It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELL hath no fury like a DUDE scorned.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hey I thought I didn't handle rejection or infidelity too well until I read this Craigslist Ad. The poor dude who wrote this ad has obviously got more problems than me, but (call me callous) I didn't know if I should feel sorry for the guy or laugh out loud.

The ad starts off getting straight to the point

FOR 150 bucks you can buy a mattress full of heartbreak. Read more: www.news.com.au...

and then spirals down into a pit off despair

"The pain of my broken heart now means less back pain for you!," he wrote. Read more: www.news.com.au...

Mattress full of Heartache.

As I kept on reading the ad, I wanted to donate a bottle Jacks to his cause, but then it made remember what friends of mine used to do to get over their ex's.

I have a friend who would buy a dog every time he broke up with an ex. After five years he had 4 dogs. I got another friend who buy a pinball machine off eBay every time he broke up, he now owns 5.

However I would go to the pub and drown my sorrows, and despite the fact that someone cheated on me, I never wanted to sell my comfortable bed.

What have you done to get over an ex, and is the heartache compounded even more if they were unfaithful to you?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Lets face it Dogs are more reliable and trustworthy companions than woman.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You don't need anything. If you get sad once in a while, that's fine, that's perfectly human. Just think of the benefits, and or try not thinking so much. The benefits of being single are many!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

This is true, but I'm having a hard time teaching mine to open my beers.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well I've been thinking about whether or not I want to remain single, and I'm not sure. Right now I'm running the girls as friends and self-improvement route, and my band is starting to take off. I like adventure. I'm wondering if I have to give that up to be in a relationship.

I talked to my friend last night and we talked about it, she was pretty insistent on remaining friends, but had serious points.

Anyway, I talked to my other friend about it, and she said that I should pursue my goals first especially if I didn't have time for a girlfriend, good call there.

Having girls as friends lets you meet a lot of different types and let you start to figure out what you want in a girlfriend. Meanwhile, go have some serious good times! I mean like, you know, adventure.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't touch that mattress. Bad karma. (really).

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's much more therapeutic to burn it, along with their clothes on top.
Totally worth the money!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

What an extremely rude and sexist OPINION.

What did some chick dump you and now you blame all women for your problems?

There are some seriously bitter men on ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

After I got laid off, I found out that the woman I was engaged to was cheating on me and looking to kick me to the curb because I no longer had a job. But she wanted to land a Sugar Daddy first.

We both had an agreement that if one or the other ever was caught cheating…the relationship was over.

Amazingly I didn’t blow my top. Instead I plotted. I bided my time, gathered evidence, found a job but didn’t tell her, got an apartment and stocked it up. When the day came to confront her, I finished the move into the apartment after she went to work. I left her everything.

I made a fabulous meal for dinner and put a three ringer binder with photos, emails, IMs, etc of the evidence I had gathered on top of the fridge. Once the meal was over, I got the book and put in front of her all without saying a word. The look on her face was priceless when she looked inside. I told her I was leaving and that we were over. As I was heading out the door, I heard her son call her a whore. Ouch!

She tried all sorts of underhanded tricks to get back at me. She tried to get a restraining order on me, but her story broke down in the process and she was threatened with a fine for filing a false report. She sic’ed one of her boyfriends on me. After he pulled a chain on me, I showed him my pistol and asked him if she was really worth it? Apparently not as they broke up right after that.

The last straw came when she found out where I was working and told my super that I was stalking her. This was actually funny as she told him I was parked across the street from her house when in reality I was in the front office. We were restructuring/rebuilding the unit and I had been putting in 16-18 hour days for some weeks.

I knew that she owed a large sum of money from a previous marriage so the next day I called all her creditors and informed them of her plans to declare bankruptcy (though she had already done that four years earlier). They took her to court and seized her bank account.

A year later, her brother caught her prostituting herself at a truck stop.
She was hooking on-line.

Now there's some Karma.

edit on 7-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Believe it or not I don't consider myself to be sexist or bitter, and I can see how my jests can be be interpreted that way, but in my defence I was only joking about trying to teach my dog to open my beers....Honestly.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey TDawgRex
That's pretty heavy stuff dude. I can honestly say nothing even remotely similar to that has happened to me.

Keep on Rockin' Dawg.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I read somewhere that when relationships end badly one of the first thing to go is the bed. It makes sense to me if one was deeply in love because the bed was where the making love happened.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I have 1 ex that took getting over. I drank it off over a period of time.

All that is so long ago it seems petty now.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I have 1 ex that took getting over. I drank it off over a period of time.

All that is so long ago it seems petty now.

Time heals all, they say. Well, it should for most people.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

darkbake I like your philosophy, it's very wise and reflects a well balanced maturity. Do you apply the same amount of wisdom to your band exploits, if so then you should have a very good future.

Good luck with the vibes dude.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Well... When I was younger... I gathered all the belonging, pictures, bra's, panties, stuffed animals... Put them in a box. Took that box into the parking lot.... Add kerosene or another flammable liquid..... Strike a match! Watch it burn! Then urinated on the embers to put it out... All while drinking a bottle of normally, whisky or Jamieson~...

I figured it was a fair goodbye to the beautiful sadistical women who had to exit stage right...

Call me cynical~

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Well... When I was younger... I gathered all the belonging, pictures, bra's, panties, stuffed animals... Put them in a box. Took that box into the parking lot.... Add kerosene or another flammable liquid..... Strike a match! Watch it burn! Then urinated on the embers to put it out... All while drinking a bottle of normally, whisky or Jamieson~...

I figured it was a fair goodbye to the beautiful sadistical women who had to exit stage right...

Call me cynical~

That was somewhat dramatic...I just threw everything in the garbage where it belonged.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well im currently in the process of divorce, And i cant wait to be fully single either, Its been a nightmare few years. Still living in the same house to is uncomfortable. I don't hate her though, I don't feel that would do any good. I just want this damned house to sell or her to get her house. There's a few scorned guys on here and i know some women are real bad. But there not all bad. I still feel there are a hell of a lot of good women out there. Don't give up hope
....Let go of your frustrations believe me they will just eat away at you.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well the title of thread is HELL hath no fury like a DUDE scorned so I feel its my male obligation to blame the world on woman. It seemed a sensible decision.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Sulaw
It's good to see you don't like issues to fester. Unlike the sissy-guys who keep photos around the house and hope that every email or phone call could be from "her" asking to get back together, you'd just prefer to gather all the memories in one heap and be done with them in single blow.

I applaud you for toasting the memories with a few whiskies.
And Smokey The Bear applauds you for being fire conscious and putting the embers out accordingly.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join