It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian curved rock?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I still think the Martian surface is a desolate place , with only maybe scarce microbial life . Every-time I see the Martian dry surface I can hardly believe anything could live there, but I do think once mars had a atmosphere like ours and that civilizations thrived there billions of years ago .

Maybe even the ancients were descendants of the Martian planet , and that we are the offspring of all what is now....

So I think the archeology about Mars is still very intriguing. So thats why I wanna point out this rock and yes it is a rock but could it be a hand carved Martian rock because of its rounding I see in it?

Mars
I'm not an expert on this , but my mind only reacts when I see unnatural formed objects on the surface.
I know many of you don't believe anything coming from that direction and also many do. So would love to discus this with both parties with more concrete explanations.

So what do you think...just Rock ....or?

edit on 14-7-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Well, I have been unable to zoom the pic as I am on my phone, but it does appear to me that you have found a rock that looks curved, thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Are you saying you've never seen a rounded rock on our home planet? I suggest you take more walks, kind sir. Rocks most definitely come in all different shapes and sizes, including ones that might make you say "Wow, that's pretty weird".

Simple "Weird Rocks" Google Image Search - Check some of those out! Ancient civilizations didn't make them. Nature did.

When you're sifting through rocks on a planet that really has nothing more than ... well, rocks.. you're bound to find a funky one every now and then.

Cheers,
Nos

edit on 14-7-2013 by Nostalgic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I'm not an expert on this

That is correct.

, but my mind only reacts when I see unnatural formed objects on the surface.

It is a naturally formed object.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I see what you see, Observer1.

And what appear to be some sort of broken device.
S&F.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostalgic

I know that there are many natural worn forms . And I used this title rock because I can't really proof that it's something else, because I think it also looks metal. because in my opinion it shadow and what I think it looks like a punctured hole on the left side , makes me think that it's some kind of debris from something..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thank you Arken that's exactly what I thought it could be...

And you did a great job to point the exact form in color ,that I also think I saw in this object!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Arken

Thank you Arken that's exactly what I thought it could be...

And you did a great job to point the exact form in color ,that I also think I saw in this object!

Thanks.
It's a pleasure for me contribute to your thread.

Believe me, there is more than "rocks" up there...
"Something" Beyond our weird fantasy.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You wanted to say 'Somebody's still hunting', right?!

@observer1: It's these details that might make the difference one day, but I doubt NASA is going to point its MAHLI instrument at any of those - at least not officially - because they might just possibly find that it's not just igneous rocks, basalt erosion or what have you.

Keep lookin' and thanks for posting this ...

edit on 14-7-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That I think it's too hard to really project because of its blurriness .But what I also see on your colored version image , on the left diagonal and right are two maybe pieces of that same device?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Arken

That I think it's too hard to really project because of its blurriness .But what I also see on your colored version image , on the left diagonal and right are two maybe pieces of that same device?

Maybe, but who know...
Only "Michael Malin" Knows!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well let's hope that they still give us pieces of the puzzle to analyze and not stamp everything away!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r
reply to post by Arken

You wanted to say 'Somebody's still hunting', right?!

Keep lookin' and thanks for posting this ...

edit on 14-7-2013 by jeep3r because: text

Exactly...

And somebody watch from its own cave...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Arken

Well let's hope that they still give us pieces of the puzzle to analyze and not stamp everything away!

I hope, but Unfortunately i don't think so. They already know the secrets of Mars from very, very long time, and still nothing for us...

Remember this "Observer1": You have the same username of the most incredible space probe Mistery of Mars... Mars Observer

But this for another thread

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hey, not too many fun pics from Mars ... !

... otherwise the MODS will tune in and you'll be trapped in a page-long discussion about why those HiRISE/MRO images don't show what you suggest they show ...

On the other hand: what would Mars exploration be without some humor every now and then?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
And what appear to be some sort of broken device.

The "broken device" is called a rock. There are a lot of them on Mars.

Some people like to post pictures of rocks on Mars here.

I really think we need a thread where people can post their pictures of rocks on Mars.
edit on 14-7-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That's right ... But I choose this name because we are conscious beings constantly observing the universe and the planetary we are in that is moving around us . And that the source of all that is, is in and around all of us....

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
and to break the monotony heres some Venusian rocks

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You really need to see that rock in two or more perspectives. I could say it looks like someones fender from a model T fell off, because it looks like that, but it could be one rock behind the other, or several rocks for that matter. But just going for say, one rock, I have seen a few examples of the Mars rocks that are similar, that included one that looked like half a shell, only a crust, while the rest of the rock was beside it. It had just fell off by the look of it, just like the top of an egg. A lot of those Mars rocks appear to me to be very brittle and waterless, some may not be rocks at all, just sand and dust aggregated by tiny amounts of moisture, then the wind blows holes in them, and you get all those eroded exotic shapes. You can see too that the rover often crushes the smaller 'stones' to dust as the wheels pass over.
edit on 14-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I know what you mean , That's why I appreciate your constructive comment on this . I do think that you could be for more then 90% right in this case , most of time it is the optical illusion of that it looks like it's something else rather then rock. The thing is we never really know , because we as the public cant come closer to the object.

But thanks for giving you opinion on this

top topics

<<   2 >>

join