It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla claimed Alien contact

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"For a while I gave myself up entirely to the intense enjoyment of picturing machines and devising new forms. It was a mental state of happiness about as complete as I have ever known in my life. Ideas came in an uninterrupted stream, and the only difficulty I had was able to hold them fast" Nikola Tesla, My Inventions, 37.

Okay so I have no idea if this thread is active or not. It is however the second thing you see when you type Tesla alien into google and upon stumbling upon your discussion I find myself shaking my head, a lot.

The problem I have with most of your arguments is that none of you have actually read about Tesla! All these arguments are based around scraps of information and one of the only true ones, the fact that Tesla could envision his blueprints in his mind and accurately build them, has been ridiculed. This can't stand.

I am going to quote Nikola Tesla's auto biography, for you who aren't into books that means he wrote it, so we can ALL become more AWARE on how Tesla thought. Because honestly it is so interesting.

All of these are from the man himself, in his own writing.

Ever since Tesla was a CHILD he claimed he could put himself deep into his mind into an almost reality. He claimed himself and his BROTHER had these abilities however his brother died due to a horse kick in the head... Please let the man speak for himself!

"I suffered from a peculiar affliction due to the appearance of images, often accompanied by strong flashes of light, which marred the sight of real objects and interfered with my thought and action. They were pictures of things and scenes which I had really seen, never of those I imagined. When a word was spoken to me, the image of the object it designated would present itself vividly to my vision, and sometimes I was quite unable to distinguish whether what I saw was real or not. " My Inventions, 10-11.

So essentially since CHILDHOOD he claimed to be able to picture things in his head to an abnormal scale. Here in an example of this given shortly after the above quote.

"To give an idea of my distress, suppose that I had witnessed a funeral or some such nerve-racking spectacle. Then, inevitably, in the stillness of night, a vivid picture of the scene would thrust itself before my eyes and persist, despite all my efforts to banish it. Sometimes it would even remain fixed in space though I pushed my hand through it... To free myself of these tormenting appearances, I tried to concentrate my mind on something else I had seen, and in this way I would often obtain temporary relief; but in order to achieve it, I had to conjure continuously new images. It was not long before I found that I exhausted all of those at my command; my 'reel' had run out, as it were, because I had seen so little of the world- only objects in my home and the immediate surroundings." My inventions, 11.

Tesla would actually explore his mind, almost walk around it it seems to me. But if the question could he picture things in his head very, very vividly? The answer is yes. Want more proof? Okay.

Tesla claimed he took the ability to vividly see real things into vividly seeing things of his imagination on the same scale of 'realness"

"I tried to concentrate my attention upon them," the things of his imagination in his head, "but by and by I succeeded in fixing them; they gained in strength and distinctness and finally assumed the concreteness of real things. I soon discovered that my best comfort was attained if I simply went on in my vision farther and farther

AWESOME.

Want more? Okay

"For nearly a year my regular hours were from 10:30 AM until five o' clock the next morning, without a day's exception. Edison said to me: "I have had many hard-working assistants, but you take the cake."

"I was about twelve years old when I first succeeded in banishing an image from my vision by willful effort, but I never had any control over the flashes of light to which I have referred. They were perhaps, my strangest experience, and were inexplicable. "

Tesla's mind was one that we all should look into! I sometimes believe he was an Alien but the question of whether he could picture things in his mind to a real degree is without question! I can't find the quote but he pretty much said that blueprints were just a formality to him.

edit on 17-9-2013 by KnowThenSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Tesla claimed to believe in god and also was defiantly not a capitalist as he let others take credit/money for his ideas such as Tell and the telegram. He is quoted as saying, let Tell have it because he is a nice guy. In fact Tesla died poor conducting his experiments in a NYC apartment as well as his old labs in Colorado and Canada.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Tesla may not have been completely successful as a capitalist but was not against profit. But like
many great men found the profit of human advancement to be more important than dollars and sense.
Some of your greatest scientists from Galileo to Swedenborg to Tesla to Einstein had to buck
the 'establishment 'of the day and often had to pay a price for their convictions - if not for these
great men of science we might still believe the sun revolves around the Earth and progress would have
been very slow, if at all. We face these same problems today - we live in a world that could be powered
by natural means such as solar and wind but because the profit machines of big business don't see
enough profit in it we have to waste most of the world's resources sucking oil out of the ground to
benefit the big business profiteers. The future depends on those powerful minds that see
advancement depends on more that just dollars and cents.

Did Tesla really contact aliens who inspired him to give us a scientific future? Ask any alien you
might contact, they will tell you man tends to be a regressive species who repeats his mistakes
over and over again throughout his history and blocks his potential destiny to inherit the stars
and become 'one of us'.
edit on 18-9-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Tesla was testing out his radio and likely caught a test by Marconi of his radio for the British navy (the incident occurred precisely during said Royal Navy test of Marconi's radio). If not that, it was likely just some natural phenomena. It was only a couple of pulses in any case, and he never repeated the experiment very rigorously. This incident is covered well in his biography:
"Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla"

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Anyone noting rhythmic pulses from quasars or pulsars or other repeating energy output sources from space, especially different ones with their own rhythms in conjunction with others, might easily imagine the patterns as being messages in a form of coded intelligent design. Tesla was without doubt one of the greatest geniuses of this or any time yet also.... kooky in his own way. Not to say he was wrong, just not a social adept to say the least.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
so Telsa had a lot going on upstairs and he believed that what he was envisioning was more than just random streaming of information....interesting to say the least !!...gets me to wondering how anyone can possible claim to know otherwise...skepticism is certainly nescasarry but to write off his own beliefs based on ones own knowledge seems a little backward.....damn it would have been great to sit down with the man himself and get an insight into the abyss.....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Tesla had a term for this, he called it cosmic sadness.

"Our bodies are of similar construction and exposed to the same external influences. This results in a likeness of response and a concordance of the general activities on which all our social and other rules and law are based. We are automata, entirely controlled by the forces of the medium, being tossed about like corks on the surface of the water, but mistaking the effects of the impulses from the outside for free will.
The movements and other actions we perform seek to preserve life, and though seemingly quite independent from one another we are nevertheless connected by invisible links. So long as the organism is in good order it responds accurately to the agents that prompt it, but the moment that there is some derangement in any individual, his or her self-preservative power is impaired.
Everybody understands, of course, that if people become deaf, have their eyesight weakened, or their limbs injured, their chances of continued existence are lessened. But this is also true, and perhaps more so, of certain defects in the brain which deprive the automaton, more or less, of the vital qualities, and cause it to rush into destruction. Sensitive and observant people, with their highly developed mechanisms all intact, and acting with precision in obedience to the changing conditions of their environment, are endowed with a transcending mechanical sense, enabling them to evade perils too subtle to be directly perceived. When they come into contact with others who controlling organs are radically faulty, that sense asserts itself, and they feel the 'cosmic' pain." Nikola Tesla, My Inventions.

edit on 18-9-2013 by KnowThenSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Scientist believing they are receiving 'messages or contact' from aliens is nothing new and Tesla was not the first scientist to speak of it. The famous Emanuel Swedenborg wrote extensively on contact with 'other worlds' and yet was also famous for science and invention. Of course he dates back to the 1700s. In more modern times I was reading this book a few years ago titled "The Stargate Conspiracy" by Lynn Pickett, el al. This book from the later part of the 20th Century did mention scientists who believed they were in contact with aliens on a psychic level. I sometimes believe a good part of human advancement is coming from 'alien' sources and if humans were left to only their own resources progress would not occur.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I believe Tesla was from Venus but was raised on Earth. Tesla didn't discuss his feelings on aliens because he knew he would be ridiculed. However, he talks about how smart his mother is a lot. How she would create inventions to help with housework that were above and beyond and how he credits her and her mind for his mind. They both seem like extraordinary earth-humans but maybe they were humans from Venus.

I believe their are a lot of Aliens that look exactly like us. However, please read what I have quoted to finally end the argument of how extraordinary Tesla's mind way. He really could manifest visions in front of him and just explore those visions.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Telsa has an astounding mind. Just about every modern technological development you see to day had its roots in teslas discoveries. The people who laugh off some of his ideas, and I see none of them achieving anything of significance.

You are so correct, he is the father of our technology. Many stole his work or broke him in the name of profit. Tesla wanted to give the world free energy. He tested many things including teleportation, the old timers, I talked to a few of them, in the Springs area and they said he had tested his free energy system there and it worked. They told of all kinds of weird experiments lol.

Tesla free energy idea actually had been theorized to be done by the Egyptian. The great pyramid was an energy device and the obelisk helped distribute it. Tesla died a pauper in a donated apartment, after his death his work was stolen, reportedly by government agents. They took boxes and boxes of his work and it has never been seen again, well not until you saw the first military laser lol. He is the father of many technology you see today that others took credit for.

As far as talking to aliens, you would be surprised at how many genius and talented people say they too were in contact with something or someone. Even the Mormon religion was based on alien contact. Little known fact and one that is scary to think about. Lol.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Telsa has an astounding mind. Just about every modern technological development you see to day had its roots in teslas discoveries.

No they don't.
If you think they do then what technological developments are you referring to?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Completely understandable to think intelligent life was sending the signals, that doesn't make it true.

he thought what he thought because you can not get blueprints for the AC induction motor listening in to random cosmic radiation.

What part of the motor being invented 17 years BEFORE he hears 'alien signals" are you not understanding? You do realize not only are you discrediting everything Tesla did, which is disgusting, you are making yourself sound like a complete buffoon talking about signals causing visions 17 years before the signals were even found.
edit on 19-7-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

News must have traveled really slow across the pond in those days. The electric motor was invented in 1821 by Michael Faraday in England.

www.sparkmuseum.com...

Most of what Tesla did was just a continuation of what Faraday had begun.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

alldaylong

AthlonSavage
Telsa has an astounding mind. Just about every modern technological development you see to day had its roots in teslas discoveries.

No they don't.

Why do people make foolish remarks like this without doing one simple search.

He is considered the father of all tech because he invented alternating current, you would not have all the neat electronic devices in your house without it.

Here are a few more,

www.activistpost.com...

Next time think or search before you insert foot in mouth.

This list is also incomplete because most all his work was stolen upon his death. Ironically, or not, we now have military lasers, which he planned and was some of the work that was stolen. We can only speculate how much more they got, one thing is for sure, we could all be using free energy.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

dlbott

alldaylong

AthlonSavage

No they don't.

Why do people make foolish remarks like this without doing one simple search.

He is considered the father of all tech because he invented alternating current, you would not have all the neat electronic devices in your house without it.

Here are a few more,

www.activistpost.com...

Next time think or search before you insert foot in mouth.

This list is also incomplete because most all his work was stolen upon his death. Ironically, or not, we now have military lasers, which he planned and was some of the work that was stolen. We can only speculate how much more they got, one thing is for sure, we could all be using free energy.

The Bot

You fool.
Tesla DID NOT INVENT AC Current.

en.wikipedia.org...

If they taught you that in School then God Help your education system.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

don't ask me that question as you quite capable of Go research Telsa yourself theres plenty of literature on the net about him
edit on 19-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Yes. He was listening to Cosmic Radio Waves. We know exactly what causes them, and it's not ET.

It's not ET's that create smoke, yet, the American Indians used it to send messages from afar.

What if aliens rode on modified cosmic radio waves to send messages?
Morse code is another close example.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by alldaylong

don't ask me that question as you quite capable of Go research Telsa yourself theres plenty of literature on the net about him
edit on 19-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

If you truly believe that about Tesla then you must also believe in Fairies.
Albert Einstein had 3 photographs on the wall of his study. They were of Englishmen Michael Faraday and Issac Newton, and Scotsman James Clerk Maxwell. Einstein regarded those 3 as the greatest contributors to science and technology. No mention of Tesla whatever.
If that was good enough for Einstein then that is certainly good enough for me

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

"The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was sometime afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control"

The key word is "MIGHT". Tesla never said that it was definitely due to alien or intelligent origin. You can't fault him for at least having an open mind an considering the possibility.

edit on 9/20/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sparky63

"The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was sometime afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control"

The key word is "MIGHT". Tesla never said that it was definitely due to alien or intelligent origin. You can't fault him for at least having an open mind an considering the possibility.

edit on 9/20/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

Yes, doesn't every great scientist have to have an open mind? There is a big universe out there, many of today's scientists believe not only in the possibility of other than human intelligent life, but even in it being probable. Why alien debunkers want to use every contrivance in the world to deny contact with alien intelligence is alien to me; Rather we should be looking at any and all strange and/or inexplicable phenomena for signs of alien contact - alien contact may occur in ways other than the mundane concept of aliens landing on the White House lawn and saying "take us to your leader." Let's show some creative intelligence - the beings we might be trying to contact may have an intelligence so vast, and so superior to human that it would stagger the human mind if outright contact were to occur.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Arnie123

We are all ignorant, in some ways. The difference is you choose ignorance. I have no idea what his birthdate is. I am indeed ignorant. Again, the difference is that once I discover the truth I will not reject it in favor of remaining ignorant.

In choosing ignorance, you belittle Tesla and his accomplishments, ironically enough, in the same way as his contemporaries did. Tesla heard messages from the stars, and they had patterns, and they were beautiful, and for him to imagine messages from intelligent life when the signals had discernable patterns really is easy to understand. The more the signals were studied, the more scientists understood them until their true source was revealed. No less incredible, simply not ET. Remember ignorance is a choice. [/quote

Very well put sir

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join