It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy in the media's coverage of racism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't approve of hate. It's spiritually toxic. This post is about the media's coverage of hate.

I went to a MSM news website yesterday, and it was chock full of shocking incidents of racism. At the top of the list was Paula Deen, who, after admitting using the "N-word" is reportedly now blaming the ruin of her career on "the Jews." Way to make it worse for yourself, Paula. The other items were an alleged racist tweet by a reality show contestant, and a racist hint in a newspaper crossword puzzle.

"What the heck is going on?" I wondered. Then, as I thought about it some more, three facts begin to emerge:

1.) In these news stories, the perpetrator of these racist acts is always white.

2.) The victims are almost always black or Jewish.

3.) These racist controversies always seem to happen just when they need to, for maximum political effect.

In the first point, you're left with a quandary. Either you have to believe that: a.) only white people are capable of racism, b.) only white people are stupid enough to get caught at racism, or c.) the media only brings attention to the racism of white people. So which is it?

As to the second point, why don't famous people make public racist remarks about Asians? Native Americans? Racists don't discriminate (ha, ha) between groups they hate. Why is always blacks/Jews? Look at Mel Gibson-he made remarks about the Jews, and then the blacks.

The third and final point is the most interesting, at least to me. There have been a rash of racist incidents lately-the controversy surrounding the biracial couple in the Cheerios ad, the racist remarks about the black actress in "The Hunger Games," This kind of stuff goes on all the time, but for some reason, lately, it's been highlighted. It's almost as if...the media wants you to feel sorry for/guilty about black people. Now, if only there were some reason for this, like maybe a black president who is in a lot of trouble right now...hmmmm...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

There ALWAYS is.

The wound of racism can't ever heal because race pimps and clowns like Al Sharpton keep pulling the scab off.

These media fools keep calling George Zimmerman a Caucasian. WTF? He is just as much white as Barack Obama is!
edit on 3-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just what this site needs, another race-based thread.

*sigh*

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Please note that any type of bigotry -- even a mere wiff -- will not be tolerated. Consider this fair warning.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Just what this site needs, another race-based thread.

*sigh*

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Please note that any type of bigotry -- even a mere wiff -- will not be tolerated. Consider this fair warning.

I hope that you don't think that my post has a whiff of racism. If so, please show me.

Serious question: does not talking about an issue solve it?

I'm relatively new here, so if I'm beating a dead horse, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The conspiracy is that they cover it at all. If it wasn't thrown in peoples faces everyday you would see tensions ease and gradually over time it would become a non or at least isolated issue. Racism itself is perpetuated by ignorance, arrogance and the hyper-sensitivity promoted in our schools. We all should rise above the thought that someone else, through their words can hurt us. Nobody you or i know has ever been a slave or a slave owner. It is time to grow up and get over it.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc

I hope that you don't think that my post has a whiff of racism. If so, please show me.

Serious question: does not talking about an issue solve it?

I'm relatively new here, so if I'm beating a dead horse, I apologize.

The discussion of racism is now considered an act of racism unless it is specifically to condemn a racist act.
Any mention of or allusion to the fact that there is, or may be, another side of the coin vis-a-vis reverse racism is, in and of it's self, deemed a de facto act of racism.

Clear enough?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

"Is there a conspiracy in the media's coverage of racism?"

Yes.

Pharmaceutical companies create drugs that treat disease. Not cure.
This way, they develop a customer base.

Media corporations tailor the news to manipulate peoples reactions so that there is always MORE news to report.
This way, THEY create a customer base.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The current goal of the MSM is to push the race issue as hard as they possibly can. Hence the "Paula Dean" thing.. and now some girl on "Big Brother" used the big scarey "n-word". Tie that in with the Zimmerman trial and you've got a racial bomb ready to go off.

And what better thing than a race war to distract from all the bull$h@! going on in the country right now? Hey.. we're too busy worrying about a friggin WORD to care about the NSA spying, the problems in the Middle East, the corruption on Wall Street, etc. You know.. the things that actually affect our lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I am under the impression that racism is only committed by whites and it is reverse racism when the color tables are flipped....not sure why other than this..? I know this only addresses part of your post but an important on anyway...

rac·ism (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

reverse discrimination
n.
Discrimination against members of a dominant or majority group, especially when resulting from policies established to correct discrimination against members of a minority or disadvantaged group.

edit on 3-7-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There was an interesting event in Greensboro last night, into this morning. Four hundred teens came together in the downtown area and decided that a massive fight and riot was a good idea. The news reports discuss "troubled teens" and "youth."

The police chief said that it had nothing to do with gangs, it was just a case of large numbers of students from two different high schools meeting downtown.

I find it interesting that two high schools could get 200 teens from each to be at the same place, at the same time, without some prior planning, but technology confuses me.

To discover the race of the rioters, you have to watch the video. They weren't Hassidic Jews.

myfox8.com...

I honestly don't think it's a conspiracy, but a mindset that much, if not all, of the media have fallen victim to. Some things are best left unmentioned in our society. Announcing that members of a minority group have done something bad is one of those things.

I suppose the question is, why bother mentioning race at all? But as the OP pointed out, and as we all know, sometimes race, or some other characteristic, is mentioned, and even trumpeted. Remember Matthew Shepard? There was an anti-hate bill, in his name, passed and signed into law. He was gay and that got a lot of attention. He wasn't killed because he was gay, but the fact that he was, was sufficient to cause an uproar.

Protection of minorities, yes. Conspiracy, no.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Are you in Greensboro? I'm just south of Danville, VA right now.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just came across a rant and rave section of a very well known domain that continues to be chocked full of racism against blacks every day.

In my town something terrible has happened to a young black student & I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on this site so until I dig around some more I'm not going to go into details but something strange is happening. It's as though many different angles of this issue are trying very hard to convince people of white on black gang violence.

I'll just say that no one knows what is really going on but some stuff is reflecting very bad on some in the white community & although a very large group of black family & friends are involved & trying to sort through it, I think...well, I hope that no secondary violence has happened in light of it but it sure wouldn't surprise me because people are pissed & they've got good call to be.

It's a mess all the way around.

I know this is going to sound strange, but I have told this forum about my own gang stalking and being stalked by what I'm certain is FBI agents... and there are a lot of details to that I can't go into in a short post... but my point is that a lot of weird stuff was happening in an attempt to make me afraid of black people during some of these incidents in my life but that is not all that happened and it has gone on for years. I was even being targeted by black church members... or so it seemed. I kept looking past all that trying to get to the root of what it was and what I am seeing in so many areas is that they are pitting people against each other.

They have been doing this for a long time but they have gotten really desperate and sloppy or something.
it's becoming very obvious and I think they are gearing up for something to happen and they feel that people are banning together now more than ever and resisting what they are trying to cook up.

I'll resist pointing a finger at certain secret society groups that control the prisons (down, finger, down) but those people can spread hate like no other.

then there are other groups and some notoriously concerned with black issues... They are rising up in awareness... again. They know this. There have been news pieces where the media seemed to be trying to demonize one of these groups. There was a post about it on here.... and there was yet more posts about another notorious black group but I don't want to start arguing about the pros and cons of these groups because I know it will get dicey and the shills will tear it up... so I'm not naming the groups or articles.... but they seem to be enforcing a silent awareness... and the warmongers know it.

Some intel agencies are notorious for working with gang members & building assassins through bribery & blackmail.
If there is evidence of gangs, which is DEEPLY related to racism and why a lot of kids join gangs for fear of persecution from other races, they can swoop in like vultures and do a sweep. They can then start perpetuating crimes that don't even have to be of a violent nature simply because they now have jurisdiction in that area. They can turn it into a circus, have neighbor pitted against neighbor in even petty crimes. They've got frightening means to mess with people. I could give a lot of details, years of details. Strange stuff. They love to mess with heads, make people jump through hoops. Sick stuff. i've seen it

The prison system is a market & they can use it in certain ways.

Some people are afraid they are going to force labor on people, but I think they are targeting the youth for enlistment into the service. It's their way of getting recruitment back up without enforcing a draft. I think their #s are too low.

I think agencies crank this # up when they start preparing for war.

Some in office are seriously sharpening the war ax right now.

When you have people connected to churches, especially people in a tight community that can really get word around like many spiritual black communities... that spiritualism inspires AGAINST war... not for it... especially if they are compassionate and tolerant of other religions (ahem...Islam) and you know that tolerance of that is pretty high in black political awareness groups... and face it, they'll be some of the first to sniff out when the gov is screwing over the little people because they've been looking over their shoulder all their lives in some cases.

The LAST thing they want is for that trend and that cohesion to influence the good old white boys. Now I'm not knocking the good old white boys... I'm white but they tend to be more optimistic about authority in many cases. Face it. Am I lying? Traditionally speaking, who is more likely to be weary of "the man"

When people band together they learn from each other and realize things. This does not suit the powers that be.

Divide and conquer.

Historically, it's one of their best tactics.

Look at the world right now... It's one big false flag.

That's no coincidence, that's there MO!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
There was an interesting event in Greensboro last night, into this morning. Four hundred teens came together in the downtown area and decided that a massive fight and riot was a good idea. The news reports discuss "troubled teens" and "youth."

The police chief said that it had nothing to do with gangs, it was just a case of large numbers of students from two different high schools meeting downtown.

I find it interesting that two high schools could get 200 teens from each to be at the same place, at the same time, without some prior planning, but technology confuses me.

To discover the race of the rioters, you have to watch the video. They weren't Hassidic Jews.

myfox8.com...

I honestly don't think it's a conspiracy, but a mindset that much, if not all, of the media have fallen victim to. Some things are best left unmentioned in our society. Announcing that members of a minority group have done something bad is one of those things.

I suppose the question is, why bother mentioning race at all? But as the OP pointed out, and as we all know, sometimes race, or some other characteristic, is mentioned, and even trumpeted. Remember Matthew Shepard? There was an anti-hate bill, in his name, passed and signed into law. He was gay and that got a lot of attention. He wasn't killed because he was gay, but the fact that he was, was sufficient to cause an uproar.

Protection of minorities, yes. Conspiracy, no.

Oh, now that is very very interesting.

If it weren't so late I'd dig up some social media on those two schools and see what kind of crap is being tossed between the two.

Gangs?.... No. And I'm glad they are not calling it that... but it sure is ironic that all that took place.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Here's my take on it.

Racism sells, people like to get outraged and have a witch hunt.

Nobody has the testicular fortitude to call out anyone for racism unless they are white, lest they themselves be labeled racists.

I don't think there is any sinister plot, just profits and CYA tactics.

The thing I don't understand is who is actually believing half the stuff the media drums up as news. I don't think I know a single person that cared what Paula Dean (Deen?) said. Most were more critical of her butter chugging habits.

There are of course instances where I believe racism needs to be covered, but the majority of the things lately seem like ratings gathering nonsense. Then you have all the stupid media outlets competing so they blow things out of proportion as much as they can legally, then some idiots get butthurt and the whole thing spirals into 'Anyone who has ever said the n-word is literally worse than Hitler!' BS.

I got a bit rambly. Media covered racism is nonsense and used to drum up ratings and they're all too scared of being labelled racist to cover anyone but white folks.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
OK, I admit this is off-topic, but the idea just popped into my head. I'ma little surprised at how many of my heroes are Black.

Lionel Hampton, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Dr. Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, and that's without even thinking.

Is it a question of racial prejudice any longer, or is the prejudice against people who act or talk a certain way? Am I prejudiced against a Black teen because he's Black, or because his hat is on backwards, his pants have dropped, and I can't understand his words? I'd like to think it's the latter.

If I'm not the only one, then does the focus on race in the media create the very problem they're trying to solve?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by Snsoc

I am under the impression that racism is only committed by whites and it is reverse racism when the color tables are flipped....not sure why other than this..? I know this only addresses part of your post but an important on anyway...

rac·ism (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

reverse discrimination
n.
Discrimination against members of a dominant or majority group, especially when resulting from policies established to correct discrimination against members of a minority or disadvantaged group.

edit on 3-7-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

The term "reverse racism" has always rubbed me wrong. The way it is used, it sort of implies that racism starts or started with us. I'm not an anthropologist, but I'm fairly certain that my people aren't the oldest race, and to think that everyone dwelt in racial harmony until "evil whitey" came along is preposterous. "Reverse discrimination" has the same flavor to it-but the definition you provided helps a little. It's more about the exchange of power. Perhaps people feel that anti-white racism is "okay" because of the perception that whites have the power. (Does that mean that when the roles switch, and non-whites are perceived to have the power, that "reverse racism" by whites will be socially acceptable?)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Only really, really thick people would hate someone just because of their looks. These people certainly exist but I think they are a very small minority. Mostly people don't like a certain behaviour, then they notice that this behaviour is 'mostly' done by similar looking humans and then they put two and two together and brush everyone who looks the same with the same brush.
This can happen to black people, women, jews, arabs, asians, the disabled, gays and so on.

Therefore I don't think the word 'racism' describes the dislike towards a certain chosen group of people correctly. That they may be sometimes of the same 'race' is an artifact. Race or skin colour is easily distinguished, the same as hair colour or hight or build.
But really nobody [apart from a very stupid few] hates anyone just because of what they look like. Their dislike is usually a direct result of bad experience and then generalisation.

This is not just a 'white' issue but concerns everyone on this world. There are enough africans or asians who don't like each other or westeners or disabled people, for various [often entrenched cultural] reasons.

As an example, I once met a girl from Thailand who was training as a carer but who disliked all disabled people because she believed that they were people who had done something bad in their previous lives [when buddhism goes wrong lol].

Also it often happens that people state: "the french, the germans, the blacks, the irish etc" for simplicity, even if what they have to say is not nice; but when meeting a person from the listed above, they seem to 'reset' and take the one person on merit.
Is a person who does this really a 'racist'? or just a human [we are but animals, and by far not perfect].

Are the laws not enough that deal with any violence towards another human? Why distinguish by race? You hurt someone, you go down. Simple as. Regardless of where you come from. Making a distinction is actually 'racist'.
Because it implies that people of a certain race are indeed a little 'special' and need extra protection, when in fact I see everyone as human, with the same abilities and hopes and dreams.

The media can very well be nasty to certain groups, depending on their opinions or agenda [Daily Mail anyone?] but again, certain groups are mad fun of or disrespected and nobody cares. Examples are fat people, women, most european countries [I am german and you should see what the papers get away with saying]. However other groups are completely taboo. Weird isn't it?

As to the 'threat' that any bigotry or any negativity towards other 'races' will not be tolerated in this thread, I will say this:

"I love ALL races and ALL people, I love and respect absolutely everyone in the world without any exception and will open my country and home with happiness to all these lovely people because I really absolutely love everyone and everything they do, always and forever."

Did I do well? Wouldn't want to be called a bigot or racist. Did I tell the truth? Doesn't matter, as long as it looks good. Is this helping discussion? No, but I am safe.

<<   2 >>

join