It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Man Thread"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is my first thread besides my introduction. Don't know how well this will go over. Don't really care. Because as we all know nothing matters anyway. Most likely though this can go 2 ways. This can be enjoyable or it can be horrendous.

Please be advised if it turns out horrendous it most likely wasn't my fault but the doings of a jealous troll. Most of the time when someone messes something up it is because subconsciously apart of them wishes it could have been them. But it wasn't so they get mad.

Now that that's over with on with the show:

The first 24 hrs of the thread will base around 3 topics starting here in the op. If the first 24 hrs goes good. I will present another 3 topics for the next 24 hrs and so on...

Every 3 topics will be like the beginning of a new show. This being a thread where men can come take there shoes off crack open a beer and feel like a man.

First topic: ( Why do women feel the need to use getting pregnant as a way out of working for a living? )

Whats up with that?

Second topic: ( Is it possible for a man to be so int getting a woman's attention that he could be considered gay? )

Here's an example using kitties as an attention getter. But when it never goes any further then oh that's cute. And you lose out to the more masculine guy. Would that mean you probably look a little gay?

Come on now guys wake up.

Last topic: ( Should women start asking us men out more often so that they can feel what it's like to walk in our shoes? )

Hey I admit right now my game sucks. If only half the women understood how hard that is. Especially getting your courage up to ask.

All right well time to end this on a bang. As always with our show we will end each topic debate with some sexy bunnies.

Enjoy!

edit on 2-8-2013 by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And in 1....2....3....

LOL This is going to turn into quite the thread. Gotta hand it to ya. I can't even imagine where this is going to go. There have been lots of "men-centric" topics around here, and they always go way, way off the deep end!

Good luck!

Edit: Yay first post for once! That's whats up.
edit on 2-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Prediction...

Before the end of the first page here, this will devolve into a gender bashing all out mud-wrestling match.

Well maybe not exactly mud-wrestling in that way, but mud slinging definetly.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I see no reason for it. This is not a debunking thread this is opinions only. This thread is where men can come together and talk about the everyday problems we as men face.

To be honest women should stay out of it and just stalk the thread so they can get an idea of what they do wrong/right. After all healthy relationships don't last without each side knowing what the other expects. If a woman is set in her ways that shes always right and any men near her has to listen to everything she says.

I hate to say it but she deserves to be single all her life. Happiness in a relationship needs to be 50/50 although I agree with mine it's always 75/50. Because I work harder to make her happy. But don't we all try that? Then wonder why it failed? Sometime your just not right for eachother and others it's because you came together at the wrong time.

So I see no reason for a gender war here. If you can't compromise your survival rate drops drastically. In the game of dating only the ones willing to evolve have relationships that survive.

Getting advice from old world daters like grandma's just don't cut it now a days why do you think men don't tie down. And women believing that crap that all men want or think about is sex. That's old world. That's why it's hard to tie a woman down.

So as you see there is a lot to be learned.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
*whistles and shuffles away"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Since this is the "Man Thread" here's some advice guys...

If a woman has/does these three things and is single...it's a good bet you might get her home with you.

1. Has tattoos

2. Smokes cigarettes

3. Drinks

Protip: When going out on the town, bring a pack of smokes (even if you don't smoke). Intentionally "forget" your lighter. When you see a hottie lighting a cigarette, go up and ask her for a light.

It's a really non-threatening way to start a conversation. Now what you say after "thanks" .... I'll leave that up to you. Just make sure you scan her for the "trifecta" before approaching her. You'll narrow your odds and waste less time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Hahahahaha hahahaha, I don't know if I even want to touch this. The first one, you talking about a "keep a ni&$a baby?" Or just getting out of work? Because I can say as a new father, getting "out of work" with a new baby is the last thing she'lll be doing.

Okay topic two, sounds like desperation, if you're willing to go shop for shoes with a lady just for attention, people are probably going to make assumptions.

Not sure if number three is still relevant nowadays. I think girls ask guys out quite a bit.

Good luck man.

-dbd
edit on 2-8-2013 by denybedoomed because: Edit

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're single and have not had many lady friends?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

To be quite honest with you my personal life is none of your concern. I'll take a stab in the dark and say that anyone who frequents this site is either a conspiracy nut or a nerd. Feel that?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm only gonna address one subject here and that's your "game." I understand man. And I don't pretend to be a lady magnet. Magnetic maybe.

Here's the number one thing I think any guy should learn: Practice looking directly into women's eyes without giving into the urge to look away. Look as deep and as long as they will let you. The eyes truly are the window into the soul and a lot of information is exchanged that way. It's powerful.

The second thing is to develop a large and wide variety of social friends and circles. Hopefully not the bar scene so much, but that's okay, too. The more friends one makes with women the more chances one has of clicking with some of those friends on some level has been my experience.

Now, is it time to post more babe pics yet? I like the babes pic part.

edit on 2-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hey you can add a few babes if you want. Just keep the pics in the guidelines.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Here's an example using kitties as an attention getter. But when it never goes any further then oh that's cute. And you lose out to the more masculine guy. Would that mean you probably look a little gay?

Did you get friendzoned bro? Plenty of fish in the sea. Don't fall into that dumb 'nice guys finish last' mindset you see victimizing neckbeards and MRA dudes. You don't have to be overly manly or a jackass to have success with women. The kind that stuff works on probably aren't worth your time anyway.

You sound young, and if so I think you're gonna have a real bad time if you get into this blame women rut.

I don't see this thread as having much to do with manly things. It seems more like a way to vent about dating failure. If you want advice on women start a thread on that. If you want a manly thread lets talk about cars, or beer, or sports, or shooting, or really anything other than 'that guy looks gay because he tries too hard'.

I'm happy to discuss ONE of the topics in the OP, but all of them is asking for a cluster you know what of a thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hallelujah!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t
This thread is where men can come together and talk about the everyday problems we as men face.

No it's not. It's about women, and YOUR frustration, confusion, obsession, dislike and disrespect for them. This thread is NOT about the problems that ordinary men face everyday. Just look at the topics you've chosen....

First topic: ( Why do women feel the need to use getting pregnant as a way out of working for a living? )

How do expect to get an answer to such a (dumb) question like this without the input of women?

To be honest women should stay out of it and just stalk the thread so they can get an idea of what they do wrong/right. After all healthy relationships don't last without each side knowing what the other expects.

Oh? Do you really think you have something to teach "women" about what they're doing wrong, so much so that they would want to "stalk" your thread for insight? We'll be here, waiting to learn something from you!

Second topic: ( Is it possible for a man to be so int getting a woman's attention that he could be considered gay? )

Not only is this question about ways of getting a woman's attention, but you seem to equate, or believe that woman equate a sensitive guy as the same a same sex preference, ie, "gay". I guess you think that women prefer an insensitive, macho brute over a kitten loving sensitive guy. Again, women's input might help you out here.

Last topic: ( Should women start asking us men out more often so that they can feel what it's like to walk in our shoes? )

This isn't going to work without women's agreement.

Getting advice from old world daters like grandma's just don't cut it now a days why do you think men don't tie down. And women believing that crap that all men want or think about is sex. That's old world.

Why is thread all about women and you, a man, thinking about getting attention (sex) from them, them asking YOU out, and YOUR fear of getting one of them pregnant so she won't have to work?

Maybe you can get your grandmother to explain to you why women like to get pregnant so that they don't have to work.

That's why it's hard to tie a woman down.

I wouldn't recommend tying a woman down.
It generally doesn't end well.

So as you see there is a lot to be learned.

Indeed.

edit on 2-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I may be stalking the thread, but it certainly isn't for insight.
If anything, I'm here for the humor.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Now that you said your opinions. Where does that leave this thread and you?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Not only is this question about ways of getting a woman's attention, but you seem to equate, or believe that woman equate a sensitive guy as the same a same sex preference, ie, "gay". I guess you think that women prefer an insensitive, macho brute over a kitten loving sensitive guy. Again, women's input might help you out here.

I think a woman's input would help OP quite a bit. I know a lot of manly guys that have a huge soft spot for dogs, cats and even babies. I think OP was aiming more for guys that end up letting themselves get walked all over and couldn't think of a good example.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Now that you said your opinions. Where does that leave this thread and you?

It leaves him with the respect and you without.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Now that you said your opinions. Where does that leave this thread

Easily debunked as NOT a place for men to discuss their everyday problems.

and you?

Amused.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join