideration.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Here's another very interesting account

Ian McCormack was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life. Link

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I bet the last lie of the devil was convincing one that being spiritual from an armchair is possible. Look at all the knowledge we've acquired in this last page alone:

I think it comes down to the domain of all possibility, which is freedom, and OTOH, of constraint or bondage as a domain of no possibility. Therefore, the domain of hell or of the devil cannot be sustained and eventually goes down the drain into the abyss (oblivion).

"The “Dark Night of the Soul,” once fully established, is seldom lit by visions or made homely by voices. It is of the essence of its miseries that the once-possessed power of orison or contemplation now seems wholly lost. The self is tossed back from its hard-won point of vantage. Impotence, blankness, solitude, are the epithets by which those immersed in this dark fire of purification describe their pains. It is this episode in the life-history of the mystic type to which we have now come.

And in "deep sixing" the devil into the abyss which means "oblivion", the chains that bind him and double-bind him are, I believe, chains of reason, and logic.

When my last DNOTS (dark night of the soul) reached it's conclusion, I actually heard a faint whisper say in my mind "I am proud of you, son."

In that case, he's right where God is. In the space between shame and shamelessness.

Please continue. I love a good gibberish battle to see who comes out on top as the most profound. I will even award a winner.

...as we learn to swim and intermingle and freely float in the The Divine Milieu within which we are emersed in the baptism of the evolutionary death and resurrection principal of The Cosmic Christ.

My prize.

The irony here is that you don't understand precisely why this is all so amuzing and so very very humorous, because to understand it, and to have and appreciate the humor of true understanding, you would have to take us, as well as God, seriously.

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not achieved by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.
~ G.K. Chesterton

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The irony here is that you don't understand precisely why this is all so amuzing and so very very humorous, because to understand it, and to have and appreciate the humor of true understanding, you would have to take us, as well as God, seriously.

On the contrary my friend. I am very very amused.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

So, you'll have to try harder than that. Maybe if you make a bunch of copies of yourself, you can put your heads together.

You're less of a Neo and more of a Ted Theodore Logan.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

On the contrary my friend. I am very very amused.

I'm sure you are. In an evil, pompous sort of way.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You know how people are acting in a different city...and you haven't even left your armchair?

Whoa...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You're less of a Neo and more of a Ted Theodore Logan.

Excellent! Both are noble, big-hearted characters who underwent the monomythic hero-journey, just as I have.

Plus, I've traveled through time. Oh not physically like Ted, but spiritually.

Party On, dude!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join