It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Cops Robbing Motorists at Gunpoint.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When a city or state fails (New Orleans post Katrina or Mexico as it devolves into a narcostate) like is happening in Detroit then police often become thugs and prey on the people. This is now beginning to happen in Detroit. After several reports of "fake" cops robbing people in cars at gun point the Detroit PD arrested recognized one of their own (a sergeant) and he was arrested. The police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station. Here is the related story:
www.informationliberation.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It is worse in Detroit than I thought.
The cops are actually robbing people.

So much for 'Law and Order', eh?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My country tis of thee for God's sake what has become of thee.................................................................................................................................................. ...................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................... My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From ev'ry mountainside
Let freedom ring!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes, it is worse than thought now....."Protect and Serve" has deteriorated into "Prey upon and Subjugate".

edit on 30-7-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station.
Drive to the nearest precinct? Oh yeah, i can just see it now....all over the MSM.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If I was a cop in Detroit.
I would just start robbing drug dealers.
What are they gonna do?
Call the cops on me? lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Well that is how Corruption starts....with taking the drug money and then it becomes easier and easier to just take.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That's how Robin Hood did it.
Took from the rich and gave to the poor.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

That is what they were recommending but I can see how that can also have a bad ending. Do you remember the case of the bipolar guy cruising down the road in Pennsylvania (minding his own business and obeying the speed limit) when the cops turned on their lights (taillight out) and he thought that they wanted to pass so he did not pull over? When they finally stopped his vehicle they nearly beat him to death. Rogue cops dont like it when you do not comply (they take it as a personal "dis").

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Re Robin Hood: Giving a tithe (assuming 10% as I doubt that he gave it all away) to the poor certainly bought him a lot of good PR.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ho-ly crap.

Are you kidding me???

They were originally thought to be citizens posing as fake cops. Turns out they were REAL cops!?

I wonder how often this happens.

Probably more than we know.
edit on 30-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So..if you're driving along, and a cop car signals you to pull over...how exactly are you supposed to gauge if there is a fake cop, bad cop or good cop behind the wheel?

It would be a better idea for Detroit PD Internal Affairs department to actually investigate who these bad cops are and get them in jail where they belong.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizenThe police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station.

I have to say this is interesting advice from the police.

The same police that would ask you for ID and then shoot you for putting your hand in your pocket to get it - "I need to see some ID, HES GOT A GUN PROBABLY"

Their advice says: If in doubt drive to the police station.

I cannot wait to see if anyone does this and what the outcome is, provided its not covered up of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

With what money are they seriously going attempt to investigate this with? I mean they can say to the public that they are investigating it, but everyone would know that nothing was going to come of it.

This is just an unfortunate situation all around. And really the public ends up in a bad situation regardless of what happens. If every time someone is pulled over, they head to the police station (because you have really no way of knowing if they are real cops and good or bad), then that just takes a lot of time out of your day. If you just pull over, you risk the chance of being robbed.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

The police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station.
Drive to the nearest precinct? Oh yeah, i can just see it now....all over the MSM.

They say this every time the news reports a fake cop in the area.

Then, as sure as the sun sets, in the weeks following the police on TV saying "drive to the nearest precinct or crowded public place" the news reports some poor woman who drove to the nearest precinct being shouted at by cops with their guns drawn then dragged out through the car window and given a knee to the back of her head because they cops thought she was fleeing.

A million excuses for the bad behavior.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just pulling over and providing money and/or sexual favors is a lot safer that trying to keep driving somewhere. That advice could get you dead.

LEO's are judge jury and executioner in our "enlightened" system. Not all are bad actors but the good ones still keep the secrets.
edit on 30-7-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: bad spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
So..if you're driving along, and a cop car signals you to pull over...how exactly are you supposed to gauge if there is a fake cop, bad cop or good cop behind the wheel?

It would be a better idea for Detroit PD Internal Affairs department to actually investigate who these bad cops are and get them in jail where they belong.

are you kidding, they don't have any money or enough cops.
it takes over a hour for them to respond to a call now.

let alone have any money to pay cops to investigate cops.

it's a shame what has happened to detroit. it use to be the one of the symbols of americas industrial power. to bad they could learn from someplace like pittsburgh after the steel crash.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Listen up. You are only getting half the story.

This guy is a Detroit cop and he found out who robbed his daughter. He recovered her cell phone and purse/money from the people who robbed her however the way in which he did it was not by the book. He has been released and has not been charged with anything yet.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Yeah, but they have $444 MILLION for a new sports stadium?????

Second line!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Listen up. You are only getting half the story.

This guy is a Detroit cop and he found out who robbed his daughter. He recovered her cell phone and purse/money from the people who robbed her however the way in which he did it was not by the book. He has been released and has not been charged with anything yet.

I we do it 'not by the book', it is called taking the law into our own hands.
When a cop does it, he didn't follow procedure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join