It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This be the Next Stage In Drones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

For all those that are hoping that the project might end up under the Christmas Tree or at least on Kickstarter, Oung has disappointing news. “Honestly, I don’t see a mainstream commercial opportunity here.” he says. Still there is the chance that the Distributed Flight Array could take flight as an open source project.

www.wired.com...

"Autonomous Robots Self-Assemble and Take Flight as One"

This is just plain cool !

I know deep down this will become very "useful" with respect to future survalence "needs" but it would be nice to see it put to better purposes first.

Any ideas ?

edit on 19-7-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

I'm not sure I've heard of those, but they sound pretty interesting. I was reading about these little self assembling robots I think Intel was working with, among others. About an inch cubed, using electric currents they can self assemble into shapes and such. It's the beginning of nanobots really, once they figure out how to get them small enough.

Even some of the swarms of those quadrotors, i think it was MIT working with them, are pretty amazing, basically AI but not entirely, but they work by themselves, without human interaction, and team up to complete tasks, all by themselves.

The future will be awesome til skynet wakes up

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

When I think of these in a "nano size", I can't help but remember all the trouble SG-1 had with the "Replicators".
Scarry! Right?

new topics

join