It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March in Egypt for Morsi heading towards Tahrir Square - Clashing & Fights Live

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Pro Morsi crowd headed toward Tahrir Square

Apparently there is a huge crowd of Morsi protesters heading towards Tahrir Square and it's a 5 km walk. Will be there any clashes between the two, anti-Morsi protesters and pro-Morsi protesters, or possibly the military?
We'll have to wait and see, Washington post has live update on it.

I believe it's the same bridge we've seen footage from during the protests against Mubarak. The October 6 bridge.

Live footage can be seen here:

edit on 5-7-2013 by Misbah because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well....at least they are using the sidewalks and keeping the center lanes open for cars. Does not look like a huge crowd from that pic

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah well what's interesting is that they've avoided going to Tahrir Square because it was filled with anti-Morsi protesters, don't know why they changed their mind suddenly. I hope it all goes peacefully.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
5k march looks like a flop from the pics. Compared to the protests to remove Morsi I think it is safe to say that the Pro Morsi supporters are a true minority.

Screw the Muslim Brotherhood. I hope all they find in heaven are 72 virgin pigs.....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
5k march looks like a flop from the pics. Compared to the protests to remove Morsi I think it is safe to say that the Pro Morsi supporters are a true minority.

Screw the Muslim Brotherhood. I hope all they find in heaven are 72 virgin pigs.....

There is no reason to use profanity, we're trying to have a discussion in peace. If you have nothing good to say, it's better to stay quiet.

On topic: It is something new even though they aren't many, they're taking a chance heading towards Tahrir Square. So far there have only been anti-Morsi supporters there.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
your link is broken. here it is

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just heard from the news that there is something seriously wrong in promorsi and antimorsi confrontation this evening as there is no police or military seen on the streets. Are they letting people to get into serious fights and bloodshed. Very weird... its going to be a bad night for Egypt tonight.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a person being interviewed in the video, said the gov originally said it was keeping the two sides apart to stop this type of thing from happening, but apparently, they have since changed their minds and are going to let the two sides fight it out. now where the problem comes in here is that the anti morsi folks are not armed.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Morsi is thru. He only has all those protesters, the Military and a whole world against him.

You didn't deliver the change as promised. Won't get fooled again by him or whomever is behind him. Since a Mubarak era judge is "appointed' interim leader, you can guess who the master puppeteer is.

Change we can believe in this time?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Watching the link...thanks.

It looks to me that the Anti-Morsi protesters are firing fireworks at the pro-Morsi protesters.

Can anyone see a civil war brewing? One that will dwarf Libya and Syria combined.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Maybe.

Regardless, you will see destruction and chaos in Egypt, for awhile. Sad times for Egypt.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
In that link it appeared to be molotov cocktails being thrown while I was watching.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Clash going on right now

rt.com...

You can view it, this is only the start i'm afraid.

Sounds like mortar fire.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

On Al-Jazerra the reporter is freaking out. Tahrir Square is supposedly peaceful at the moment, but if these two groups meet, it's going to get ugly.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wanna know something scary?

We have this guy for the Belgium network and his a warzone journalist. He spends his time in iraq, syria, you name it The real front.

About five hours ago, he tweeted going on holiday. This guy never runs a scene ever.

Also can someone please tell me where do those people get those expensive lasers? Really those are like 300 Euro.

And if you watch the live feed. Its scary to hear the "Alah Ahkbar " while they move forward.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

This mess is the sort of things that can happen if people like the UK Tory Party & Obama type sticking noses into countries that they don't understand, they are the one's who ought to put there own houses in order before meddling in others.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow! Did they just say 307 injured in Alexandria? That seems to be quite the escalation in violence.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
703, this is escalating quickly. I do feel there is an agenda taking place. As a poster noted ( don't remember name nor thread ) that if this keeps escalating in Egypt the militairy will close that passage in the ocean. Which will result in a huge spike in the crude oil.

I don't know, the timing of it all... Lets not forget that the military helped to "dispose" of mubarak. And also helped the Brotherhood of Muslims.

And now they are the good guys? It just doesn't add up. And lets not forget, like the islamist or not, He did win by 51% So you have half the country being pissed off.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah things escalated, from what I see it looks like pure entertainment. But I doubt it is to those who're protesting. They're shooting fireworks at each other and at this moment, pro-Morsi is leading the fight. It keeps switching, it's so awkward but yet so entertaining. Have we ever seen something like this in history? For me it's something new and cool to see.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Also interesting to note; that the fasting starts within 5 days....
Odd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join