It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Firstborns and The Prince of Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So first I'm not a religious man I just want to study religion so I can make the right choices in my life. A lot of things are very blurry to me because I lack a lot of information but I am getting a picture. However I have this question which is very important to me and my future studies.

Even though I am an adult and I read books I also use movies, doesn't matter to me if they are cartoons as long as they are intented for adults as well. Now in the movie the Prince of Egypt when the 10th plague is about to happen, the angel of death tells how all the newborns are going to die. But it occured to me how this could have been misinterpreted. Whoever said it might also have referred to the elder, who were the firstborn in society at that time. This has a lot of implications for what happened back then and I need to know what the counter argument was, why it was so certain whoever said it referred to the babies who were firstborn to the people but might not be the firstborn to whoever heard that.

If anyone could explain that to me I would be most thankful. Becuase it would make more sense to me it was meant for the elders at the time, that the elder decided what was truth and obviously something was wrong so they had to change (which is what I believe 'death' meant; to change them significantly so they were like different people) but they refused and somehow in the translation this was heard different or interpreted different. Which I understand is way out of my league to even propose especially since I am not a Jew but I feel I must consider this in my overall judgement of what is right, which religion is closest so I may convert some day. Of which only I can decide that and it will probably take years. Thanks for reading.
edit on 20/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Pharaoh decided to slay the first born of Israel to cull there numbers and it was for this reason that the curse fell upon the Egyptians, as you measure so shall it be measured unto you, they would not have bothered with the old men so neither did the angel of death whom reflected there will back upon them.
It seems horrible to us but the other way of looking at is was an angel gathered them so they were taken back to god and spared the idolatry that would likely have doomed them.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It was retribution by God for the murder of all the firstborn Hebrew children.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

There was more than one reason for that. The Lord was mocking the Egyptian god Osiris. Each plague was tailored to mock one of their gods. It was his way of showing his supremacy. When the angel of death claimed the first born of the Egyptians, they tried to invoke Osiris to resurrect their dead only to have it fail, and then they knew who the real God was for once in their lives. The Ipuwer Papyrus mentions the plagues.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far. I have a lot of reading to do before I can give an intelligent follow up.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

There was more than one reason for that. The Lord was mocking the Egyptian god Osiris. Each plague was tailored to mock one of their gods. It was his way of showing his supremacy. When the angel of death claimed the first born of the Egyptians, they tried to invoke Osiris to resurrect their dead only to have it fail, and then they knew who the real God was for once in their lives. The Ipuwer Papyrus mentions the plagues.

Well, yes there definitely was that theme present in the plagues. But specifically the firstborn sons were killed as retribution for the killing of the firstborn sons of the Hebrew people.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

If I may...
All sons from the age of 15 to 50 are instructed to bare arms for their house.
In a municipality such as Egypt... the saying is true.
They are, at fifteen, born again. After that... they are called "The First Born".
Reason why is because of the city itself. City!
The mother of sons. Thus each man from 15 to 50 bares arms.
On a more kinder note... you can discern the term garrison.
That is the first born. The firstborn of Egypt.
They were the light of Egypt. In their custody... the light (Egypt) would not dim or shade.
So... long story short... the Israelites slew an entire Egyptian garrison before pharoah.
The plague known as "Darkness" is to be seen aspharoah witnessing the garrison/army of Israel in absolute control of the city. Whilst his own garrison is in deep oppression.
In a word: "POWERLESS!"
This is what is meant when they say darkness fell upon Egypt.
That in turn lead to the locusts. At 3to14 you are riddled with children's tales.
At 15 you are born in unto adult theme hysterics.
The locusts are rapist and looters of an advanced order of warriors.
not your raggedy mob.
Hence... the light of the sun/son worshippers went out in Egypt.
Ram headed God known as RA the sun God is simply put as the light of the flock or house.
The tenth plague was/is the annihilation of the entire garrison of Egypt.
this is the firstborn. TY if you now see...

BTW: They had fun killing children to preserve their house... now anyone including the coward can run amok in their house. LOL.
The army was stationed at an outpost. It was dispatched but not soon enough.
that is who fell at the red sea. But that is another story.

P. S. The entire book of Exodus is a military tactician strategist campaign book.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
PHRAOH WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTRLY HUMILIATED...
They're not idolaters... they are symbologists.
Make no mistake.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ironically... the Israelites took with them as hostage the mother of sons... lol
she was the sorceress.

top topics

join