It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Phase of Moon: Opinions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Please weigh in with your opinion of ThirdPhaseofMoon. Anybody who pays attention can surely tell that the videos on their youtube channel are cleverly fabricated CGI short films. The Cousin Brothers have a history of creating low budget sc-fi/horror films and just before they started doing hoax UFO videos they did a spoof of the 'UFO Hunters' TV show which they called bottle hunters.

Problem is this, recently I got into a back and forth with man from Mrytle Beach, South Carolina who become a minor internet celebrity when he released what he claims is genuine footage of UFOs over South Carolina. When he saw that I had called out ThirdPhaseofMoon as hoaxsters he become very angry. Why? Because ThirdphaseofMoon had featured his UFO video which he submitted to Blake Cousins on their youtube channel. I can't recall the South Carolina gentleman's name but in my opinion he has dirtied his name by associating himself with ThirdPhaseofMoon.

Having a youtube channel which receives millions of hits is very profitable. The Cousin Brothers maintain that their videos are genuine or at least that they don't have an opinion on the videos that are submitted to them, that they simply rebroadcast these videos. This is disingenuous because I know for a fact that many of their videos were fabricated by the Cousin Brothers themselves. I'd say a majority. They have also branched out into interviewing UFO community celebrities such as Rich Dolan, Stanton Friedman, Kerry Cassidy, etc.

So? What can be done about a UFO channel that claims real UFO videos but who are clearly lying to generate hits? Thirdphase of Moon is very prolific and it doesn't appear as if they are going to stop producing videos. They have also gained a foothold in what passes for mainstream UFOlogy. Also, if you support ThirdPhaseofMoon and think they are legit, please post in this thread and defend these hoaxsters, if you can.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

So? What can be done about a UFO channel that claims real UFO videos but who are clearly lying to generate hits?

We have to stress their system in order to cause them to change. If we were able to stress it hard enough we would be able to break their system and then analyze the result. Chances are we would actually learn something useful from that.

So, the answer is to starve them out. Don't even click on their stuff for entertainment value.

Ignore them and watch what happens.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Furthermore, the guys who they interview need to acknowledge the bogus factor here and STOP participating.
I mean, it is clear as day. What service do the interviews serve other than to line someone's pockets?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I am a believer in UFOs, and I have seen some of the videos by thirdphaseofmoon and their all interesting videos, I personally believe most of their videos to be fake, I think that you tube is the best medium for sharing videos that people record, but I think websites like these take credibility away from real believers and real witnesses. It's my personal belief that disclosure is going to be the event that changes humanity for the better in so many ways, but I also think that hoaxes like them shouldn't do that if their genuine in their beliefs about UFOS.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Please weigh in with your opinion of ThirdPhaseofMoon.

They are hoaxers ,they make and distribute hoaxes , there are many like them but only they have Blake Cousins

My opinion of them .... Indifference , they are a creation of today's UFO culture .

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You may as well go after Jamie Maussan, Steven Greer, and all the other folks that make a living off of the UFO circus sideshow.
The UFO circus sideshow is a money maker full to over flowing with a demographic ready and willing to believe anything and everything thrown at them.
The Sun, National Enquirer and other sensationalist rags play the same game in exploiting the UFO phenomenon, as well as making up stories about celebrities, Bat Boy, Jesus sighted with a prostitute in Miami, and/or anything else they think will grab readers attentions and sell paper.

People in general will tell you they hate lies, but, what's closer to the truth is that people hate the truth more than they hate lies. Given the Pepsi Challenge between a preference for fantasy over reality, you'll get a preference for fantasy most of the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread covers the topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

TFOM is just another channel be it internet or broadcast TV, Watchers beware. Same goes for History channel, SCIFI and sadly Nat Geo. Only the budgets differ, and they all 'borrow' from amateur video and whatever they can dig up for their particular purpose. The documentaries coming out of the above MSM are all formatted, first 10 minutes is sex up the video and any anecdotal evidence, last 10 minutes is to knock it all down again with pie in the eye explanations, without not much real critique, and in between are the fecking adverts, which go on forever [sic], (my only slight misnomer)
TFOM's presentation is more simple, everything is presented as the real McCoy without any real critique, so it's mostly about presentation by wannabees, however at least you need not suffer the plastic/elastic experts that MSM channels trot out.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think if a person ever does get decent footage of a genuine UFO, there's a better than fair chance it will appear on ThirdPhase (or one of the other UFO video mills) and be debunked by association. I'm sure there are certain people who appreciate this arrangement.

Are you familiar with the origin of the National Enquirer?

edit on 20-7-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't like that organization, but I will say this, they buy up or seem to take over many people's ufo vidoes. So betty down the road with an orb ufo that is oscillating in the trees and even possibly blinking out on command, and answering her questions or statements, putting on show, poor quality but interesting nonetheless, is thrown in with things that are obvious hoax's. Thats a good way to suppress the real videos. I haven't found out if the people give real rights to them yet.

My advice, if you capture something don't ever give the video over to anyone else or give away any rights to it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Third Phase of Moon sucks bad.
They were annoying ever since i first saw their programs.

Sadly, because they made themselves well known,
i noticed that people will send their genuine footage to them.

They don't know what to do with the footage, who to report or send it to,
and their choice is what is most obvious and widespread,
Third Phase of Moon plague.

So now, unfortunately, i can't just avoid that channel immediately, as i used to.
I have to check first, did someone contacted them.

That is so not right, people are so naive to give them attention,
and even send stuff to them, thus helping this obnoxious hoax program to
become more popular instead of dying off.

It's almost a sin, when someone sends to them, what they have recorded.

The whole world is upside down, so it's business as usual.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't like that organization, but I will say this, they buy up or seem to take over many people's ufo vidoes.
reply to post by Unity_99

I just posted mine, then saw your post right above.
We share the same view on the subject, spot on.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I am the man from South Carolina, and i am sorry that anyone associated with thirdphase has problems. Many internet sites contact me and ask to use my footage, because it is all available for review. I am saddened to learn that my vide3os are the same as every other one on the site. My work continues and i am grateful thirdphase took interest when mufon and nuforc did not return my calls after sending countless reports,vids and pics. Have a great day one and all and lets give peace and understanding a chance

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Gene and Chris had the opportunity to interview Blake Cousins a couple months ago (once he showed up)
What a cluster f***...
www.theparacast.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.theparacast.com... /

TFOM is just following in the steps of Allison Kruse (seeingUFOsPA) and SheilaAliens
In fact, how about a battle of the hucksters...

edit on 21-7-2013 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2013 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

(post by Evillain removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Evillain

Pot...meet kettle.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(post by Evillain removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Evillain

No. Yours is an elementary fake.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Based on what I've seen...

Over 50% fakes..

40% questionable

10% may be something, but in this day in age of CGI, Photoshop, etc. it's hard to say.

I've heard those guys make such outlandish claims though, it's hard to even take them seriously. They're not interested in real UFO research. Just getting hits.

I wouldn't even call them researchers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join