It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAMPKILL reviews The Dark Knight Rises.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello everyone, MR MASK here again. I just recently seen The Dark Knight Rises (I know, I'm slow) and I couldn't get my head around how badly it was constructed. So I started talking to some friends about it and they are defending the flick blindly like it was a religion and some taboo subject to even critique.

This made me create a video to attack the movie point by point and I thought I'd share it here (I share some of my videos with ATS when there is a proper place in the forums for it).

The video is voice over video game footage (My channel is a video game commentary channel) and there is some swearing in it. So if you hate video games, dumb humor and vulgarity, you do NOT want to see this video.

But if you watched The Dark Knight Rises and got as angry with it as I did, I can only say this video attempts to kick its butt gracefully and swiftly. The video is me talking about the movie and sharing all the issues I personally had with it. Everything from plot mechanics that didn't work, to broken scenes, contradictions and out right foolish motivations within the movie.

With that all said, I hope some of you enjoy the vid. here it is.

MM

edit on 2-8-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

My review of your video would be equivocal to yours of the Dark Knight.

I haven't even see the movie but I can say that your video is poorly presented.

The music is bad, the video game playing in the background is bad, and your delivery of your review sucks.

I have tried my very best to give an honest opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Problems mentioned in the movie.

1) CIA fails to check prisoners before bringing them on plane.

2) CIA plane has no radar to detect incoming craft.

3) CIA plane attack so dangerous how did they plan to pull it off without scientist or bane dying?

4) Bad script.

5) Bruce can't walk without cane or limp, but does so perfectly for more than half the movie.

6) Magic motorcycles appear out of nowhere when they rob the stock exchange. And no bikes were brought in.

7) Motorcycle chase in daylight, then instantly changes to night.

8) Cops spend months underground, but come out clean shaven and with clean uniforms.

9) The cops had guns in sewers, but come out unarmed and fist fight their way through an army of henchmen.

10) Henchmen fist fight unarmed cops, while ignoring they tanks and machine guns they have on them to handle such messes.

11) Bruce has two vertebra protruding out his lower back. These get fixed by a monk punching them back in.

12) Bruce escapes the pit with no money, connections or toys. And yet arrives inside Gothem in hours without transportation even tho the city is on lock down and surrounded by both military and henchmen watching all entrances.

13) With a handful of hours left to defuse the bomb, Bruce decides to paint a giant bat on a bridge instead of going directly towards the bomb, leaving him seconds to get the job done.

14) How did Batman escape the blast? If he even did.

15) How did Blake find Gordon in the sewers instantly when its clearly stated it would be impossible to find him due to the system leading to countless drains.

16) How come Talia had sex with Bruce when she hates him?

17) How did Blake know Bruce was Batman from a smile while Gordon (a great detective) didn't even suspect this in the slightest after three movies?

18) How did Bruce know what day Alfred would be at the cafe?

19) Is Christopher Nolan messing with us?

20) Bane was upset that his character was written to be killed off by some girl on a bike.

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Mr Mask

My review of your video would be equivocal to yours of the Dark Knight.

I haven't even see the movie but I can say that your video is poorly presented.

The music is bad, the video game playing in the background is bad, and your delivery of your review sucks.

I have tried my very best to give an honest opinion.

lol.

Actually, my videos get a lot of love and some famous names in both the media and video gaming have said they are awesome. But thanks.

As for the game play? I just killed 37 guys and died 4...and never stopped running. Only 23 other people in the entire world run as much as I do, and I'm in the top 1000 players in the world.

And lastly, the music is created by two very professional and successful producers from germany known as Class X Coburg.

In other words...you are silly and trolling. Good day and have fun being that way.

HUGS!

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

very professional and successful producers from germany known as Class X Coburg

Your Kidding. .. Right?
Tell them that they shouldn't quit their day jobs.

I was suprised when I looked up the ratings on the IMDB.

Ratings: 8.6/10 from 638,141 users.

IMDB - Dark Knight Rises

After seeing that I immediately became aware that this is a Troll thread.

But then again, You can't please all of the people all of the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Don't sugar coat it Shadellac,
tell him how you really feel.

Mike
edit on 2-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I have had too many Extreme TOC violations recently. I am trying to turn over a new leaf.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

In other words...you are silly and trolling. Good day and have fun being that way.

HUGS!

MM

Maybe he realized it was you!
that fragged him in that game.

Mike

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by mikegrouchy

I have had too many Extreme TOC violations recently. I am trying to turn over a new leaf.

So..you dislike Class X Coburg but enjoy being a jerk. That's fine. You being a noob here on ATS I will attempt to forgive you for your fisher-price-my-first-insults and judge you on the threads you have created (some are actually good).

Anyways, keep typing how you do. I assure you, we have all seen countless folks like you banned for being rude and/or irrelevant in attempts of being "snarky".

But sadly, you are still wrong on three things.

1) I am one of the best MW3 players in the world and get about 50,000 views a month. Meaning, I don't suck at vids or game play. Your opinion is reserved as your own right, of course.

2) Class X Coburg are very talented and well respected. The fact they allow me to use their music is an honor. Of course, again your opinion is a reserved right.

3) My videos can't suck as bad as you say since famous folks tweet, share and speak of them highly. But yet again...your opinion (as rude and as bent as it is) is always allowed.

But I do suggest you clean up your presentation of your opinions here on ATS. Being a talented lil troll myself, I can tell you that your insults are plastic and thin. Work on your material. I'll continue with mine.

Hey, maybe one day people will listen to you...and you won't have to do this little thing you do in forums for attention. I promise, if you ever achieve fans, friends or success you will drop this shallow little dance you do for self gratifying hooh-has.

HUGS BRO!

ps-Jealously is a real shame.

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Christopher Nolan's Colon

That was funny. Almost as funny as Bane's impression of Sean Connery with emphysema. I swear I laughed aloud when I first heard it!

Now...there is some odd things in that movie (ATS knows what I mean...)

But it is the worst of the 3.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Christopher Nolan's Colon

That was funny. Almost as funny as Bane's impression of Sean Connery with emphysema. I swear I laughed aloud when I first heard it!

Now...there is some odd things in that movie (ATS knows what I mean...)

But it is the worst of the 3.

I really just wanted to do Bane's voice lol. So I made the video a review to hide that fact.

Ya there is a lot of "weird things" in that movie.

Nolan is evil.

HUGS!

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Its just a movie. If you dont like it, go outside and find out what the sun feels like.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Its just a movie. If you dont like it, go outside and find out what the sun feels like.

In 8 years I've watched 6 movies. Trust me, I go outside. In fact, I also go on stage for over a decade.

Do the math...a social life is not lacking.

A coherent plot in the 19th largest movie in the history of film- is what is lacking.

Thanks for the comment, enjoy your day!

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Only arrogance might cause you to assume that I am a NooB.

I was not insulting anything. I was giving an honest review as you did about the Dark Knight.

If you are going to do a video review you could at least use something in the background that pertains to what you are reviewing. Playing your video game in the background completely detracts from the points you are trying to make in your review.

I can see that you have some security issue. I had never even mentioned anything about your game playing ability so how can you say that I am wrong about something I never even mention?
Besides, what talent does it take to push some buttons on an electronic music software?
Also, I had not mentioned anything about any other videos. So how can I be wrong about that?

I submit that your maturity level must be fairly low if you construe constructive criticism to be an attack.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Only arrogance might cause you to assume that I am a NooB.

I was not insulting anything. I was giving an honest review as you did about the Dark Knight.

If you are going to do a video review you could at least use something in the background that pertains to what you are reviewing. Playing your video game in the background completely detracts from the points you are trying to make in your review.

I can see that you have some security issue. I had never even mentioned anything about your game playing ability so how can you say that I am wrong about something I never even mention?
Besides, what talent does it take to push some buttons on an electronic music software?
Also, I had not mentioned anything about any other videos. So how can I be wrong about that?

I submit that your maturity level must be fairly low if you construe constructive criticism to be an attack.

1) I run a channel that thousands of viewers expect video game footage weekly. I understand if it seems out of place to you, but to the people who continually follow my videos, it seems very normal and expected.

2) Yes, you are very new to ATS. Arrogance has nothing to do with it. You also admit to having a constant problem with breaking the rules around here. I can see that myself.

3) You mentioned "the gameplay sucked", its up top...go read it. Also Class X Coburg uses electronic instruments AND real ones. Of course you seem to fail to tell the difference. Must be your ears.

Lastly, security issues? lol. You troll an online forum for kicks. Trust me...you should be more concerned with your own issues. Mine are just fine.

Thanks for the hate and the half-butt material designed to incite a small forum riot. Sadly, I have dealt with some of the most talented trolls, comedians and staff this site has to offer. Good luck with your routine.

But we are done now. HUGS!

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If so many 1000s of viewers are expecting to see your videos, then why has only 3 other persons besides myself commented on this thread?

I have actually been on ATS since about 2006. Just because I did not sign up until recently does not mean anything.

You mentioned "the gameplay sucked",

You are going to have to quote where I said that. Here again your arrogance has caused you to suffer from selective perception.
I said

the video game playing in the background is bad

I said that because it distracts from your points.

Just because someone offers their constructive criticism about your thread does Not mean that they are a Troll.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

1) You said the gameplay was bad. And THEN corrected yourself three posts later by saying "adding gameplay was a bad idea". The mistake is yours not mine.

2) I know you and your activity on ATS very well. Trust me, I am very aware (as are others) that you are a troll who enjoys negativity. No worries...do what you do. Have fun.

3) The reason nobody here is commenting is because this is a conspiracy site not focused on my youtube channel. The views I get are from major names tweeting me in video game circles and for the fact that I make the front page of ebuamsworld fairly often. Hope that clears things up.

Lastly (and this is my last response to you)- You need to work on your presentation here on ATS. Its bad enough you receive warnings and penalties regularly, but the fact that you think you are funny and edgy is misguided. You have not been anything fun or informative here. Just noise in a silent hall.

Good day. I wish you luck on ATS with your little "thing you do".

HUGS!

MM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hey bro, thank you for yet another camp kill video, it's entertaining. I on the other hand, like the concept of your videos and no element in the video distracts me from catching your points. It's fun, funny and informative. I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet but when I watch it ill make sure to catch the points you make. Take care and have a beautiful day.

edit on 2-8-2013 by PurpleVortex because: Grammer

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

This is exactly what I said.

Go back and read it. I never changed anything.

The reason nobody here is commenting is because this is a conspiracy site not focused on my youtube channel.

Then why did you even bother to post this here?

Its bad enough you receive warnings and penalties regularly

I received 2 violations for using 2 unacceptable words. That by no stretch constitutes "Regularly".

So I am curious .. . ..
I gave you constructive criticism in the same way that you offer it to the movie. Might you suspect at all that the producers would consider you a Troll for offering such criticism on their film?

Basically what you have exhibited in this exchange proves that you can Dish Out Criticism but you Can't take it.

I really expected more from an ATS member.

ETA:
If you really believe that I am a Troll, you should go ahead and push the Alert button. If it is true, the Mods will come in here and remove my posts for manners and decorum issues or TOC violations.
edit on 2-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

ETAA:
Your Name wouldn't be Francis, . . would it?
edit on 2-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Hey bro, thank you for yet another camp kill video, it's entertaining. I on the other hand, like the concept of your videos and no element in the video distracts me from catching your points. It's fun, funny and informative. I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet but when I watch it ill make sure to catch the points you make. Take care and have a beautiful day.

edit on 2-8-2013 by PurpleVortex because: Grammer

Thanks Purp! I appreciate the kind words. I do suggest you watch TDKR just to at least see what Nolan tried to pull off as a blockbuster. You are always a gentleman and a scholar in my book sir. Hugs and salute!

MM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join