It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NSA Collecting All the Information Needed to Kill You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Didn't see this in search. If it's a duplicate, mods please do your thing.

Source

On the line with the SEAL was the drone operator and a “collector,” an NSA employee at the agency’s gigantic base at Fort Gordon in Augusta, Ga. The collector was controlling electronic surveillance equipment in the airspace over the part of Afghanistan where the CIA had zeroed in on one particular person.

The SEAL pleaded with the collector to locate the cellphone in Afghanistan that matched the phone number that the SEAL had just given him, according to someone with knowledge of the incident who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue. The collector had never before done such a thing. Before even intercepting a cellphone conversation, he was accustomed to first confirming that the user was the person he had been directed to spy on.

The conversation would then be translated, analyzed, distilled and, weeks later, if deemed to be interesting, sent around the U.S. intelligence community and the White House. On that day, though, the minutes mattered. “We just want you to find the phone!” the SEAL urged. No one cared about the conversation it might be transmitting. The CIA wanted the phone as a targeting beacon to kill its owner.

So the NSA and CIA have been targeting drone strikes at cellphones without first taking the time to be clear who is carrying the phone and what they might be doing. That's how you end up blowing up weddings, political meetings, and groups of teenagers hanging out at a cafe.

Doesn't this just give you that "feel-good" feeling? Especially the part about being able to track certain devices even when they're turned off. I had heard that, but never seen it confirmed (assuming it's all true). What are your thoughts, ATS?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Get rid of your phone, computer and all RFID chips that are probably in your wallet.

Learn to live off of the land with no need for money or society.
Then you'll probably be safe frm the nwo

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

I think the list of people domestically that this administration considers “potential terrorists” is far too big for them to do anything about.

I have no doubt TPTB have no reservations about using death and violence to accomplish their objectives; they take people out. However, when we get to a point where we fear being tracked via our cell phones and targeted for drone strike on US soil I think we’ve crossed the line from concerned, aware, patriotic American to full blow tin foil hat wearing schizophrenic.

Just my $.02

edit on 23-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Especially the part about being able to track certain devices even when they're turned off.

Because your device isn't really off until you remove the battery. It's in standby mode, it's still connected to the network.

Remember those super capacitors that people are all talking about? being able to fast charge phones and such? The first commercial application of that technology, in my opinion, will be small super capacitors soldered right onto the board, keeping the device powered for potentially hours in "standby" without a battery present

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If they really wanted the population dead they would just release a virus to wipe out most of us....Not saying it will not happen, in fact I think TPTB will do this as a solution to population control.
Anyone wanna go halves on a bunker?
edit on 23-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I have no doubt TPTB have no reservations about using death and violence to accomplish their objectives; they take people out. However, when we get to a point where we fear being tracked via our cell phones and targeted for drone strike on US soil I think we’ve crossed the line from concerned, aware, patriotic American to full blow tin foil hat wearing schizophrenic.

If you haven't followed the steep, slippery sleigh-ride our liberties have been on for the last several decades, you've not been paying attention.

Do you remember when fedgov took the GPS coordinates of our front door? I don't think they will hesitate to mass kill us when they lose control of the situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Given the current situation - and even most scenarios I can imagine - domestic drone strikes seem very unlikely to me... at least on any scale large enough to worry about. Property means too much and with the current ( and future, I am sure ) laws governing the seizure and resale of property belonging to certain classes of criminals? Well an entry team will leave far more things for seizure and financial transfer to black budgets than a smart missile will.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
Get rid of your phone, computer and all RFID chips that are probably in your wallet.

Unfortunately, that probably would put you on a bunch of watch-lists and make you some kind of prime target.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

NSA Collecting All the Information Needed to Kill You

Well with the way my life's going lately I wish they'd hurry the hell up for f**k sake.

2nd

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown

Daily Kos source is page 2 from the Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com... tory_1.html

My first thought after skimming through the WP article was "geez, I'm glad I don't use a cellphone". Really, anything that was connected to a network with GPS tracking could be used to locate a person. I had an interesting little quirk a few years ago when GPS for vehicles came out in that I apparently disrupted it. It could not obtain a location at all around me. Not claiming a super power--I just have a whole lot of iron and bodily electrical disturbances that are a pain in the butt that, much to my SO's irritation, made his acquisition of a GPS unit for his vehicle absolutely freaking pointless. That was about 7 years ago and last fall, I decided to check and see if I still disrupted them. Interestingly enough, the GPS units at Target were able to cut through and were only a few blocks off. I was truly surprised at that because what ails me is very rare and yet, GPS tech had been improved on to correct that issue. That actually creeped the hell out of me as market behavior tends to not focus on something that works for everyone due to additional R&D costs outweighing the benefit. Yet, that's what happened and to me, that implied that they wanted to be able to locate everyone. Whereas from a marketing standpoint that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, from a national security viewpoint, it would. So while I still struggle and often need help washing my hands in bathrooms with automated sinks, GPS can find me now.

It's not even to say that they would be doing this against US citizens presently. It's quite clear from the WP article that its being used to target offshore terrorists but the Daily Kos post brings up some valid questions, including whether or not they even knew who was holding the phone when it was targeted. A person could, theoretically, dump it in a trashbin next to a playground with dreadful consequences, based on the info provided by the WP. That's pretty bad alone, without touching on any potential dystopian future.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A cell phone eh? For a drone to target you say? Hmmm... I guess it's become standard to do this:

Russia's security chief told President Vladimir Putin that Basayev had been killed in a special operation, while a rebel-connected website said Basayev had died in an accidental explosion. Ingush authorities said the explosion occurred mistakenly during a special police operation against rebels.

The ITAR-Tass news agency, citing an unidentified law enforcement official in southern Russia, reported that Basayev had been killed by a missile that homed in on his cellphone — the method used to kill Chechen separatist president, Dzhokhar Dudayev, in 1996.
Source

That's Shamil Basayev, the guy behind the Beslan School Massacre, so no one shed a tear over his death. Monster would define that creature pretty well. The interesting part is, rumor has it, the missile rode the phone signal right down to give him a real head change of cosmic proportion.

That was clear back in 2006. I guess they've perfected it to do more than just high risk, high stakes hits.....as that was suspected to have been a joint US/Russian effort to accomplish. Interesting to have confirmed in a casual and off hand way like this.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Given the current situation - and even most scenarios I can imagine - domestic drone strikes seem very unlikely to me... at least on any scale large enough to worry about. Property means too much and with the current ( and future, I am sure ) laws governing the seizure and resale of property belonging to certain classes of criminals? Well an entry team will leave far more things for seizure and financial transfer to black budgets than a smart missile will.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used insect-sized drones for domestic strikes. They've already been working on them for a while. Would be hard to detect, cheap, easy to swarm if necessary, quiet, and wouldn't show up on radar. Though, they're not quite at the level of the one on "The Fifth Element" or anything.

Insect Drones

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

If you haven't followed the steep, slippery sleigh-ride our liberties have been on for the last several decades, you've not been paying attention.

Do you remember when fedgov took the GPS coordinates of our front door? I don't think they will hesitate to mass kill us when they lose control of the situation.

Afghanistan is @250,000 sq miles with a population of @30 million.

The US is @3,500,000 sq miles with a population of @300+ million (with @200 million privately owned firearms).

The Soviet Military couldn’t control Afghanistan for after 10 years of trying. The modern US military hasn’t totally controlled it after 12+ years of trying. If these two super powers can’t totally control a small country and small population like Afghanistan, do you think it’s realistic that the US can be controlled by our military? Not likely!!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by juspassinthru

Afghanistan is @250,000 sq miles with a population of @30 million.

The US is @3,500,000 sq miles with a population of @300+ million (with @200 million privately owned firearms).

The Soviet Military couldn’t control Afghanistan for after 10 years of trying. The modern US military hasn’t totally controlled it after 12+ years of trying. If these two super powers can’t totally control a small country and small population like Afghanistan, do you think it’s realistic that the US can be controlled by our military? Not likely!!

VERY interesting point! Never had it put that way before. Nice.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Your driver's license and other government issued plastic cards and car tags have rf transponders in them.

Oh they can do far more than just spy on your phones.

Startpage search "Super Ear" and gps beacon.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
They collect the information, put it on paper, read it, have a meeting, then throw the paper away into a pizza box factory. It is less about you and more about the government scouring the landscape for the brightest minds it can find to pay them to sit in a NSA building, keeping them busy from out-shining the running government in any visible way.

I ain't worried about the NSA. They are like boy scouts, mostly obedient to their own causes on their own plans. It's when the data comes off the government computers through exploited backdoors and bounces down to other countries, without the government types knowing, that is more likely to bring some group around to do any sort of anti-USA people destroying. It's when the other government security groups of other government computers intercept the collection and zip that data twice around the world before it even thinks of reaching the NSA, that's the creepy part. It's the false belief that once the data is on the computer that it reaches responsible ears to help someone out in a crisis, when it's really being printed out and crumpled into a trash can instead of reaching the authorized clean authorities, that's the creepy part. The silicon curtain that is used by modern states is a challenge to people who have lived before such a time. NSA then would be a red herring in the people-who-might-hurt-me department. I'd only get very scared if they started pulling instant death penalties for the employees within the NSA instead of firing them, because that's when you know the ideology is bad.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Killing me is a waste of tax payers money. I am doing a perfectly good job at doing it myself.
Thank you for your consideration NSA.

[edi tby]edit on 25-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Your driver's license and other government issued plastic cards and car tags have rf transponders in them.

Oh they can do far more than just spy on your phones.

Startpage search "Super Ear" and gps beacon.

Wow, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You know I actually went to bed one night, terrified, I couldn't sleep all night.

It is really starting to creep me out.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join