It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts to spacewalk outside space station today: watch it live now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hi all. I just saw this is happening now, I didn't see a thread after a quick search.

Two astronauts will work outside the International Space Station for 6 1/2 hours on Tuesday, and you can follow all the free-floating action live. NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy and the European Space Agency's Luca Parmitano are slated to exit the orbiting lab's Quest airlock Tuesday morning at 8:10 a.m. EDT (1210 GMT).

Fox News - Astronauts to spacewalk outside space station today

And for those who just want to watch, here:

UStream - Nasa Public

Keep your eyes peeled and recording the streaming if you can!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i just seen 2 ufo's go past!!
one after the other in quick succession. probably 2 satellites. but still........
and now the feed's cut off !!!!

no joking, check it out about 2 minutes before this post
edit on 9/7/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I saw a couple small floating/flashing things in the background as well around the time of your post, but then the video feed went to ground control for awhile. I think it was a satellite or some piece of debris rotating and flashing in the light, but I didn't record it so I can't replay it.

Nonetheless, it's fascinating to watch it and another spacewalk is scheduled about 7 days from the last walk I believe, same streaming like this.

What I did not like were the different camera colors/spectrums(?) they were using at times. I'm not exactly sure why the colors went to reds/yellows at points during the film. Also at the end the astronaut seemed more concerned about getting into the airlock than freely taking photographs for fun as suggested by ground control.

new topics

join