It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge sentences Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro to life, plus 1,000 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Judge sentences Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro to life, plus 1,000 years

www.cnn.com

"There is no place in this city, there is no place in this country, there is no place in this world for those who enslave others," Judge Michael Russo told kidnapper Ariel Castro.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A life sentence plus an additional 1000 years. This guy is an absolute monster and this is how he should spend the rest of his rotten existense.

So I think this guy got exactly what he deserves. I can only hope those three women can somehow lead some kind of a normal life. Be lucky none of them were my daughter.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He should be tortured and made an example of. Pay per view style. I'm thinking Game of Thrones here.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
curiuos,,,,

1,000 years,,, so if Jesus returns Friday,,,,does the Judges Ruling,,, still stand?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
He should be tortured and made an example of. Pay per view style. I'm thinking Game of Thrones here.

I would certainly not disagree with the torture and pay per view part.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I"m not advocating violence so this is a prediction .. not an advocation ....

Considering the big name he has made for himself and considering that his crimes are
against women who were children when he first started them, I'm thinking he'll be a
high value target in whatever prison he is stuck in. Someone is going to want to
get this guy .. some will want it really badly ... IMHO.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This guy isn't going to last in Jail.

Count on it.

"Someone" will make a name for themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I"m not advocating violence so this is a prediction .. not an advocation ....

Considering the big name he has made for himself and considering that his crimes are
against women who were children when he first started them, I'm thinking he'll be a
high value target in whatever prison he is stuck in. Someone is going to want to
get this guy .. some will want it really badly ... IMHO.

True but I bet the guy will never be put in general population. He'll be put in PC and will live the rest of his life at the expense of taxpayers.

Justice?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
what ever the girls want.so it is said.so it is written.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Question is, when he gets out in 1000 years (500 maybe on good behaviour).....will he do it again?

Never really understood sentences way longer than the human lifespan, unless they believe that medical science is about to make a breakthrough in longevity.....

Anyway, good riddance, I sincerely hope similar things that he did to those girls happen to him inside.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What's with these ridiculous sentences?

Best I can figure it's just a judges way of saying "Boo-yah!".

Not exactly civilized or professional.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If I was a judge, I would sentence people to one hundred bajillion years in prison. That will show them.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I never did understand why they would sentence someone to live and then add years. Do they figure the person will outlive the life sentence or something..?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

a thousand years, wow, he really made a statement.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
I never did understand why they would sentence someone to live and then add years. Do they figure the person will outlive the life sentence or something..?

I think it is just a way of emphasizing how horrible the crime was, that there is no punishment that is equal to the crime.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent

So there never ever can be parole .. that's my guess.
Even if someone is sentenced without parole ... laws change.
So this way, his sentence includes many more years.

I'm just guessing .... but that makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He should be placed in a section of the jail where most of the hard core criminals reside. Maybe after being raped a few times, he would feel what his victims went through and the emotional torment. Karma is a b***h.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

He should be placed in a section of the jail where most of the hard core criminals reside. Maybe after being raped a few times, he would feel what his victims went through and the emotional torment. Karma is a b***h.
reply to post by WeRpeons

The problem with this is people like him are depraved and would probably enjoy it....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

no punishment that is equal to the crime.

sorry that is not correct.

locking someone in a room,,, forever.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no not forever,,,he gets his meals as well,,
light,,
companionship,,good or bad,,,its the same.
all his medical,,and treated with,,,societies cure for him.
u know patience,,understanding,,love,,concern.
well thats the way it was supposed too work,,,,,right??
ya locked away forever.

"no punishment that is equal to the crime. ",,,that might include death.as well?
death is ok u know,,,we all die,,

Ariel Castro to life,,,,in Military Prison doing hard time,, maybe,,,

he's afraid of death,,,thats why he plea bargained,,,he smells it,, and he for the first time,,understands,,,,,,whose the boss Ariel ???

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Very true.

Or they will keep him alive to make him live a life of horrible pain...

Either way... He's screwed...

-SAP-
edit on 1-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join