It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Run-In With Corrupt Police "Freeman" Status Wins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
last night i headed to a beach near my area to enjoy the waves and cool breeze while doing physics and writing poetry. anyone who knows about public parks will tell you that most have a "closing time" sign, and this place was no exception. these signs and the laws they enumerate are actually illegal. more on that later.

fast forward a few hours and some kids start showing up, and i was completely fine with that, but then these kids started hitting golf balls out into the ocean and at the restrooms, buildings, and signs around the beach. the restrooms had recently been reconstructed because some arsonist kids burned it down.

i have no real love for the police, but at this point i felt required to call because these hoodlums were destroying a place that i love. littering, vandalism, public intoxication, minors in possession of alcohol: these were the charges i expected the police to bring against the group.

well the police show up playing "bad boys" over the loud speaker (i kid you not) and gather up the group. there were two police cruisers, 4 police, one a pretty high rank.

they let all of them go. no breathalyzer tests, no tickets, no arrests for vandalism, no terry stop frisks, didn't even contact their parents.

well one of the officers comes over to my car and tells me that i shouldn't be there either because it was after hours. some of you know i carry supreme court cases on the right to travel, and as i pulled them out and mentioned supreme court cases, the officer said "you're one of those sovereigns, right?" and without even reading the laws they walked away and left me alone.

the highest ranking officer came over and said "thanks for calling us, i know these kids. they're good kid's they just do stupid things from time to time. one of them is actually in officer training school, and they'll be out of my hair soon enough. they're the same ones that burned down the bathrooms. we discreetly fined them $70,000" it cost $140,000 to fix the damage they caused with the arson, but no one was charged, yet this high ranking officer KNEW who did it and was willing to let them go because one of them was training to become an officer and their parents were very wealthy. the city covered the WHOLE cost of the renovations, so it doesn't take a very smart person to guess where the $70,000 went.

i was left alone at the beach for about 30 minutes, and i decided to clean up all the golf balls (i picked up around fifty, and they had hit around a hundred more out into the water), beer bottles, and trash. i hate to see nature ruined, and i didn't think of it as a chore. as i was picking stuff up i found their stash of unopened alcohol in some bushes (i'm a firm believer that those who do good deeds make their own karma).

some of the kids returned and i heard a conversation from some distance away--as they were looking for their stash that i plundered--that they wanted to jump me (the wind was blowing my way, and after hearing this i chambered a round discreetly), but one said that he didn't want to end up in jail. i could see into the back of their vehicle, and one of them had a long gun, looked like a rifle. nothing came of it though.

this leaves me rather pissed. i called the police to sort out some real crime, and they let them go because the police protect their own and like bribes.

soon i shall invest in a hidden camera inside my car for future incidents like this. you can argue "all police aren't bad" but they certainly all go along with the corruption.

the kids hinted at trying to get back at me, though they have no idea who i am or where i live.

it goes to show that even if the police are corrupt, knowing what the law actually says (instead of what we're told it says) will give you many freedoms, and that the police do recognize the freeman interpretation as valid. they know it would hold up in court and put them in a precarious legal situation.

so that is my story. thoughts? similar experiences?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
if i was the little dude
that was in training they might have your registration number of your plates not hard to get your home address from the dvlc /or whatvever in the states .

i would watch your back bud ps nice one for cleaning up behind those yobs

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
if i was the little dude
that was in training they might have your registration number of your plates not hard to get your home address from the dvlc /or whatvever in the states .

i would watch your back bud ps nice one for cleaning up behind those yobs

i am always reassured when i hear the crisp sound of a 10mm round being chambered, but thank you for mentioning that. i'll keep an eye out.

i do not live in fear, and i'm a very calm, peaceful person. when they showed up the second time i told them i had no problem with them being there so long as they respected the area.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

golf balls over here are expensive hope you sold them on i would be back for the other 100 with a snorkel .

long time believer in karma
she bit my ass when i was young
now she just nibbles on my ear

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

golf balls over here are expensive hope you sold them on i would be back for the other 100 with a snorkel .

hahaha, good idea! but no, i threw them away. they looked brand new and expensive, but i don't care much for money.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by geobro

hahaha, good idea! but no, i threw them away. they looked brand new and expensive, but i don't care much for money.
what did you do with the drink
i hope you never poured that away nooooooooooo please

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

what did you do with the drink i hope you never poured that away nooooooooooo please

now THAT would be wasteful. they contributed to tonight's pleasant evening

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

the highest ranking officer came over and said "thanks for calling us, i know these kids. they're good kid's they just do stupid things from time to time. one of them is actually in officer training school, and they'll be out of my hair soon enough. they're the same ones that burned down the bathrooms. we discreetly fined them $70,000" it cost $140,000 to fix the damage they caused with the arson, but no one was charged, yet this high ranking officer KNEW who did it and was willing to let them go because one of them was training to become an officer and their parents were very wealthy. the city covered the WHOLE cost of the renovations, so it doesn't take a very smart person to guess where the $70,000 went.

And some high ranking officer sauntered over and shared such specific information with you ?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

thank xxxx for that us scots do not even spill a drink when we fall over i once saw a guy fall backwards off a bar stool with a drink in his hand and get up without a drop spilled
ps i got one of those spy camera watches off ebay for $17 great little things for run ins

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Your actions may have been of the most exemplary, but I wonder if you'd reconsider your conclusion and interpretation.

it goes to show that even if the police are corrupt, knowing what the law actually says (instead of what we're told it says) will give you many freedoms, and that the police do recognize the freeman interpretation as valid. they know it would hold up in court and put them in a precarious legal situation.
Sorry, it doesn't go to show any thing like that. It goes to show police still have discretion. You are an adult, causing no trouble, you called in the problem, the officer figured "Why bother with more paperwork?"

You weren't ticketed, not because of any freeman silliness, but because the officer just didn't feel like putting up with petty aggravation.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

And some high ranking officer sauntered over and shared such specific information with you ?

he told me that their families paid 70 grand, but later when i looked up the crime, it is still unsolved arson.

i heard him say "do you want to be charged $70,000 again?!" to the kids before he came to talk to me. i have quite good ears, and he was a ways away.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Sorry, it doesn't go to show any thing like that. It goes to show police still have discretion. You are an adult, causing no trouble, you called in the problem, the officer figured "Why bother with more paperwork?"

the truth is that i wasn't going to use ANY "freeman" interpretations. merely a supreme court ruling on the right to travel, coupled with the 14th amendment clause that prohibits states from passing laws that violate one's rights as a u.s. citizen.

here, i'll copy what i motioned for them to look at, they assumed i was freeman, and i could even hear them discussing it in the squad car (side door open). i heard one ask "they can really do that?" like it was magic instead of actual law.

"Personal liberty largely consists of the Right of locomotion -- to go where and when one pleases -- only so far restrained as the Rights of others may make it necessary for the welfare of all other citizens. The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horsedrawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but the common Right which he has under his Right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under this Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public highways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with nor disturbing another's Rights, he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct." [emphasis added] II Am.Jur. (1st) Constitutional Law, Sect.329, p.1135.

the above has gone to the supreme court several times.

You weren't ticketed, not because of any freeman silliness, but because the officer just didn't feel like putting up with petty aggravation.

i wasn't ticketed because if it went to court, so would them releasing the kids. golf balls and beer cans everywhere.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Honestly? This could be a made up story. No way to confirm it -- even down to the "discrete" settlement supposedly handed out regarding the unsolved arson case.

I agree with another poster, this had nothing to do with your "sovereign" claim. This had to do with good ole' fashioned discretion if this is truly how it all went down.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

you're right. i didn't videotape it, and if i went back right now and took pictures of golf balls and beer in the trash (assuming the bins haven't been emptied) one could just claim that i planted them.

perhaps it was "discretion" but i find that a terrible term to ascribe to a group that would let vandals go free.

i do plan to go back tonight though; because, as i said, i very much enjoy the beach at night.

how about this? i intend to have a camera with me (a simple phone) and if the police tell me to leave, i'll record it and show me giving them the supreme court rulings. i will upload them somewhere and personally send you a link, no matter the outcome.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Cops covering up where the seventy grand disappeared may be?

If its not in the court records its in somebodies pockets.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I didn't mean to say you were lying, just that I cannot take it on face value. That is me though. I am not part of the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd, jut merely telling you my initial assessment of your report. To me, everything falls into line with how you want to present the story: rambunctious kids accused or known vandals let go by a police force bearing down on a peaceful citizen. That citizen wins the day because they have Supreme Court cases at hand.

You see how someone a bit skeptical can be a little wary of your story?!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Weren`t both the teenagers and yourself in the park illegally ?

But ..... because of your freeman status you believe you were exempt from that statute ?

Forgive me for playing devils advocate;
Question:

If you were in the park after closing time - drinking beer and driving a few golf balls into the water and somebody phoned the police on you - would you feel that you had broken the law ?

_____

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Everything about this screams made up. How did he know the officer was high ranking? Can you tell by the way he walks? Do they saunter differently based on rank?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

The OP alluded to the statute of being in a public place as being illegal. That said, place yourself on the responding officer's end. If you got a call that there were "kids hitting golf-balls into private property" or something similar, would you stop to question the gentleman (or lady) just sitting in their car and/or someone just relaxing?

Freeman status or not, the notion that we are not allowed on public lands unless the State deems it so is beyond the scope of Government and borders proclamations via a King that we shall not hunt on "their" land; ironically it is our land...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Everything about this screams made up. How did he know the officer was high ranking? Can you tell by the way he walks? Do they saunter differently based on rank?

Typically the chevrons on their uniform......So if I see someone with insignia with that of a sergeant, to that of a patrolman, I would easily assume such a person is higher-ranking. Better yet, it isn't out of the ordinary for lieutenants to be on the beat which would put them in the "high ranking" status.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join