It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I need to move back home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Few of you know me outside of the political forums. Fewer still know me outside of ATS.

I grew up in a small mountain town in Colorado called Estes Park.

Some of you may be familiar with that town, some of you may be wondering Where the (redacted)?

It's a small mountain tourist town 72 miles northwest of Denver adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park. and home to the Stanley Hotel. (of Stephen King's "The Shining") fame.

This, this is why I need to move back home. Because this is ok in my town.

Why is it ok? Because that bear was thirsty dangit. And we don't discriminate in my home town.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I barely know what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A bear walks into a bar and asks for a beer. The bartender replies, "Sorry,
we don't serve no beer to no bears in this bar. The bear asks again and is
again told, "We don't serve no beer to no bears in this bar." The bear then
says, "See that lady at the end of the bar. If you don't sell me a beer I'm
going to eat her." The bartender again replies, "We don't serve no beer to no
bears in this bar." The bear eats the lady comes back to the other end of the
bar and says, " Now will you sell me a beer?" The bartender responds, "We
don't serve no beer to no bears in this bar, especially no bears on drugs."
Indignantly, the bear says, "What do you mean on drugs?" The bartender
answers, "Well, that was a Bar Bitch You Ate!"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For those unfamiliar with Estes Park, and unwilling to google it':

This is Estes Park. The pink areas represent (I think) developed land and the white represents incorporated town.

This is the main downtown district. Elkhorn Ave. And Moraine Ave.

This is the door the bear walked into.

For most tourists, Estes park is composed of the main strip of elkhorn avenue. The bar this bear walsed into is Lonigan's it has a front part and a separate back part. During the day the front part is pretty much the only part that is used. At night, the back part is used as a nightclub.

The part that makes this bear story more exciting is that as you can see by the screenshot above Lonigan's has a pretty open door policy.

There is a door that separates the front part from the back part. So unless this bear got pissed that it's drink was watered down, it was in no real danger to the public. But it was really close to the public. Like less than a block away. Weist Drive is the back alley behind this bar, and if anyone notices the topography of the landscape around it, this bear had to walk down either elkhorn avenue or Morane avenue to get to this bar. Two major US roads.

On any given day there are hundreds if not thousands of people wandering around this part of town, it's a tourist mecca

And this is why I want to go home. Cause this kind of stuff is par for the course at home, and I like it that way.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Being familiar with at least part of your journeys and tribulations in the recent past... All I can say is there is no place like home!

Maybe it's time you did go back! You truly do deserve some sense of home and peace. Are you really pondering it or just happy that you came across a bear vid from your hometown?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe it's time you did go back! You truly do deserve some sense of home and peace. Are you really pondering it or just happy that you came across a bear vid from your hometown?

There's a hometown thing called the "Estes Curse".

All the while you are living there, all you want to do is get away from there. And once you do, and experience the rest of the world, all you want to do is return there.

Estes is a magical place. Those who really experience it understand it.

I am planning on going home. The reason is that it's a great place to raise a child. It's safe and wholesome. Albeit boring for the child that has to live there.

But you learn to appreciate it. Especially when you are away from it. I attribute being away from Estes like being kicked out of heaven.

Every time I see something from my hometown, no matter what it is. I want to go back.

A bear walks into a bar, and all I want to do is buy it a drink.
edit on 26-7-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Bears should have the constitutional right to party wherever they like without fear of discrimination!
*Bears For Beer Campaign*

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

It's a small mountain tourist town 72 miles northwest of Denver adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park. and home to the Stanley Hotel. (of Stephen King's "The Shining") fame.

If you live anywhere near there, you sir are blessed.

Raw... Imposing... Ominous...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I can't wait to go the Stanley Hotel one day! You should do a thread on it, you use to work there didn't you?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Actually, that film was made at a hotel in Mount Hood Oregon. The stanley hotel is this.

For a time, it was like my house.

reply to post by zazzafrazz

I actually did work at the Stanley for a while. I did do a thread on it.

My personal expirence working at the Stanley Hotel

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the correction about the Stanely. I should have known, I watched a ghost hunting show about the place... derp.

Thanks for the link to your experiences there at night. Ghosts are some kick aren't they? I haver seen a number and they always give me pause to reflect about the real world.

new topics

top topics

join