It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastors Blame Wildfires on Christian Women Who Wear Pantsuits and Hats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This all boils down to women and gays. Women and them gays should all be separate.

Except for the men. All the men should just stick together to avoid thems women and gays.

Just men. Living together, staying together. . . to avoid thems women and gaymosexshumals.

So all men just stay together . . .hang out. . . . together. . . . maybe taking a shower. . . . together. . . . . . just to avoid thems troublesome women and them gays. . . . .

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
HaHa
. I like this thread. When women wear pantsuits, the fire is in the woods instead of guys pants
What will they think of next

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
these pastors are just pulpit bullies and decievers, pay them no mind, they're delusional because they chose to redirect thier minds.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
reply to post by littled16

Everytime I read a post of yours I am totally distracted by THAT ???? perhaps the Pastors should see it, God knows what they would make of it - I can't stop laughing its so brilliant!

They would probably say (in my best Gomer Pyle voice): "You're sure goin' to Hell for that one!", But MY pastor would probably laugh his butt off and tell his grandkids to come check it out!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
HaHa
. I like this thread. When women wear pantsuits, the fire is in the woods instead of guys pants
What will they think of next

dont know about you but my wood is alight just at the thought of The Pantsuit...

Must......douse....the....Flames....of.....evil.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I wonder why they would think that God was offended by women exposing their breasts? I mean, He did make them to start with, and apparently got ticked off when Eve tried to cover them with fig leaves in the Garden of Eden you know.

It wasn't making a fig leaf covering that annoyed him. It's that he told his kids not to do something and they did it anyway. Something all parents are supposed to be made to experience so we know how it feels. Like telling your daughter not to have sex until she's married, and she ends up pregnant at 15 and unable to support herself.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Puts a whole new meening on the term HOT Pants.
Becides this guys right I my self have seen a women or two hot enough to start somethiunmg burning for sure.
(think I need to go to that town the women are scorching .

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Based on the article and the reasoning the following can be stated:

Based on the logic that the pastors are demonstrating then perhaps they can answer why are some states still standing? After all if GOD is upset at the way things are going in the state of Colorado, would he not have taken out his wrath on other states that have a more liberal states and countries?

Consider that California has had gay rights and civil unions, along with allowing for now same sex unions alot longer than the State of California, and yet it still is standing. And Nevada, the center of sin, in accordance to their belief, is still doing well and standing. And lets not forget Hawaii, which allowed for same sex marriage first in the USA. And what about countries around the world that allow for what they are stating God is against. Do you think God would like say the Netherlands with their liberal attitudes? Or how about countries that are not so God Fearing, like say Russia or even China? And what about the Catholic Church, that is slowly eroding and rotting from inside and out with all of the scandals that are coming into the light, why is it still standing?

Or is it the height of ignorance and an over inflated ego that they are stating this? After all do they really think that with every thing that is going on, that God really cares about the policies of one state in a country? Or could it be that God does not really care and they are wrong, and that the truth is no one really knows what God cares or does not care about.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit there are "reasonable" Christians, but they are the minority.

You can keep saying they aren't and ill keep saying they are, good luck. In the end everyone will know I was right.. and that you were wrong.

I'm sorry but that's as biggoted sounding as saying there are "reasonable" Muslims but they are in the minority. That's a crock in both cases and generalizing so badly, it's notable in it's own right for that alone. Religion tends to take many many forms but the fact a majority of the world is religious is a factual issue which comes up again by whichever measure of the topic a person chooses to use.

In generalizing so much, does it ever cross an Atheist's or Agnostic's mind that their own way of seeing the world might be the one with some errors of thinking?

How that actually tends to look both in the U.S. and world wide is even more profound and obvious in so far as saying the extreme opinions of some fruit loop preachers like this story talks about can hardly begin to be taken as representative.

I think it's more meaningful to see how quickly Christians themselves denounce junk like this.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Time will tell wont it? With all these republicans saying crazy things... and them being elected by the majority.... its interesting that you can claim my insight is unfounded.

I hope im wrong. Unfortunately that is a very, very, rare thing. Feel free to apologize when you realize your wrong... I know I will.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Are Americans currently indulging in the fad of releasing Chinese Lanterns?. One started a major factory fire here in the UK.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

Are Americans currently indulging in the fad of releasing Chinese Lanterns?. One started a major factory fire here in the UK.

It's strange, all of these supposed Chinese lanterns. I have traveled all over the US and lived in several different states throughout my lifetime and the only time I've ever seen people releasing Chinese lanterns to fly away into the sky is on television shows and movies.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I hope im wrong. Unfortunately that is a very, very, rare thing. Feel free to apologize when you realize your wrong... I know I will.

I think that's a very telling statement to the core difference between my outlook on this and that of so many others. I don't see this as a game to be right or wrong in. Generally "being right" means destroying the belief system of another person. Even no belief is a system all it's own, in that context. Everyone is entitled to a basic level of respect and not generalized or taken to be somehow less than the next person for whichever direction they go on matters of Faith.

There's the key difference. I think the world is far too big and complex a place to believe any of us have the answers, let alone well enough to say anyone else is outright wrong.

Either way. These Goobers in the OP are as much 'the face of Christianity' as that moron in Florida who thought burning the Quran as a public event was a good idea. Last I heard, that particular nut was trying to do something similar in Dearborn, Mi. lol...... Stupidity runs rampant.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

They wondered why God was punishing Colorado with the fires, and specifically targeting the heavily conservative city of Colorado Springs.

In my best Father Guido Sarducci accent...

Ah, becauza god she becuma angry ana impatient witha the morons.

K~

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
pantsuits, I am still not over that, can't believe they didn't blame the gays.......someone living close to the fire area said they hadn't had a fire in over 40 years...guess that had nothing to do with it!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Read the article - yes they blamed gays as well - this was an equal opportunity blaming for wrath.

but only in Colorado - apparently gays and pant suits elsewhere are not evil enough to deserve a good wrathing.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
It wasn't making a fig leaf covering that annoyed him. It's that he told his kids not to do something and they did it anyway. Something all parents are supposed to be made to experience so we know how it feels. Like telling your daughter not to have sex until she's married, and she ends up pregnant at 15 and unable to support herself.

would she be able to support herself if she was 25 and married and pregnant? Or 25 and single and pregnant? Or 15 and not pregnant?

What is the condition that you are worried about here - being pregnant, being young, being female??

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

sometimes it baffles me...you would think...that they would at least try to appear unbiased...for voters sake. But it seams...they know their voters wont mind. In fact....many agree. Otherwise....we wouldn't be talking about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
sorry about that, I should have read the article! I read articles but the whole pants suit thing just distracted me with it's idocy. sounded like they were blaming us women folk first, people like that have a flock that listens to them...just boggles the mind!

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by research100

Read the article - yes they blamed gays as well - this was an equal opportunity blaming for wrath.

but only in Colorado - apparently gays and pant suits elsewhere are not evil enough to deserve a good wrathing.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2013 by research100 because: a space

edit on 2-7-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Lol, the Midwest ain't so much different from the Middle East.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join