It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest against aerosol spraying in Arkansas, August 11.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I learned from a friend today that some group/organization will be spraying my city to help combat a higher than normal (althought I haven't noticed anything) bug problem this year. I'm not entirely sure what is being sprayed, who will be doing the spraying, or when it will take place. Searches for information haven't really netted any results.

Chemtrail arguments aside, I believe if anyone is spraying any chemical over a cit of close to 40,000 there should be something said about it and what is being sprayed should be known to the public. I cannot find any information locally about this and it is likely it is not being undertaken by any local authority.

There will be some form of a protest in response to this on August 11 in downtown Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Here is the only information I have been able to find.

Facebook group - www.facebook.com...

hotspringsdaily.com...

events.todaysthv.com...

Maybe some here are in the area and would be interested in taking part.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The 11th is "Global 'Chemtrail' HOAX Awareness Day", so that's the reason for the protest.

They will be showing pictures of normal contrails, and trying to convince a few gullible people that those normal contrails are anything and everything but normal, all with zero scientists and zero scientific evidence to support the claims.

edit on 9-8-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I learned from a friend today that some group/organization will be spraying my city to help combat a higher than normal (althought I haven't noticed anything) bug problem this year. I'm not entirely sure what is being sprayed, who will be doing the spraying, or when it will take place. Searches for information haven't really netted any results.

Chemtrail arguments aside, I believe if anyone is spraying any chemical over a cit of close to 40,000 there should be something said about it and what is being sprayed should be known to the public. I cannot find any information locally about this and it is likely it is not being undertaken by any local authority.

One quick search and I found this:

"Through the mayor's office, we've received literally hundreds of calls over probably the last three weeks," says Mayor Doug Formon.

And that's what brought the heated issue to the table as the council and mayor met Tuesday night in the Public Safety Committee Meeting. Many Jonesboro citizens have recently questioned the effectiveness of Clarke Mosquito Control, the new company hired this year to tackle the mosquitoes in Jonesboro.

"We knew they were new coming into town and we knew we'd be a little bit of a learning curve, but we can't wait until the entire mosquito season is over for them what our problems are here in Jonesboro. We've got to get on it and get it fixed, "says Mayor Formon.

www.kait8.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, they were doing that in my city/county also to combat mosquitoes that have been carrying West Nile Virus. This also isn't high-altitude, cover-every-inch-of-the-city spraying. This is low-altitude, localized spraying where mosquito populations have been the highest.

"Chemtrail" hoaxers really need to find something else to do. The pesticides sprayed on crops are far more harmful to humans than localized spraying over areas that have nothing to do with food.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The 11th is "Global 'Chemtrail' HOAX Awareness Day", so that's the reason for the protest.

They will be showing pictures of normal contrails, and trying to convince a few gullible people that those normal contrails are anything and everything but normal, all with zero scientists and zero scientific evidence to support the claims.

If someone wanted to protest the [proposed ideas for geoengineering as possibly being dangerous to the environment in the long run, then that's fine.

However, if they are going to show pictures of contrails and tell me they are pictures of CHEMtrails, then I'm not interested. There may be geoengineering ideas being bandied about...BUT contrails are not chemtrails, and contrails have nothing to do with geoengineering, nor are they evidence that "TPTB" are trying to poison us.

If people who are against large-scale geoengineering plans want to be taken seriously, they need to drop the "contrails are chemtrails" argument.
edit on 8/9/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

They spray for mosquitos and from all I have ever been able to tell, is it just looks like engine exhaust to me. Probably something to kill mosquitos, and probably not good or anyone inhaling the stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree with basically everything said.

I didn't mean this to be a chemtrail thread, I just figured it would end up in this forum either way.

The persistent talk about chemtrails and insistence that every contrail is a chemtrail is one of the reasons I didn't sign up to the page or event. But like I said earlier, if a chemical is going to be sprayed over a populace I believe those people have a right to at least know it is happening and know what is being sprayed.

We do have trucks that come through every so often (I'm not sure of the frequency) and spray neighborhoods to combat mosquitos and other insects, but I've never heard of it being done by plane over the whole city.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well I hope their little get together turns out better than these did...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
We do have trucks that come through every so often (I'm not sure of the frequency) and spray neighborhoods to combat mosquitos and other insects, but I've never heard of it being done by plane over the whole city.

Where I live, we occasionally (every few years) have had spraying for Gypsy Moth Caterpillars, but that spraying has always been advertised before the fact (on TV news reports and in the newspaper) in order to alert people with asthma and other breathing problems to stay indoors with their windows closed when the spraying is being done...

...AND that spraying is done from a relatively lower altitude, is usually from small planes or helicopters, and the spray looks NOTHING like a contrail.

Again, if this is a protest about proposed geoengineering ideas, then fine. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this protest ends up being about contrails 9which are NOT chemtrails or geoengineering.

edit on 8/10/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

join