It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This question goes out to all Australians WW3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was thinking preparing an SHTF bag (Bug out bag) and i thought hit me

Where would i go?

We are located on the largest island in the world. Where most of our active cities are located on the East coast. now lets say One gets bombed so lets say Melb, Syd, Canb. Bris. this would send a chaos to all the others (get out of town chaos). i know we are a 4x4 country and we have alot of open land but the end of the day east will head west and west would come east (Max a week or so drive from one end to the other). we could sail but where NZ? (not a bad idea i dont think they would be nuked) i know we have a US base in Alice Springs (do we go there) do we head for the forest? (where snakes eat us)

i also want to know what your thoughts are on how our government would react in ww3 situation

so my question is where do you go?
what do you pack for Australian climate
and how would you fit your 4x4 out

See Click here to see what damage a bomb will do in your area

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm in Tasmania.

...nobody's going to bother bombing us, we don't have anything worth taking out.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wan7ed

It is not that difficult. If you are in Sydney you need to go West until you are on the other side of the Blue Mountains. You should be safe.

Same for Brisbane. From Melbourne you need to go North or North West. Canberra is just toast. If you live there just die quietly.

The biggest threat Australia would face in a worldwide SHTF is the number of Asians and Indians who would sail for Australia once food becomes scarce. Think tens of thousands of boats per day. The only sensible thing to do is to direct them to one area (where they all starve or die of thirst) or sink the boats far out to sea.

Otherwise we would double and then triple our population and simply we can not feed the world.

P

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

lol we're not racist at all are we

i agree with that being a threat but we all convicts one way or the other

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE

FACE PALM

Just how would you survive without your Bottle'o or Coles...................

The mind just boggles.
edit on 19-7-2013 by CaptainBeno because: face palm again.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wan7ed

It is not racist!

Just to be sure I will rephrase it to comply with the strictures of pathetic political correctness. Just for you!

All of the humans living in South East Asia and India will run out of food very quickly and if they can get on a boat they will. The human drive to survive is very strong and the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

You can take you racist accusations and stick them somewhere.
Jeez.

P

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I'm in Tasmania.

...nobody's going to bother bombing us, we don't have anything worth taking out.

Your safe! The rest of the world does not even know where you are. Most do not even know you exist. Good hiding place!

P

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
And now this:

20,000 US troops descend on Australia for military exercise

www.presstv.ir...

Talisman Saber 2013 -- joint US and Australian military and humanitarian exercise -- kicked off this week as approximately 20,000 US troops descended on Australia’s east coast. The focus of this year’s exercise has shifted to amphibious operations as the training moved from the Northern Territory to Australia’s east coast and the Coral Sea.

It also marks the first time the MV-22 Osprey hybrid aircraft will touch down on Australian soil. Federal agencies such as the FBI will also have an expanded role as they train with their Australian counterparts. The fifth iteration of the bi-annual, bi-lateral, exercise is also the biggest to date.

“This year, the US has come in strength,” exercise spokesman Australian Brigadier Bob Brown said Wednesday.

Nasty huh?

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Why nasty?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Your all welcome to visit P.E.I!! ( Prince Edward Island ) east coast of Atlantic Canada!
bring some kangaroos , i got the Dunk-a-roo's , They do like those right?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by wan7ed

It is not that difficult. If you are in Sydney you need to go West until you are on the other side of the Blue Mountains. You should be safe.

Same for Brisbane. From Melbourne you need to go North or North West. Canberra is just toast. If you live there just die quietly.

The biggest threat Australia would face in a worldwide SHTF is the number of Asians and Indians who would sail for Australia once food becomes scarce. Think tens of thousands of boats per day. The only sensible thing to do is to direct them to one area (where they all starve or die of thirst) or sink the boats far out to sea.

Otherwise we would double and then triple our population and simply we can not feed the world.

P

Spot On! I beleive you'd see the Aussie public head north to ensure the wave of "illegal immigrants" do not reach our shores.

Open Season!

Originally posted by wan7ed

Nothing to do with being racist.....its survival.....if you bring racism into it, then your the first one gone/overwhelmed.

Remember this people....Australia already had a plan before WW2 (every new it was coming after WW1 and started making preparations).

After WW1 huge underground bunkers started getting built. Each capital city had atleast one full of ammunitions and supplies.

Australia had a plan, (forgot what its called), to fall back to a line that crossed the country where Brisbane is.

Falling back and regrouping to launch a counter attack.

Backup plan was to fall back to Sydney and the last stand was to be Melbourne.

Thinking was they could aford to loose the top half in an invasion and hold it until allies manage to send troops to assist.

It is why there are still massive closed off bunkers under Melbourne city, with tunnels reaching out to the outer suburbs and rumoured one connecting Melbourne to another bunker under Avalon airfield.

Now add a further 70 years of preparation......then the remoteness and harshness of our country for any impending invader..........

I beleive we'll have Camps across the northern border for the illegals (if they manage to land), more so than any serious invader.....evn China would suffer with force projection this far.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Perth would be cactus.
We'd be a breeze to take, simple to hold and bloody difficult to take back.
We have the mining resources, the sea port and the isolated barrier that enables any invader/occupier would do well.
Our only advantage is the fact we're the most isolated city on the planet so we'd see them coming a mile away.

Also, if we were invaded I wouldn't want to run to some imaginary line, I'd want to stand and fight

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm in Brisbane, so I'd pack up and get back up the range to Toowoomba. Or just die as I have no desire to get stuck in the bush with all the spiders, snakes, bugs, ants, bogans, etc etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Have my Bug out CamperVan already loaded and hooked up to my 4 by 4, she sits in the shed and ready to go, Funny to me because i actually don`t believe the SHTF will happen, at least not any time soon, have a 222 with plenty of ammo ready to go, just bought a 40 acre block, but thats so I can be self sufficient and to help reduce my carbon footprint. I know of at least 6 High Ground areas to go to that has plenty of fresh water ( I have a water purifier) and is reasonably Isolated so not to many bogan wankers to worry about, I have selected my fall back areas for a few reasons,

Tsunami`s, Need high ground
Conflict, High ground for defensive advantage
Off Grid Living, Plenty of trees for shelter, fire etc and high in edible wildlife, goats, roos, emu, snakes, yabbies.
Isolation, Not many people know of these spots, behind the mountains away from the coast but close enough so I can treck back to the coast if needed, (don`t want a bush fire to take me out)
Soil, High in Clay, should be able to make bush clay products, water vessels, bricks, pots etc

Living in South Oz is a bit harder but probably not as bad as WA, lots of Hot Dry Summers and not a hell of a lot of rain in winter, just freezing nights. our hardier pioneers tried doing it in the far north but failed a lot.

I guess just research your area to a 400km radius and every time you go on the road pay attention to what is around you and take mental notes.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
We'd be a breeze to take, simple to hold and bloody difficult to take back.

A breeze to take....really?

Name me who has the force projection ability in this day and age to not only send their forces to Australia, but also to maintain and keep secure the supply lines for their forces? Even the yanks would struggle.

Just look at Afghanistan.....yes, the terrain is hostile and mountainous, but Australias outback is just as harsh.

If it was so easy why couldnt the Japs do it back in WW2....they struggled to keep the supply lines maintained upto and including Indonesia.

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Also, if we were invaded I wouldn't want to run to some imaginary line, I'd want to stand and fight

I agree with you....but sometimes you need to choose your battles to win the war. A small retreat that allows you to regroup and attack more successfully is good move.

Why would anyone want to attack Australia anyway? other than Pine Gap, we really arent that much of a threat to anyone.

Plus we have "Drop Bears".......any invader needs to be careful of them critters.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The only reason Australia would ever be attacked imo would be if it went Rogue internally and lashed out externally requiring a response from the entities with which it engaged.
In which case only specific targets would be neutralized etc, no giant land invasion.

Maybe in 200 years when China and India begin to start losing control internally themselves...
but that's so far in the future it's just a Tom Clancy game in waiting.

If there's one thing you will need, it's a towel, this much I know.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

By we i mean Perth, purely because we have a very limited ability to hold anyone off.
We're so far from help, by the time anyone arrived from over east the battle would be over.
Why would they need supply lines? we have everything you'd need in and around WA, including minerals and factories to build your weapons of war.

I don't think Australia would last long.. those that did would fight viciously and we'd ultimately utilize the land in the center but even then we wouldn't last long in the outback.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Invading Australia any time is like Napoleon or Hitler trying to invade Russia in the winter.

Australia has a "scorched earth" policy and has had since the Russian invasion scares of the Crimean War era. It would be a nightmare of destroyed and poisoned resources, demolished road, rail and air infrastructure, constant harrassment and overstretched supply lines.

If they so chose to, I have no doubt that a large, reasonably modern and well equipped military force such as the Chinese PLA could take us and occupy our major cities and resource areas, but they'd pay for every inch and at the end of the day, they couldn't keep us.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
During WW2 areas like the Harold E. Holt station, Pine gap, and Bletchley Park in the UK were not invasion targets. There were reports of German spies in Australia, but not much in the history books about that.
The recent global economic slowdown has *some* wondering about a WW3 SHTF scenario.
Sometimes a slowdown is just a slowdown, like waiting at the bus stop with Forrest Gump.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Reading some off the answers Perth is our weak point cause it creates the entry point in to Australia with its sea ports and factories and natural resources. But it also stops there for a short period of time as nothing is close or near by.
So say you heard today that China Russian Pakistan Cuba and Middle East joined forces and of they go for invation
I'd say if no nukes hit us we have less then 6 months before we see one of them reach our shores
Sydney / Canberra main targets. Not cause they useful but we see them as our capitals.
An I really do see our government buckling under the presuare

Now

If you have a family and friends where do you fall back too?

new topics

top topics

join