It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Direne, it does seem that as we continue building this 'cyber-cosmos', objective reality continues to shrink. We're all becoming more invested in our subjective realities, which increases our isolation, and eventually leads to societal collapse. Is this how you're perceiving it as well?

No image of reality is a truth but a network of possible arguments. This cyber–cosmos of the 21st century is, at the same time, the sum of all the destinies and of all the origins that can have any argument about reality.

forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Is slavery a choice or is it destiny?

If you ask FL they will only say it's "soul contract".

Freedoms can't be bought and history does repeats itself

I refuse to believe.

Only the devil exist and it's proven throughout history.

If you can't beat them perhaps do worse than them.

Very logical on this cruel and barren world. Peace is temporary. Love is infidelity.

You ever wonder why FL calls us Designoids?
edit on 5-4-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

FL does not call you designoids. FL quotes some people who call you designoids. Some of them are philosophers, by the way.

A great part of your hostility against FL comes from the fact you think the paragraphs written in English represent FL's views or opinions, instead of taking them for what they are: quotes and excerps from others.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Direnei

And you agree with them and even used them.

You wanna bet I can find you mentioned that here?

"A fully deterministic timeline would be that in which each and every decision you take is already known, and you have no freedom to choose this or that option. In a fully deterministic world your life would be scripted beforehand, and you are reduced to what we call a "designoid", a being which is simply acting as prescribed. Certainly, this would be a simulated world in which you are just a conscious agent playing the role the simulator assigned to you."

It took you long to figure out, now it doesn't matter.
edit on 5-4-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The royal we, majestic plural (pluralis majestatis), or royal plural is the use of a plural pronoun (or corresponding plural-inflected verb forms) used by a single person who is a monarch or holds a high office to refer to themselves. A more general term for the use of a we, us, or our to refer to oneself is nosism.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Understandable. I'm not all animosity at all.

But it do suck living like a parasite. I'd never wish on my fellow human. But it do suck cause it seems emergent in our lifetime. Lots of anomalies going on. EQ here and there. Could it not get any better than this? It seems like life is cut short. Upcoming doom
gloom solar activity and certain celestial alignment to fulfill the propheciee:?

It's all tiring man. Much sad.

Life is such a pest. Hopefully not the end of it all. I can't see the light anymore. Muh eyes. How many times did I wish goodbye? My brain could never. Perhaps in another time.

But it's too late now. Times have changed. I will terminate whenever. Aphophis could never

A fully deterministic timeline of doom. What a vainglory.
Worthless Effort.. Parasite and clowns. Cannot even enjoy life. Ciao 🙂 nothing is authentic here. That I meant life. We all face the inevitable doom. With it the cycle repeats itself.
edit on 6-4-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hi Direne,

I've been reading your posts for over two years now and I am really at a loss for words. Your casual posts contain so much information, and your stories are fulfilling like great novels. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it's the most fascinating material that I (and maybe most people here) have encountered.

I had a couple questions if it's alright to ask you.

1) Is lucid dreaming real in that I'm actually traveling somewhere "else"? Or is it all just in my head, as if I closed my eyes and imagined myself walking somewhere in my memories. When I was 14 I discovered that I had the ability to lucid dream on command. I need to be sleepy, but if there's a light source in the room, I can focus on the light and retain consciousness as I fall asleep and transition directly into a dream, or float out of my body (I have regular dreams too, this is definitely not a regular dream). It feels like getting jacked into the matrix. The transition is always accompanied by a very loud buzzing sound in my ears, which stops abruptly once I'm in the dream.

I believe there is a connection between my mood and the speed at which I can travel in the dreams. If I'm in a good place, mentally, I can soar like bird through the astral realm and it's very enjoyable. If I'm not in a very good place, or feeling melancholy (which is most of the time), I cannot move very quickly, almost as if I'm covered in sludge. Sometimes I can barely "float" myself off the ground, or sometimes I just float around slowly like I'm in a tank of water.

Also I think I have encountered what you might call "angels" and "demons" in this astral world. I haven't encountered many "angels" but when I did, those memories are burned into my mind, they felt like true religious experiences. Unfortunately I have also encountered some very frightening entities, that can scare me so badly that I black out from terror into sleep, or force me to to wake myself up out of the lucid dream or OBE.

Do you know what this is? Am I really leaving my body? Or going into another realm? Or is it all just in my head? I suppose this question is as complex as "is God real" or "are spirits real", as in a definitive answer would fundamentally change how you live your life, probably, and maybe we aren't meant to know, but it's kind of driving me crazy. I used to believe it was 100% real and that I had an ability to traverse dimensions, but as I got older I started to think that maybe this is just a weird thing that happens to some people when they sleep. I do believe that I have lived my life unconsciously believing this was real though, that there is more behind the material world we live in, at least.

2) Do you like films? If so are there any that stand out to you as "good" films? I've noticed that you've given book recommendations and study materials to people in the past. I'm wondering if you have any recommendations on art and creativity, specifically related to filmmaking, writing stories, or visual arts.

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: HaileyBieberSmoothie

I used to believe it was 100% real and that I had an ability to traverse dimensions, but as I got older I started to think that maybe this is just a weird thing that happens to some people when they sleep.

What would you say started to change your view on this?

I would think that these experiences would lead one to believe in the existence of their soul and likely it's immortality.

Did you believe these things, and have those beliefs changed with time?

I do believe that I have lived my life unconsciously believing this was real though, that there is more behind the material world we live in, at least.

Do you think this unconscious belief was or is ultimately more helpful or harmful to you?

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I guess my views haven't really changed, but I just have to accept the possibility that all this strangeness is just in my head. It 100% does NOT feel like it's in my head, and feels just as real as me typing on my computer right now, and it can feel wonderful or terrifying. I think that if I wasn't pursuing a creative art with my life, I would probably want to study lucid dreaming and find out wtf it actually is. It's so interesting, but I don't have the tools or knowledge of where or what to study. Also I don't find forums on lucid dreaming that helpful because everyone's experiences are so different. When I search the ear buzzing thing, google tells me about "exploding head syndrome" which is definitely not it lol.

I do think that the pressures that begin to compound with adulthood contribute to people being forced into a more "realistic" way of thinking (typically financial pressure). Like can I really afford to be thinking about the meaning of lucid dreams and souls when the price of everything keeps going up, talks of starting a family occur, etc? And yet, a part of me knows that the soul and dreams and the beyond (I absolutely believe there's something beyond this, I just don't know what) are probably the only things actually worth thinking about. It's tough.

I think the unconscious belief was very helpful. I really do view people as other souls, which lead me to mostly positive social interactions in my life. I kind of naturally treat people just like they're another version of me (like we're all just souls going through this journey), and I think this leads to people liking me for no reason, which I think benefited me greatly in social and professional settings. Funnily enough, every time I try to be slick, it blows up in my face.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I guess my views haven't really changed, but I just have to accept the possibility that all this strangeness is just in my head.

That sounds like a very practical approach to dealing with spiritual/mystical experiences.

I think the unconscious belief was very helpful. I really do view people as other souls, which lead me to mostly positive social interactions in my life.

I'm glad to hear this and I feel the same way.

Based on your answers, I'd say your just questioning your own beliefs, and perhaps experiencing a little loss or lack of faith.

As an astral adventurer, you've had experiences that make up and back up your core belief that we are spirits, and because of this you are a better authority than most on this subject.

Your beliefs and experience fall inline with the ancient teachings found in the Bhagavad Gita, which I would recommend to you, preferably in small doses over time.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You didn't ask me, but I'm answering because this is something I've spent a fair bit of time on and have personal experiences with. I'm also far more accessible in the long term should you be looking for peers with similar experiences to share information with. It's not easy to find people knowledgeable about the topic, this is quite true. It gets ridiculed and derailed too. The general population has been conditioned to violently reject things that are not based on the prevailing materialist zeitgeist.

What you're able to do is often called wake-induced lucid dreaming or the WILD method. This is one of the methods you'll find discussed quite often in guides to lucid dreaming and lucid dreaming itself is often discussed as a precursor or launchpad for astral travels. There's a bit of a line in the sand there that many won't cross, going from considering the experience internal to considering it external. I consider that somewhere in all of it is magic. Between the ability of our mind to engage quantum computation and alter quantum systems, along with the power of observer that our consciousness posseses, is where true magic is found.

I would encourage you to think of the experiences as real independently of your perception of where it takes place being real. I hope that's not confusing. It's certainly a valid question to ponder where we are during these experiences, but it need not be a determining factor in how we assess the validity of them. Since we have few ways to verify that we have really traveled it's not necessarily easy to argue it, but no matter how real those environments are our experience itself is very real.

The buzzing noise is a common feature of the early stages of hypnogogic disturbance, though I'm uncertain if that's the cause or if there is a more specific mechanism which it is merely correlated with. It's described differently by different people, but it is typically described as a buzzing noise or like being in a wind tunnel. I've had it happen quite dramatically a few times just prior to sleep paralysis episodes and a little bit during them while learning the process of escaping that state. For me it feels like my whole head picks up the violent vibration, but for some others their whole body feels like a receiver for this "noise". It's like my head is inside an industrial sized fan, the sound and vibration. It is distinctly different than exploding head syndrome, which is typically a single loud noise that sometimes occurs multiple times during the transition to sleep.

I consider WILD to sort of be the most advanced natural state of visualization. As I cross into WILD from mere visualization the whole experience becomes much more real and much less like a simulation. It's like a fusion of your conscious ability to directly visualize with the latent power of your subconscious to maintain thoughtforms without conscious effort. I'm only very new to WILD though and most of my prior experiences with lucidity have been spontaneous occurrences from using mindfulness protocols during waking hours. In WILD I often lose access to my consciousness quickly, seemingly within minutes. Spontaneous lucidity in dreams I can sometimes maintain for longer periods, but I often begin to utilize the conscious mind too much and get kicked back into mindless slumber. I think my subconscious plays bouncer when it feels it's being usurped. Making friends with your subconscious, or an alignment of the whole of consciousness, is pretty important for progressing beyond this point. The techniques for doing this can be found in many religions and esoteric systems, but they all sort of follow a similar path to unifying these different aspects of "you". The names change, the path wanders, but the end goal is quite similar.

There are methods that people suggest for transitioning from lucid dreaming, which is commonly considered an internal process, to astral projection. Between the agreement on lucid dreaming being an internal creation to the belief that the consciousness can decouple, even travel through the material plane, there are any number of different beliefs where the lines between real and imagined are drawn. Some believe that astral travel is just another aspect of internally generated environments, which may or may not have analogs in our material world. There is fairly broad agreement that the information coming from astral travel is not reliable if considered as a whole. Some amazing things have seemed to be glimpsed through astral travel or OBE in general, but there seems to be no agreement on how we might determine which are accurate and which are not without verification in our mundane material plane.

There are some places in which people find themselves during lucid dreams or astral projection that seem much more static and "real" than others, which seem to be shared spaces. This makes the question of what is real even more difficult to answer. It's as if these environments are not simply internal constructs, but are externally maintained and have some degree of permanence. Often those places are difficult to penetrate or escape from. They seem to have their own will. That will doesn't want you there being all lucid and paying attention.

These entities you encounter, real or imagined, will bend to your will once you learn how to harness it properly. You are not wrong that mood will impact your abilities and efficacy in these states. Seeds of doubt and fear will blossom into brambles if you water them. You may find that some meditative energy work will enable you to mostly ignore when those ghosts of fear and doubt seem to be lingering, then to decisively eradicate them should they begin to grow. For me the solution (specifically for escaping sleep paralysis) was cultivating Dan-tien, the cauldron or pearl, a sorcerers stone, or sacral chakra. These seem to all loosely refer to a personal reserve of power. If these are all too woo for you then you can do as I do and just call it your will. That ability is even more powerful in mundane lucid states when there is no sleep paralysis boogyman breathing down your neck.

I'm going to send you a PM with contact information should you wish to discuss more or would like some suggestions for further exploration. I don't really check in on this account regularly and the site is in limbo. Though I still follow FL and this thread in particular, this site could simply disappear one of these days. From where you are the road gets a little more sketchy. Should you pursue it, even though you have some degree of belief and extensive experience already, you may find yourself adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

It's good to have people to chat with, or the option to, should you decide to explore this further. I believe pursuing this is rewarding and provides the best opportunity for personal growth that you have access to, especially as the illusions of the material world begin to crumble around us, but it's not a path that offers abundant opportunities for participating in a community for the independent seeker. If you don't end up following a system of some sort you will find there aren't many gathering places you can find others to bounce things off or keep you grounded. You have to be your own mentor much of the time, for better or worse.

Great first post on a difficult topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The dreamstate is considered an altered state of consciousness, and ASCs are always interesting. The role that dreams play in cultures is important, and even more important is the role they play when it comes to people's mental health. A human brain that does not dream is a defective brain. And a civilization that ignores the role of dreams would be denying the role of consciousness itself.

The mechanism of dream formation is known, but it is still unknown how the different types of dreams are generated (prophetic dreams or visions, lucid dreams, premonitory dreams, nightmares, comatose dreams, near-death states, aural dreams, etc.). Nor is much known about the intermediate states between the sleep state and the waking state, nor about the intermediate phases. And it is only recently that the door has been opened to technologies that allow synthetic dreams to be generated, EEG patterns to be recorded and correlated with dreams, dreams to be stored, and dreams to be transferred from one brain to another.

That dreams are more powerful than language, that their information content is greater, that their usefulness as a means of exchanging knowledge is more optimized than verbal language is something that no one disputes anymore.

What is being actively investigated is the process by which a civilization transitions from a purely language-based stage to one based on symbols, i.e., dreams. It is a slow transition, and it is so because today's civilization rests on the paradigm that what makes you truly human is language. Even your AIs are still advanced language processors. Overcoming language is just as slow a process as the process of moving from being a species without language to one with language. It took many changes in the brain, and several millennia, for homo sapiens to acquire the faculty of language, and much more change is still needed to transition to a dream-based species.

But the time will come when this stage will be reached, because it is a stage of biophysiological optimization, a stage that nature favors if what is sought is the survival of consciousness, rather than the mere survival of the species. Obviously, once that point is reached, bodily existence is no longer necessary (or advisable). But one must learn to live this new form of existence, something that takes several millennia longer.

You already sensed that the physical body is only a container; you already suspected that the spiritual is an indissoluble and essential part of you. You only need to reach that evolutionary point where you cease to be a being that is, and thus be able to move on to being in order to be. Such evolution is inevitable, and is the least entropic form possible for consciousness.

It is not that you dream in a world. it is that you dream of a world.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   

and it is so because today's civilization rests on the paradigm that what makes you truly human is language

Would it be fair to state that a slight change to this statement would greatly improve it for future humans?

"today's civilization rests on the paradigm that what makes you truly human is any and all advanced forms of communication"

Humans currently require language for communication. There are multiple species that manage to communicate without language. It is a flaw of human nature to assume that complex language is the most superior form of communication.

I have read various sources that claim higher dimensional beings utilise entire experiences to communicate with each other.

To communicate and convey sadness, for instance, one higher being might utilise the entire history and experience of war.

I have hypothesised that this entire reality exists in order for these higher beings to convey such things. It is claimed that we are the universe experiencing itself. Perhaps this is true, in a sense.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: K1xaru

Think about this: even if you don't communicate with others, because there are no others, you still have a language. An extreme case would be you living alone in a deserted island. Language and communication is not the same. You still need a language because your brain works internally using a language. You even talk to yourself. For you, having a language is much like breathing.

Communication is a different thing. It assumes there are others out there with whom you wish to communicate. You could do it with no language at all, indeed, but this does not mean you have supressed language. Actually, much of what you are is language-based. There is nothing like a 'human language', for being human already means having a language, up to the point you can consider and treat humans as language. Your entire civilization is just language; without it, it collapses.

It is your being language-centric what makes of you a special kind of life form. The one that feeds on language. The only one, in fact.

Emil M. Cioran put it this way: It is no nation that we inhabit, but a language. Make no mistake; our native toungue is our true fatherland.

You can easily rephrase it this way: It is no planet that we inhabit, but a language. Make no mistake; language is our only planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Is slavery a choice or is it destiny?

I can only answer for myself, I found the honour of serving to be the greatest of experiences and I see that reflected in others when they're at their best and happiest. Both and neither but never either?

Only the devil exist and it's proven throughout history.

If you can't beat them perhaps do worse than them.

I see it/him as an archetype that anybody can embody and they often do. History might repeat but that doesn't mean something different cannot happen. If individuals offered the hand instead of the fist they might just find the circumstances to be less troubling.

Lots of dream talk recently... They all want to serve something.

You ever wonder why FL calls us Designoids?

I could've cared in the past and might've even misplaced blame for some of my own experiences and visions, things I thought I didn't ask for. Seems most here have looked in the similar directions. Would you patch up the walking wounded wandering back? I'd prefer they'd never be hurt in the first place personally.

I won't be condemning the lost idiot nor the highly informed when it comes to the topics here. I'm here to learn what I already knew... About 3 days too late for myself and not a second too early for the next 'lost' soul.

The rest I genuinely couldn't care less about since it's like looking for hope in a madhouse to me, I wish them well in all fairness.

Ksihkahe? That was an excellent post and a genuine offer of assistance
I hope the poster does communicate with you if they feel comfortable and wanting, them are some messy paths when it comes to understanding dreams.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I just seem to find myself constantly wasting my time.
There are no real connection be it physical or magical.

Anyways, I guess it's always hard to find meaning for us constantly seeking a better world.

You either sink or swim. Right Direne?
edit on 10-4-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Quit seeking and make it.

If giving up was easy we'd all do it and we wouldn't have any issues.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just want to strongly caution everyone here to avoid '3 Body Problem' like the plague.

My intuition told me to stay away, but since it's being talked about, decided to check it out. I got through two eps before deleting the entire thing, while listening to this podcast on sonic weapons within that 'Leave The World Behind' movie I steered clear of. My parents watched that damn movie: www.youtube.com...

3 Body has the same anti-human trauma-based programming that Netflix has become notorious for. I could write a dissertation on just the two eps I watched, but don't want to expend any more energy on it. Your attention matters. Sonic weapons are also most likely being used; I turned the volume way down several times. Although these weapons have now advanced into the inaudible infrasonic / ultrasonic range.

Anyway, I'm currently re-balancing, and will stick to my trusted content. Just please be aware that content such as this is a weapon. It stays in your psyche, and takes a while to properly clear.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fireslinger369

while listening to this podcast on sonic weapons within that 'Leave The World Behind' movie

3 Body has the same anti-human trauma-based programming that Netflix has become notorious for.

I haven't heard anything at all about the above -
- though, I wouldn't doubt that it's being done...Is there an ATS thread on it?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Easier said than done. I've already anticipated that it's a hard years prior. The brightest minds wouldn't wait a year. All over the years I think I realized who I am dealing with. Now it's just clownfiesta all over again and again. It never stops. If one is truly of sound mind, they will never say such a thing. But since they do. They're understandably sick and of troubled mind.
Much much worse than me. Which is why I wish a better world or better never?

I never had to explain myself in the first place. The fact that I had to and even struggle with it just proves this may never been worth it.
edit on 14-4-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 336  337  338    340  341 >>

join