It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare's Employer Mandate Delayed A Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well it looks like they actually aren't prepared to implement the entire mandate after all, and I'm glad. Either they know it's a mess, or if it actually is implemented, they would lose the elections in 2014. My guess is it would be the latter.

However the case may be, at least I know I have another year to prepare...

Source

In an announcement from the Treasury Department on Tuesday, the administration said its decision was "designed to meet two goals," including reducing the amount of paperwork and working with small-company employers who were threatening layoffs or reduced hours in order to report a workforce of fewer than 50 people.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ok, but this still means everyone is still required to aquire insurance by January though, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Ok, but this still means everyone is still required to aquire insurance by January though, right?

There is a difference between the employer mandate and the individual mandate. The delay in this mandate affects employers only. But, the individual mandate has not been postponed. This requires everyone who is not eligible for alternative insurance plans to buy coverage themselves.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Daedal because: edit

join