It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EGYPT: Muslim Brotherhood now shooting protestors [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Happened last night. Discusting.

WOW that dude was just walking by... must be some of Morsi's thugs. Talk about wrong place at the wrong time!

I´m afraid that it isn't over yet. The Muslim Brotherhood wont take the loss of power on the chin. Egypt is about to implode IMO.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I believe you're right.

The Muslims won't take this at all. They honestly believe Egypt is theirs.

We have seen many events over there this week but what we haven't seen yet is revenge from the Muslims. That will come quickly IMO.

I think it's only beginning.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I guess we will have to wait and see if Obama decides to arm these guys too. I think the poor Egyptians have another long year ahead, at least.

Really will be interesting to see the reaction from the west once the [snip] really hits the fan. I'm calling it early, intervention within a month.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That's horrific IMHO.
Utter psychopathy.

It's really rare for me to say this but...this place looks worse than Mexico.

I'd rather deal with the cartels, they at least need a reason to kill or kidnap you ($$$).

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is it certain the shooter was a brotherhood member? I do hope people will not back down. Looks like Egypts new democracy was not one at all. It was another dictatorship in disguise. And our government supported it. I do wonder if our own administration would easily leave if protests took place like that. I feel it would be just like what were seeing in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

It does looks like the military, but it is in fact a central intelligence vehicle used by the Muslim Brotherhood to defend Morsi. You can see the logo on the back of the vehicle.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Egypt was fairly stable up until 2011. But yeah it looks like a visit to the pyramids will be put off for another few years. Which is a huge shame, although I'm not christian I still wouldn't want to be a white person in Egypt for a while.

Would love to see mexico though and see the chiuwawa's in the wild.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Yes. I couldn't see where the bullet came from so thank you. If only they had guns but that could make it even uglier too. My prayers are with them. The people "will" prevail if they can stay strong. Unfortunately there are two choices - give in and then be back to where they were before the brotherhood or continue forth and risk all. I think every person who is killed in protest deserves a place in the history books.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Hassan Khalifa 22 minutes ago
this was in the 25th of january revolution in 2011 not the one that occurred a few days ago, the demonstrations a few days ago were peaceful ones. i would know that because I'm egyptian myself...

Take from it what you will.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

95% of the population in Egypt is Muslim. How is it not theirs?

It would take a lot less than 95% Christians in the US for them to claim it as theirs. And they do, you know.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I have been searching for a video from 2011 of this incident to confirm that but am unable to find one still. We will have to wait until they wake up in Egypt later today for some confirmation.

edit, there are a lot of mirror channels on youtube now posting this video. It's looking legit.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

What do folks expect in an ongoing protest....if things like this were happening in the US you would see the same thing....it's people being people...some good people, some bad people...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I think jude11 (and forgive me for putting words in his mouth) is differentiating between the Brotherhood Muslims, who want a strict Islamic government, and the rest of the Muslims who would like more freedom.

It's sad, but this is yet another example of one Muslim sect killing Muslims of another persuasion. I'm not sure, but I don't think Mohammed had this in mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I do partially agree with you there, if your out on the streets in the nosebleed section your putting your life on the line. It still is a hard thing to see, especially when the man who was shot probably was the one who least deserved it out of the group.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wait until the planned protest today starts, just after Friday prayers. The Friday of Rejection protest.

I fear this is nothing compared to the bloodshed about to be unleashed in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by jude11

It would take a lot less than 95% Christians in the US for them to claim it as theirs. And they do, you know.

The faction supporting Morsi is fanatical Muslim, totalitarian Muslim, dictatorial Muslim. They support him because he was installing Sharia law on a more secular nation and behaving like a Taliban faction.

The protests against him were by a majority of Muslim citizens, but moderate, modern, more liberal and more secular people.

Most of Egypt might be Muslim, but only a minority support Morsi and want to take Egypt back a century.

As for the OP, there's no indication that this video is recent, and there are others stating that this is old footage of a previous killing. I'm inclined to believe this is old.

That doesn't change the risks of course. Things are volatile in Egypt, but then that's the reason the army had to step in to begin with and try to prevent more bloodshed.

There is hope though, because many of those who had supported Morsi in the beginning only did so for stability, and because he was telling the people what they wanted to hear. Since that election he broke all his promises and exposed the MB as another dictatorship. Millions who had voted for him protested against him this time.

The support for the MB has dramatically collapsed in the last year.

Fingers crossed the military can maintain stability for more elections, and prevent any major incidents from happening.

The involvement of the US is going to be a tricky one too. They really cannot afford to see Egypt slide into a civil war like Syria. There's not going to be even a fraction of the hesitation they showed in Syria and would have to intervene.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Any proof that it happened last night and was done by Muslim brotherhood ?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by jude11

You don't have to be in the Muslim Brotherhood to be an Egyptian Muslim.

The Muslim Brotherhood is an Islamist organisation with the long term goal of bringing Eygpt under Islamic law. If the election results are representative just less then half the population disagreed at the last election.

Until they get another election we wont know how many of them disagree after a year of mismanagement.

I'm glad they are gone but i'm not happy at the way in which it was done. If no legally elected Egyptian government can endure short term unpopularity without being deposed by force then the future of the country will not be a happy one.

I fear insurrection and violence lies in Egypt's future.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. The Muslim Brotherhood puts on a 'reasonable' face to the West ... but in reality they are violent and psychopathic. Their website is pretty clear about their intentions. I wish the Egyptian people well and I hope they are successful in tossing the sickos out of office. oh .. and I find it interesting that Obama was 'concerned' about Morsi losing his position
He claims that the US doesn't take sides ... but ...

Huffington Post - Obama deeply concerned on Morsi Removal

Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt.

'Assistance to the Government of Egypt'??? That sure sounds like he's taking the side of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood to me. Hey Obama .. stay out of it! The Egyptian people realize they elected a stinker and are correcting their error. Just let them.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
Any proof that it happened last night and was done by Muslim brotherhood ?

This video was referenced here by Herald Sun as being current
www.heraldsun.com.au...
edit on 5-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join