It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Caught on Video Planting Drugs In Small Business

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is bullcrap and happens all to often but whats also bs is the woman thats speaking out at the end that claims that this incident is clearly due to racial profiling and they did it because he was black.
I guess it had nothing to do with the fact that he owned a shop that sold crack pipes?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by jude11

This is bullcrap and happens all to often but whats also bs is the woman thats speaking out at the end that claims that this incident is clearly due to racial profiling and they did it because he was black.
I guess it had nothing to do with the fact that he owned a shop that sold crack pipes?

The racial profiling comment is cliche and morose. I agree.

However, does it make folks feel better about it being a smoke shop that was targeted and set up illegally by the "authorities"?

This is one of those, "And when they came for me, there was no one to speak for me" kind of things.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Seeing this video footage makes one wonder how many times they are smart enough to pull it off without leaving behind evidence.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Seeing this video footage makes one wonder how many times they are smart enough to pull it off without leaving behind evidence.

Guaranteed they get away with it more times than not. And in fact keep doing it because of that very reason.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yea..informants will do anything to get off, the courts love them tho , they always side with them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'll explain something being somewhat from that town. Scotia is a wannabe yuppie village. It's full of middle class families and is surrounded by Glenville (who can also run criminal investigations and issue tickets in Scotia), where the police are even more bored than in Scotia. I was once pulled over in rush hour traffic for knocking the head of my cigarette off out the window (littering) and putting the but in my ashtray. When I pointed out the butt, I instead got a ticket for 31 in a 30. I was also coming over the top of a hill where the speed limit drops to 30 from 45 abruptly.

Anyway, when the nicest, cleanest tattoo shop in the area opened on Scotia's main street, the police stopped in daily and asked the same questions about permits and whatnot. Apparently it doesn't suit a pseudo upper class village to have a tattoo shop.

That's exactly what happened here. It's not becoming of a village that's recently spent several million dollars to line the sidewalks with brick and add old gas style street lamps. All while steadily increasing their already monumental tax rates and crying about money. The mayor is my high school shop teacher if that gives you an idea.

Plain and simple, a smoke shop isn't compatible with their idea of what that hellhole is. It looks like they took a card from their ever corrupt neighbors in Schenectady across the bridge. Just search Schenectady Police on here.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thats way too light of a sentence.

This is one of the most deplorable crimes, one of the worst things you can do.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Give the cop the death penalty or at minimum, life in prison.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
just seeing this infuriates me. i wonder how many innocent people are in prison because of situations like these. yet again the people in power abuse it to suit their own ends.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
it was a police informant that planted the drugs.
not the police.
big difference. i know its the title of the video, but that don't mean its right.
i think you should change your headline.
what happened here is the informant is probably in trouble with the law.
i.e. maybe he was caught with drugs and the police want him to snitch on someone.
so he decides to set up the innocent shop owner.
and therefore getting the cops off his back
maybe

You realize who the informants work for right? Who they get paid by, who they make barters with (reduced sentence or immunity for evidence)?

I highly doubt the police are not in on what's actually going on with this informant. And even if they are not, they are responsible for his actions while he does something for them.

That is why in some jurisdictions an informant/undercover officer is not allowed to engage in criminal activity during an investigation.

No matter what, it's their responsibility to know what's going on. How evidence is obtained, etc. It's called due diligence, and in any other industry, failure to do due diligence can lead to bankruptcy or -gasp- even criminal charges. (Irony?)

So I don't see any reason to change the headlines at all.

Some people I went to school with ended up as officers and inside sources tell me they carry around goods to plant. I know others that are straight on, straight up, decent folks who would report the former immediately. Those are the types that should be cops.

The system corrupts because it is a corrupted system.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Who in their right mind just plants crack coc aine on a counter, and thinks that's going to work?? If the guy was a crack head, per se, wouldn't he have a close watch on his crack, in the back of the store, or in his pocket, not out in the open? I hate to say it, but the personality of a crack head is a paranoid one. Crack heads don't just leave their drugs laying around. It's under lock and key, or they hide it so well that they can't even find it!!

The informant is an idiot. How embarrassing for this police department.

But the weird thing is this... if this indeed was an informant, and he was going to "take someone down" to escape trouble himself, why didn't he just take down the guy that sold him the crack??!!

And, as previously posted by others, is this guy REALLY that dumb to not see the video cameras?? It's one of the first things I instinctively look for EVERYWHERE I go, and I don't even participate in criminal activity!!

This entire story is just strange.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

I know a lot of the responses here are that it wasn't the cops, but the drug informant so here ya go!

It seems to have been going on for quite a while, as this is an old video. I assume these aren't isolated incidents, but you know what they say about assuming. Either way, it's probably gonna get a lot darker before the dawn.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thats way too light of a sentence.

This is one of the most deplorable crimes, one of the worst things you can do.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Give the cop the death penalty or at minimum, life in prison.

I agree about being too light, but I'm against the death penalty simply because so many have been sentenced in error!
I also dont like it because it punishes other innocent people. Just imagine if that guy has children at home, and they've got to be told - You wont see daddy anymore because he's got to be killed.
Nope, the death penalty should only be used IF the guilty chooses it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That is so frustrating....disgusting and I would love to see the arrest records of all the people possibly arrested by this officer..I say they get a automatic re-trial for any drug relating offenses...The Chief should have come out immediately and destroyed whoever used this informant although he couldn't look any more like a police officer...what a blow to all the good cops out there...Complete D-BAG!

This actually does make me more upset because this guy set up is black and this does not help us move forward as a country...this just gives those nitwits Jackson and Sharpton more ammunition to say the country still has not moved forward...but I get it...
edit on 26-7-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What an advertisement this is for off-site recording! I have been saying this for years, businesses should have cameras all over their site, and that information should be recorded on-site, and off-site, with a back up archive of at least five years.

You would be shocked to know just how many businesses have this equipment and don't maintain it, don't use it properly, and don't have evidence available when they find that they need it.

It's not uncommon for businesses to lose their recording equipment and the evidence in a robbery, especially if their premises are small enough.

Well done to this man, he had everything in place and it seems he knew how to maintain it and use it properly. I hope he sues their butts to the absolute maximum and that others take a leaf out of his book - watch the cops at every opportunity, there are far too many corrupt cops out there, and they would not think twice about doing whatever it takes to protect themselves and their equally corrupt buddies in crime.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
another reason - besides abolishing the drug cartels - to legalize these substances.
Perhaps this would cut into the elitists vacation money - the war on drugs simply keeps the little wanna be out.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Had they seized everything (including the video) faster - everything that you sed OP would have happend even with the proof of it on video, video then deleted.

Makes you wonder about alot of things, doesnt it?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My ex-wife's HS sweet heart was known for doing this when he was deputy in Okla. Busted everyone I knew where I lived. He was after me so he could get my wife back. I am happy to say he and another coworker got arrested and fired after taking evidence out of the evidence room and pawning it in another county. Most the people he took down did nothing wrong and the system will never concede to that for liability purposes.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The cops should know to search informants before any operations with them.

As for the video this is a warming to always have a backup recording system for all security systems. its no only the cops that play games but criminals play games to.

My security system in my RV records to a DVR plus a computer with a hidden flash drive.

Someone can steal my security DVR and my computer and i will still have a recording on the hidden flash drive. Then i can take care of business even if the cops don't.

Or if the cops plant drugs in my RV i will have a recording of them doing it.

criminals will not take the time to trace every cord coming off a computer and if you are recording to a hidden large flash drive/ external drive they are unlikely to find it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I agree with your anger and frustration.

Killing people is not the answer.

The death penalty is, in itself, a travesty of justice. It should be banned in the US. Ask Todd Cameron Willingham.
edit on 26-7-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its unfortunate that the "investigative report" used the quote from the woman that makes this a RACE issue, and not a Police State issue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join