It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda leaders 'wanted to do something big' on Muslim holiday, sources say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Al Qaeda leaders 'wanted to do something big' on Muslim holiday, sources say

investigati ons.nbcnews.com

An intercepted electronic communication in which two of al Qaeda’s top world leaders agreed they “wanted to do something big” this past Sunday is what caused the U.S. government to shut nearly two dozen diplomatic posts around the world, according to intelligence sources.

The communications did not give the specific target or the method of attack. However, the most likely country of attack was thought to be Yemen, where al Qaeda does have the resources to pull off a significant attack. A third major al Qaeda operative was also a party to to the communications discussing the attack, wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Everytime I read something like this I'm not sure if I want to believe it or not but anyhow al Qaeda" is making a lot of noise this past Sunday "wanting to do something big@ on this upcoming Muslim Holiday according to Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s successor.

We will have to wait and see what the coming days bring.

investigati ons.nbcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

An intercepted electronic communication in

I wonder about this it is a well know fact that most terrorists these days are low tech because of the reputation we have for spying.

Think the whole charade of embassy closings,jail breaks, and supposed plots are to justify the largest expansion of spying we have ever seen.

And there we are watching from the bleachers watching the US decide on whether or not to kill them,arm them, or run away from them.

Gotta admit the timing of all this after the NSA 'whistle blown' is suspicious that is not to say AQ isn't a threat it's just AQ is a threat only when its convenient for the current administration.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It makes sense when you think about it. Really rather clever in the larger sense too.

Break out a bunch of fellow terrorists and hardened criminals? Check.
Run a Major operation against an 'unidentified target' to get all the big powers to put out some troops? Check.
Put U.S. and other nations on immediate and extended alert? Check.

If you were going to do something big, now would be the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Sounds like two guys planning a fantasy if you ask me. If they were able to intercept communications between high level operatives in one of the many, made up terrorist organizations, I would think they would have a better idea of their plans.

Also, I find it spurious that they would allow this information to be released to the public.

Then again, it is just a little over a month before the anniversary of 911, and the government wants to make sure you remember how afraid you were.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Which all falls apart if nothing happens. With everyone paying attention, with everyone waiting for the show, the show must go on. At this point it is a necessity regardless of who is pulling the strings.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

When I woke up this morning, I got the coffee going, and flipped on the news to see if the world ended in my sleep.

The over-sized "AQ Threat" text greeted me, and the very first words I heard were...

"interception attributed to the N.S.A."

*click*

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
one thing is certain .....they know now that they are observed...and can take countermessures against it.. perhaps an mole in there organisation is exposed now....

the prusumed attack was an bait and the US was to horny to consider it as an trap...
lets be honest...would you use internet ore cellfhones
to organise an attack?
knowing that the whole world is listening to it..

they are no apes we dealing with...

edit on 5-8-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sure I believe Al Qaeda leaders wanted to do something big. I really do believe the story, no seriously I believe every single word of it.

We are all so scared because of this, because we all believe everything the Government run media tells us. We're all shaking in our boots. Please save us US Gov, please we beg. Save us from the bad guys!!!!

COUGHsarcasmCOUGH

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Gets me to thinking...Why don't we plan a nice christmas day bombing or an Easter sunday offensive???

I'm not sure what their holiday is celebrating but golly geeze, don't even terrorist enjoy sitting in the shade sipping lemonade, not thinking about work once in awhile?

But I guess that kinda points out a huge difference in our two societies. Are holidays we celebrate and try to spend time with loved ones, theirs they want to kill people.
Of course they wont attack an american SOF or the brits SAS....oh no, much manlier to suicide bomb a market with innocents .....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Think the whole charade of embassy closings,jail breaks, and supposed plots are to justify the largest expansion of spying we have ever seen.

I'd say that about nails it! It's taken about the right amount of time for this sort to cook up a scheme like this too. Going back to the day Snowden broke out and made their lives hell, it's about right indeed.

So after all this we'll be told THIS is why we need to sit down, shut up and stop complaining about what's being done to us, in our name and for our own good.

Uhh.... I guess I don't get things so well because I'm not receiving their message. I'll shut up when nature deems my days here are done and I move on to the next life.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The US is having a real hard time not coming off as the Bad Guys when stories like this one keep dropping.
Chicago Tribune

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans.

Although these cases rarely involve national security issues, documents reviewed by Reuters show that law enforcement agents have been directed to conceal how such investigations truly begin - not only from defense lawyers but also sometimes from prosecutors and judges.

The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses.

So i say, they need a big show to make this whole situation really go bye bye. Faking a threat won't cut it anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Uhh.... I guess I don't get things so well because I'm not receiving their message. I'll shut up when nature deems my days here are done and I move on to the next life.

Aw I got the message loud and clear.:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Normally everyone's like 'Damn those pesky Al-Qaeda'
Now it 'We know what you up sneaky government'

maybe in slightly stronger words.
Everyone's starting to see it for what it is (imo)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am of the personal opinion am that israel gave the US a heads up on a strike they intend (a big one) and thats why they closed so many embassies. I mean thats a pretty big action for an unspecified hint at a threat. Might aswell close them all forever if terrorist attacks are a concern am i right?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I could buy that.

My only real alternative to that is this report i have been seeing again and again online. It just popped up on RT.
Meteorites - RT

The Chelyabinsk meteorite that hit Russia in February, injuring over a thousand, may have stemmed from a massive cluster of rocks which broke off from a disintegrating asteroid thousands of years ago, a new study claims.

Spanish astronomers have discovered that the Chelyabinsk bolide, an 18-meter wide 11,000-ton space rock that burst in a 460-kiloton explosion above Russia, used to be a part of a larger space body.

edit on 5-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The people are looking at the NSA ect very carefully now and they dont like what they see. Add that to the balls up in Syria. Plus the convenient escape of al cia da in Iraq. Then whats needed is some thing to shift the mind set and get people either scared or looking any where except at the real criminels in Govt.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Well Ben N. has given a deadline of a year several times. How many times does he get ro say that before they strike or admit Iran isn't working on the bomb? It's been quite a while aince he held up his little bomb graphic and about a year since the last time he made a 1 year claim.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Did all the prison breaks happen at the same time? If these are dangerous people then why wasbt security increaaes after thw first prison break? They releases around 2000 so i would expect it was for a reason other than just freeing them. They undid a lot of work relatively quickly.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I figured the timing of the strike would have more to do with the new President.
Those two are not even trying to hide it, they just wanna kill each other with nukes to prove a point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join