It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' uncovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This might get a little controversial... Though I don't like the source from "Fox News" it's definately interesting~

Human sex-determining chromosomes: X chromosome (left) and the much smaller Y chromosome. (University of Arizona)

Genetic Adam and Eve

Before the Religious Sector of ATS start calling blasphemy, please read the article and give a honest response and for the love of Christ don't go on a heretic binge~

Almost every man alive can trace his origins to one man who lived about 135,000 years ago, new research suggests. And that ancient man likely shared the planet with the mother of all women.

The findings, detailed Thursday, Aug. 1, in the journal Science, come from the most complete analysis of the male sex chromosome, or the Y chromosome, to date. The results overturn earlier research, which suggested that men's most recent common ancestor lived just 50,000 to 60,000 years ago.

That's a big time span there folks... Seems like just yesterday no human life was prior to 10,000BC and now we are unearthing new Ancient Sites and Relics dating back to Biblical Periods confirm "Some" stories of old.

I'm curious, as I am a believer in Adam and Eve and "Creation" though I have my own thoughts on this.... How does this quote par?

Despite their overlap in time, ancient "Adam" and ancient "Eve" probably didn't even live near each other, let alone mate.

How did we pro-create? Musta been some other women, somewhere

This is where the plot "Thickens" ATSer's

But the results, though fascinating, are just part of the story, said Michael Hammer, an evolutionary geneticist at the University of Arizona who was not involved in the study.

A separate study in the same issue of the journal Science found that men shared a common ancestor between 180,000 and 200,000 years ago.

And in a study detailed in March in the American Journal of Human Genetics, Hammer's group showed that several men in Africa have unique, divergent Y chromosomes that trace back to an even more ancient man who lived between 237,000 and 581,000 years ago.

Post Adam and Eve? Or far from the mark?

"It's very exciting," Wilson Sayres told LiveScience. "As we get more populations across the world, we can start to understand exactly where we came from physically."

Why would it take "more" populations? Why can't this code be broken with what we have???

I'm lost in a fray of DNA and need some outside input~

That's where my fellow ATSer's come into play.

There is much more entailed in the source of this, and much longer than what I postulated.

I am no geneticist nor scientist but this article perked my "ear's" on a possible "Where did we come from"

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I watched a documentary in 6th grade showing a brief overview of how scientists searched for a man hypothesized to carry the genetics of the very beginning of the human species. They looked in Africa, and among a number of test subjects, one of them was a match. They successfully located one of the last remaining members of the original clan of homo sapiens, a member of the earliest evolved family. Any further back and they were no longer technically homo sapiens.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That is awesome, I'm amazed that we can genetically link everything that we do, I would love a link to see that information or if you remember the name of the Video I can always go on a search for the video myself.

My ultimate thought is, "where does the end of the journey take us" as a species as a whole. Could this be a pandoras box that we don't necessarily like the "End" result that we dig up.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It does raise the question: Who were the parents of this Adam and Eve who never met?
I refer you back to your fox news source

And in a study detailed in March in the American Journal of Human Genetics, Hammer's group showed that several men in Africa have unique, divergent Y chromosomes that trace back to an even more ancient man who lived between 237,000 and 581,000 years ago.

So answer being that there is no “Adam” and “Eve” in the literal sense, because they all these Adam and Eve’s had parents. The story title is therefore indirectly according to this same article an example of sensationalistic, journalistic, spin. All there are in reality is numerous ancestors who all humans are related to, we will of course be related to this Adam and Eve's parents which ultimately will include bacteria.

I'm curious, as I am a believer in Adam and Eve and "Creation" though I have my own thoughts on this...
I’m curious: Is this because of science, or because some e.g. preacher got to you when from like playgroup years onwards, and convinced you a paper copy of an ancient, stinking, salted camel skin, text, where the answers to all the universe? (Written that on camel skin because of course the authors were so enlightened & all!)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

So answer being that there is no “Adam” and “Eve” in the literal sense, because they all these Adam and Eve’s had parents. The story title is therefore indirectly according to this same article an example of sensationalistic, journalistic, spin. All there are in reality is numerous ancestors who all humans are related to, we will of course be related to this Adam and Eve's parents which ultimately will include bacteria.

I didn't think of it this way, thank you for bringing that to "yonder, lightbulb on my head"

Wouldn't it though in the same sense that if Adam and Eve had a father and so forth that ultimately including bateria be traceable after time?

I.E~ another 10 years or more from now finding more DNA through fossils and ancient sites that help link the billion piece puzzle of "creation" even farther?

I’m curious: Is this because of science, or because some e.g. preacher got to you when from like playgroup years onwards, and convinced you a paper copy of an ancient, stinking, salted camel skin, text, where the answers to all the universe? (Written that on camel skin because of course the authors were so enlightened & all!)

Both actually, as I was raised in "religion" and would love to believe all the stories in the bible. For myself as a "Day Dreamer" I embellish the thoughts and stories but I take them as just that. After freeing myself from "organized" religion and surfing through many "Stories of old" even back to the Sumerian times I can't help but shake the thought that one day "Mankind will find the stories of old are actually factual (To a point)" and not just some "Guy" who drank to much koolaid writting down fantastical stories~

The science side of me relishes the new technology and being able to "time and date" as actual science fact as it helps clear some smoke that I have clouding my own judgement and thoughts at times.

That being said, I am big on Geneology in my family and both myself and my sister are diligently sifting through generations of individuals trying to date our own ancestry back. A topic in itself and very eye opening of "knowing" where one person's lineage is "truelly" from.

I hope that helped and if it didn't please let me know and I will try and better antiquate the response I provided.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Before the Religious Sector of ATS start calling blasphemy, please read the article and give a honest response and for the love of Christ don't go on a heretic binge~

The Babylonian Talmud Chaggiga 13b-14a states that there were 974 generations before God created Adam.
edit on 2-8-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Holy Crickey~
974 Generations prior to Adam and Eve... This is something I did not know. That's a lot of years... The Babylonian Talmud huh... This is one book I have not had the pleasure of diving into... That is a good piece of information.

Thank you dashen!
edit on 2-8-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
From the OP:

"And in a study detailed in March in the American Journal of Human Genetics, Hammer's group showed that several men in Africa have unique, divergent Y chromosomes that trace back to an even more ancient man who lived between 237,000 and 581,000 years ago."

Some people are going to run with this: "Oh, look at that - subhumans! Beast of the field!!"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Some people are going to run with this: "Oh, look at that - subhumans! Beast of the field!!"

Neanderthals? Subhumans? Darwinians?

I don't at least perceive ancient man as Subhuman at all. Heck with just the few responses in this thread already for myself, the Geneology of man goes beyond Adam and Eve. Even with our Ancient past and the structures dating back farther than our records show, they have some pretty advanced structures (to say the least) but I don't want to go to OT so I digress.

I guess the point is, that no matter how far we've come, we still have that much farther to go and don't understand ourselves or our Ancient past as much as we'd like to say we do. We don't.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I too am a firm believer in god and Christ but have my own theory's as well like yourself and keep an open mind, Who did the children of the biblical Adam and Eve marry if not other humans not from the garden, (though for me the bible really begins at the story of Abrahams conversion to monotheism and the search for the true god culminating in the rejection of the false house god's), Are all angels spirit's or just as god can send a normal man as an angel (it literally means messenger of El - El was the high god of the Canaanite pantheon and regarded as the enemy of Ya but through linguistic adoption it came to represent Ya so the angels we refer to should be called AngYa) and why there fore should our god whom we accept to be the king of the universe not have made other children elsewhere among the stars, could some of these be visiting or have visited in the past as AngYa and could the biblical Adam and Eve not be simple advanced hybrids or genetic specimen's of higher celestial potential whose genes disseminated through the population giving rise to the true civilisations and these more Ancient X and Y chromosome's be merely legacy shared by all humans weather of there descent or not.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

So the clay was humanity made of the dust and the soul of god was the word written in there foreheads making Adam and Eve golems of divine purpose and gods truth, I preferred this to my idea, thank you.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Op well no matter what anyone claims we really don't know how we as " humans" were created or when or where.

edit on 2-8-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This is good news. This now puts Y Adam closer to Mitochondrial Eve. Likely, they might as well be the same. I just finished my latest book and I covered this subject. Genesis 1 states that mankind (not Adam) was created first by Elohim. As the verses indicate, they were BOTH male and female. Then, in Genesis 2, The Lord split them male and female by taking DNA from Adam (Who was both). I can verify the significance of this with proof. Really? Proof?

Father is Aleph Bet (Alphabet). That's letters of DNA. Aleph is strong (OX) and Bet is House. The Strong House is the strong nuclear force.

Mother is Aleph Mem (Water / Hydrogenesis). Aleph is strong (OX) and Mem is water. Strong Water of the formless void is Hydrogen.

Son is Bet Nun and is the House of the Seed. The continuation of the house is the Word.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Proof that cannot be denied.

edit on 2-8-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Op well no matter what anyone claims we really don't know how we as " humans" were created or when or where.

edit on 2-8-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

We do know how and with what. Read my last post.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Fox News science?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Correction: you believe how and with what. The rest of us actually attempt to be rational with our investigations. Your evidence is no evidence at all. And no amount of paraphrasing will change that. Sorry, but you really need to work on your case skills.
edit on 3-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Correction: you believe how and with what. The rest of us actually attempt to be rational with our investigations. Your evidence is no evidence at all. And no amount of paraphrasing will change that. Sorry, but you really need to work on your case skills.

Then all you need to do is rationally explain how the word Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet (Letters of DNA); how the tree of life represents something God protects for eternal life (again, DNA); how Christ is the Word of John 1 (again, DNA and proteins from amino acids chains); how Christ claims that salvation depends on being saved into the Lamb's book of life; how the fruit of knowledge is technology that will eventually kill us (Genesis 3); how Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem (Strong Waters of the formless void - Hydrogen), how Aleph Bet (Father) is Strong House (Strong Nuclear Force) and so on I could go.

Give it a shot if you can, but this is evidence we have an enigma larger than your incredulity against it. Unless you can deny the probability of what God left for us to see, your bias is dead in the waters of life.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Then all you need to do is rationally explain how the word Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet (Letters of DNA); how the tree of life represents something God protects for eternal life (again, DNA); how Christ is the Word of John 1 (again, DNA and proteins from amino acids chains); how Christ claims that salvation depends on being saved into the Lamb's book of life; how the fruit of knowledge is technology that will eventually kill us (Genesis 3); how Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem (Strong Waters of the formless void - Hydrogen), how Aleph Bet (Father) is Strong House (Strong Nuclear Force) and so on I could go.

ex·trap·o·late
verb ik-ˈstra-pə-ˌlāt
ex·trap·o·lat·edex·trap·o·lat·ing
Definition of EXTRAPOLATE
transitive verb
: to infer (values of a variable in an unobserved interval) from values within an already observed interval
a : to project, extend, or expand (known data or experience) into an area not known or experienced so as to arrive at a usually conjectural knowledge of the unknown area
b : to predict by projecting past experience or known data

You. Are. Extrapolating. You want so badly to prove something you have very little reason to believe outside of your selfish and simple-minded pursuits, you are willing to make yourself look like an idiot in the process. I'm not being offensive, I am stating a fact. To be fair, that data would be interesting if you weren't shoving a square peg through a round hole.

Have fun trying to make all that crap look like legitimate science.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Then all you need to do is rationally explain how the word Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet (Letters of DNA);

The Internet told me that the Hebrew word for father is either 'Ab' or 'Av'. The letters are 'Aleph' and 'Bet' or 'Aleph' and 'Vet". How are these the letters of DNA (A from Adenine, T from Thymine, C from Cytosine, and G from Guanine)?

how the tree of life represents something God protects for eternal life (again, DNA);

I'm not following your logic.

how Christ is the Word of John 1 (again, DNA and proteins from amino acids chains);

Not following your logic here either.

how Christ claims that salvation depends on being saved into the Lamb's book of life;

Don't know if true, even if it is, so what?

how the fruit of knowledge is technology that will eventually kill us (Genesis 3);

Where is technology mentioned in Genesis 3?

how Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem (Strong Waters of the formless void - Hydrogen)

According to the Internet, Am (letters Aleph and Mem) is the Hebrew word for mother. I'm not following your logic with the stuff in parentheses.

how Aleph Bet (Father) is Strong House (Strong Nuclear Force) and so on I could go.

And again, not following your logic.

The hebrew phrase for not good is "Lo tov" (There is no God, Enoch is Wrong). Explain that, if you can..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
First, I hope everyone had a great weekend. That being said, I'm glad to see some very thought provoking responses to this thread. I see 2 sides of a coin in suite and both bring valid responses, both from the religious pov's and the scientific pov's. It's my own perception that none is the greater or lesser in any way.

As Albert Einstein once stated: You can't always use logic in a illogical world.

It's for me a very controversial topic in that both sides would debate until the bitter end. Yet the end result is what both sides are looking for. Verification so that a side can feel validated in there search for the reason of "Who are we" and "Where did we come from".

Fox news did provide the initial source Prezbo but was also documented in the science community as well. So as I'm not a fan of MSM, the back up source in the OP is what "solidified" my yearning to bring this to ATS.

I like to consider myself like Sweden and stay a "True Neutral" I like to absorb all sides before and sometime never making a final stand as information can become inconclusive at the very least. This for me show's how far as a species we all still need to go. Understanding of the darker side and vice versa for the individuals on the other side of that coin.

Our past history is as clouded as the what will the future hold for us as a whole. Will we disapear like our Ancient past civilizations or will be make it past that cusp where they failed and will we succeed? Will we be able to answer these questions?

I really don't know, I would like to. Maybe that's why I love ATS and the members therein so much.

top topics

join