It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gran Turismo 4 Finished!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

November 09, 2004 - Three years in the making, and Gran Turismo 4 is finally done. Publisher Sony Computer Entertainment and developer Polyphony Digital held a party in Tokyo today (forgetting to invite us!) to celebrate the completion of the game (and to make some strange announcements).

At the party, Polyphony president Kazunori Yamauchi gave out final stats for the game, including some staggering numbers. Some of these were announced before, but some of them weren't, so listen up! First, GT4 really is huge. The game makes use of a dual layered DVD, totaling, Yamauchi revealed, over nine gigabytes of data.

Where does all that data go? That's where the cars come into the picture. Licenses from 80 car makers throughout the world (but lacking car makers from India, we'll point out) are featured in GT4. Taking into account all cars, including concept cars, historical cars, race cars and cars from year 2005 and beyond, the game has over 700 total (we're sure Yamauchi knows the exact number, but he's just being shy). This includes, Yamauchi revealed today, the BMW 3 Series, which makes its debut in the game prior to its 2005 real-life release.

ps2.ign.com...

It's finally done! The release has been scheduled for December 14th in the US, but it looks like it may be released a little earlier.. I can't wait! Gran Turismo 3 was one of my favorite games of all time!

Is anybody out there a fan of the series?

- Attero

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
GT3 was a killer game, I played that crap out of it.
I wish I still had my ps2, i'd buy it for sure, but sadly, I traded it for drugs.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Useful 1diot
I wish I still had my ps2, i'd buy it for sure, but sadly, I traded it for drugs.

So did I! But it was well worth it. GT4 has been looking simply amazing since they released the first beta shots. Not to mention Daewoo is going to make an apperance with a total of 4 cars! Go Daewoo!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was a huge GT junkie when I had my PS2....

I just recently bought my XBOX back for the third time - lol - I would go to EB and trade my unused consoles in so I could buy more games for the ones I was playing....Then I'd trade those games in for more games....

If I go buy a new PS2 for GT4, it'll be my FOURTH PS2!!! Someone stop me! I'm a friggin idiot!

new topics

top topics

join