It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Call For Immediate Termination of Director of National Intelligence James Clapper & AG Eric Hold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I searched for this a few different ways and nothing came up, so forgive me if this thread is redundant; but here is the video of Republican Bill Flores on C-Span.

investmentwatchblog.com...

Not sure what to make of this, perhaps some Americans would have a better idea of any possible implications (or lack thereof), and what it could mean if anything.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

You're asking what this means in real world terms? Absolutely nothing. I mean that literally. He and Congress itself have no authority that I am aware of to remove either man from their positions without first going through investigations and proof of misconduct...and then, does Congress even have a place to do it then? I'm not exactly sure...

They both serve at the pleasure of the President though. So it's up to the Executive to cash out their careers like that and I don't believe there is even a passing thought to doing it at the White House.

He did bring the point up in a big enough way to start a discussion tho. It's not substantial, but it will have that outcome I imagine.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You're asking what this means in real world terms? Absolutely nothing. I mean that literally. He and Congress itself have no authority that I am aware of to remove either man from their positions without first going through investigations and proof of misconduct...and then, does Congress even have a place to do it then? I'm not exactly sure...

They both serve at the pleasure of the President though. So it's up to the Executive to cash out their careers like that and I don't believe there is even a passing thought to doing it at the White House.

He did bring the point up in a big enough way to start a discussion tho. It's not substantial, but it will have that outcome I imagine.

Can't they be impeached? Have to look into this.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well now, if we make it abundently clear we want heads to role on the NSA matter the president might have no choice but to remove these people.

Someone could sure make a run at the next election with the promise to clean house where the NSA/CIA/FBI/DHS is involved...

Gee I wonder if Jeb Bush ran under that promise if we would all be stupid enough to elect another bush...

Write your reps, tell them you don't want this NSA issue slipped under the table.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A Republican Representative from Texas....

Now why would he be so afraid of Holder?
Could it be the that there are 'irregularities' in the voting laws in Texas he'd like to not have looked into?
Could it be the unconstitutionality of certain legislation acts witch violate a woman's rights?

Dare I throw the race card in the mix too, considering the voting issues in Texas are screwed to prevent minority voters... and that Holder is a minority?

Hmmm.
M.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

You think he's afraid of Holder? You don't think Holder and his department have proven themselves to be incompetent and deserve this?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Maybe a question is in order:

in the last 100 years, what AG or NSA chief has done something good for you, your family or another you know of?

Then apply this to OP question of "what does this mean?"

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

At the end of the day it means nothing at all, I agree with you on that point but for completely different reasons.

Watch the video again but this time pay attention to the things you do not hear. At no point in his little speech does he suggest that the problem is the actual power. The legal ground work which made these laws possible. The law itself that allows the NSA to spy on us without cause, suspicion of wrong doing, or even a warrant. That is the real problem.... not the figureheads that run or oversee the program.

So in essence what he is saying is if we change the faces of these programs Americans will have more faith in Government.... and he is right. If they did change the faces of these programs many Americans will go back to sleep and think everything is fine once again. What they dont realize is that the programs will still be in place and still be operational. It makes no difference who runs the programs when the problem itself IS the program.

Yeah... watch the dog wag
edit on 3-8-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Not afraid I saw no fear in calling out someone who has said they can not prosicute wrong doing because the perps are to big to jail...Justice department...justice for all...blind justice means it is the same for all regardless of financial worth..

Could it be the that there are 'irregularities' in the voting laws in Texas he'd like to not have looked into?

Name one state where voting irregularities have not reared it's ugly head...The system of multiple votes cast by the same person with the name of Micky Mouse who is bussed from district to district because they do not even have to show a valid I.D. You want that, you got it. Funny how cemeteries are full of people who voted in the last election yet died in the 90s

Could it be the unconstitutionality of certain legislation acts witch violate a woman's rights?

I assume you are upset about the abortion issue?
I am both pro-choice and pro-life. I believe every woman has the right to safe and effective, medically tested and approved, birth control. I believe in the right to a safe abortion. I would not make the decision for a woman because I am a man. I can't make this decision for the same reason that I would not make a life altering decision for someone else unless they were a child getting ready to stick their finger in a fire or asked me my opinion..The very people whom you seem so concerned with and want to play the race card have the highest abortion rate in the country.. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 1973, roughly 50 million legal induced abortions have been performed in the United States. In 2004, the rates of abortion by ethnicity in the U.S. were 50 abortions per 1,000 black women, 28 abortions per 1,000 Hispanic women, and 11 abortions per 1,000 white women....as the economy worsens ( it is getting better the government said so) there will be more abortions both legal and illegal or kids will be abandoned to the street to grow up on their own....wait that is already well established...sorry

Personal responsibility and the choices one makes etc etc however what we have is a government that wants to control personal responsibility out of their citizens life.

Dare I throw the race card in the mix too, considering the voting issues in Texas are screwed to prevent minority voters... and that Holder is a minority?

Hummm you might want to look at all the Blacks in political office in Texas before you spout your race baiting propaganda.

If a person is bad and corrupt it matters not the color of their skin.The head of NSA lied to congress..There used to be a time when thoses who were caught not speaking the truth got time in club fed....Now it seems "Oh Well, what do you expect from the government"!
edit on 3-8-2013 by 727Sky because: ......

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Robert Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yes I suspected as much. However I do agree with you that maybe this could help get the ball rolling and draw attention.

I also agree with the person who said that even should this happen, (big if) they are essentially the fall guys taking one for the team. They can call them "bad apples" and the rabble settles down a bit then it's business as usual.

It amazes me how some of these guys can lie, get caught red handed and yet nothing really happens in terms of consequences or accountability.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the feedback.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, nice one...keep calling...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It amazes me how some of these guys can lie, get caught red handed and yet nothing really happens in terms of consequences or accountability.

I think the underlying rule here is a simple enough one. If you or I lie in a major matter that people get hurt or killed in? It's called a crime and we'll be arrested and charged with any number of things, depending on what jurisdiction we did the dirty deed in.

If high level politicians and appointees lie? Well now, that's just a misunderstanding or something taken out of context or a phony scandal, no matter how many are hurt or killed.

Don't you just love hypocrisy? At least it reminds us why we need to stay mad and not forget who is who on the player's card.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Unless the playing field gets levelled soon, you wont have a rats arses chance in hell of ever experiencing
the constitutionally guaranteed freedoms that are so hypocritically abrogated by large and small officials alike.
Political life needs to be watched by a competent and courgeous fourth estate...not outfits like Fox or CNN

I sear to god America is drugged senseless

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Can't they be impeached? Have to look into this.

Yup.. They sure can.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Quote; the idea of justice is an illusion, the system guarantees these people safety because everyone is involved.

The coup is in place, there is no one to fix it. Its only my opinion but when the Dem's take the House and retain the Senate in 2014 this will all be very clear by what will follow.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I hadn't seen this either. The MSM is ignoring it because they hear stuff like this all the time on the floor but the speaker/author never follows up on it. It's all hot air.

Now if he had said, "Terminate...with extreme prejudice." then it would be headline news.

Maybe it was a kicker for some Manchurian Candidate.

edit on 4-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet

Hmmm.
M.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

Woop, Race Card pulled already hmm?

Maybe it could be because he allowed hundreds(?) of Assault Rifles to be smuggled into Mexico that are now un accounted for at at the disposal of Drug Cartels who have no qualms about hanging motherfuc*ers from bridges or sawing their heads off with hunting knives?

Maybe it's because he is ok with 'allowing' Drone Strikes on Americans on American soil

Maybe it's because he refused to prosecute New Black Panthers on Voter Intimidation Charges?

Maybe it's because, as a legal figurehead he would have no qualms about trying to hook Zimmerman up on Double Jeopardy in the Martin Case?

Maybe it's because he has absolutely no ability to see the letter of the law as it is, he instead sees how he think it should be?

Nah, it couldn't be ANY of these reasons why he wants Holder out?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Why stop there? I mean "start" there....I would start at the top and work my way down.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Prosecute James Clapper!

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

<<   2 >>

join