It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stone head on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm still exited what curiosity brings in the picture and todays new image got me stunned , Really I know there are many uncertainties about this place and NASA still talks about that mars should have had water and atmosphere.

NASA
Larger picture

But I tried to find a reasonable explanation of what I see beyond those rocks. Its a fact that the trick of the eye would let you see other things that the usual rocks seeing on earth . And that distance and blurry images do sometimes trick you .

But I what I see here is nothing I ever have seen on earth other than from old ancient structures.

I pointed out some rocks that I can explain that they so much look of what we see like on point A that really looks to me if thats a statue with a face on it?

On point B; I see this form like it's something fossilized into that rock , Its also has some red metallic looking thing on it , that repeatedly comes back in other rocks/objects

Like on point C: it has the same red metallic like material with holes?
Those egg rounded holes seems to repeat in other surrounding rocks "What can those holes be so perfectly round ?

I tried to find an earthly explanation like lava tubes but I count find any resemblance from earth? Couldn't find anything.

On point D: I noticed allot of holes and ring/hose like thing with a blue color on the edge.And point F has a large egg round thing with a hole in it?

I hope you see what I see because I think this picture is pretty impressive for a bunch of rocks.

Peace

edit on 30-7-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Have you ever heard of Pareidolia... per chance?

Perhaps Curiosity is getting the best of you?

Just saying.... I just see rocks...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
looks like rocks

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know I see them too...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
ROCKS, ROCKS EVERYWHERE!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I very much appreciate your clear labelling and highlighting of what you're seeing, most of these threads I can't ever for the life of me see what the other person has seen.

Going to look at the raw image on the NASA website, I do struggle to see the same things you're seeing though I'm afraid. Not to say you're wrong, just I'm not being struck quite as powerfully as you are.

It's a beautiful image from the surface of Mars though. So much appreciated anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Don't ever look down in a public restroom OP.

I don't see anything but rocks. Usually I can make out what people are talking about, but I'm not seeing anything here.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

One of these days I'd like to see someone spoof these "I see THIS on Mars/The Moon" photos with pictures from any similar looking desert here on Earth (Edited to look like Mars or Moon photos), on purpose, just to see the reactions of all the people that are approaching Obsessive Delusional Mania over ROCKS.

Such a thread would be fun. Spoiler text could be purposefully hidden as the same color as the background so one could only see it by highlighting sections of the OP.
For those that don't get it, then, later on, OP could be like, "Um, guys, it's Arizona".

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That unfortunate that many of you do not see it... only when NASA tells you it is there you would believe it , you are good followers.. Nothing wrong with that..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

approaching Obsessive Delusional Mania over ROCKS

So you think archeology is for Obsessive Delusional Maniacs?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by 0bserver1

I'm struggling but that's perhaps because I'm using my phone.

All you will hear is "rocks rocks rocks" anyway. I like these threads, its interesting to try an see what other people see.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

There are clearly items there that raises many questions , like what are those holes we see in those rocks how can it be formed that way , like they were perforated in some mechanical way?

And the head like statue , I don't think thats formed in a natural way for sure!
edit on 30-7-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

One of these days I'd like to see someone spoof these "I see THIS on Mars/The Moon" photos with pictures from any similar looking desert here on Earth (Edited to look like Mars or Moon photos), on purpose, just to see the reactions of all the people that are approaching Obsessive Delusional Mania over ROCKS.

Such a thread would be fun. Spoiler text could be purposefully hidden as the same color as the background so one could only see it by highlighting sections of the OP.
For those that don't get it, then, later on, OP could be like, "Um, guys, it's Arizona".

On the other hand you could guide the op to NASA's panorama at Rocknest,

mars.nasa.gov...

It's all there, Pumice, Marble Blah Blah.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Rocks.

They look like nothing other than rocks.

They don't even resemble anything other than rocks.

I'm getting really tired of looking at rocks that look like nothing other than rocks.

Shoot me!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Not sure because I can't find this image , can you point that out for me on the panorama?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I'm still exited what curiosity brings in the picture and todays new image got me stunned , Really I know there are many uncertainties about this place and NASA still talks about that mars should have had water and atmosphere.

Mars has an atmosphere and the several missions have found many traces of a watery past.

As for all the things you point, they look like rocks and do not look like they couldn't have been made by natural processes.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

they look like rocks and do not look like they couldn't have been made by natural processes.

I know and your approach towards my thread as always respectful, But we cannot always deny the fact that the ignorance about this planet could be the truth of what we see and the amount of real rocks could clouding the artifacts that lies around between the rubble ?

But it wonders me what could cause the egg rounded stone with the holes on the stone surface of what this you called the natural formed rock any Idea , or is this just another photo artifact that deformed the picture?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The one rock looks like a plucked Turkey, ready to be stuffed and thrown in the oven.
I shouldn't be hungry yet, I just ate. Sorry OP, other than the turkey I just see weird rocks. Taking pictures of rocks is difficult, unless you see the rock in person, the picture will appear much different. I took hundreds of pictures of rocks that appeared weird for the area. I couldn't believe that people couldn't tell from the picture what it was till they saw the picture in person. In this case, I cannot hold and examine any of these rocks, neither can you. What you are seeing is probably an illusion created from the knowledge you hold. It happens to everyone sometimes. I don't think people who were taking pictures of things and showing them on the projector when I was a kid understood that a person cannot most likely see something from a picture unless it was viewed in person. Our minds convert images by what we know and sometimes block out what we don't understand and fill in the image with things we know. No problem, everyone I know, including myself experiences this.

Maybe I need to run to the store tonight and pick up a turkey to cook tomorrow.
I'm not going to get it off my mind now.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by smurfy

Not sure because I can't find this image , can you point that out for me on the panorama?

That wasn't my intention, what you will see though up close and personal though is so many rocks the same as both your examples, in very fine detail, and many with the holes you speak of, and the detail will tell you that it is a rock, not a sculpture.
If there were unambiguous sculptures you won't know about it anytime soon, although NASA comes out to play with odd looking stuff in thumbnails and gives them titles for fun. However keep looking.
I should add that the panoramas are not always perfect, and there may be be faults in the stitching, but that's another subject.
edit on 30-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join