It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Statement from Edward Snowden

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you.

Say what you like about Snowden... but he would make a far better president than Obama even on his worse day. Obama doesn't seem to have a bone of integrity in his body. The longer he stays in power the more I grow to despise the man for his behaviour.

Snowden broke the rules, sure - but he did it for You. Obama bends the rules just to maintain security over his undeserved power & control over You. Is that really the type of man you want in charge of America? Leading the world into even darker depths of lies & corruption in the name of "National Security"? Whatever that means now

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

Originally posted by christafinias
They are afraid, the citizens are going to rise up and use that 'right to bear arm's' you guys love so much......however it seems it takes a bit more than the government snooping on you, to get you guys riled up.

I'm please Snowden keep's popping up and is safe and well (as can be) however I feel for him the life on the run, the loneliness, being hounded.....I just hope his efforts weren't in vain.

S&F
edit on 1-7-2013 by christafinias because: Typo

He knew this would come as a result of his actions and his act is one of true heroism.

Speaking as a fellow Brit, I'm ashamed that we've participated in this snooping and wouldn't stand up for a person such as this.

I quite agree.

The UK better just admit what its done to its people and not just hide behind the US with the "but they started it" we have become all too familiar with.

Good job Snowden, i hope you inspire others to do the same and lets start to get this "you are too stupid to know whats good for you" political elite attitude.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I have a feeling HE is reading this web site.

well, You are a Hero yes a hero.
dont let us down.
thank you so much. from the world.
free world that is.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I predict more people coming up like him.

No matter what they do, this is unstoppable.

I believe restoring America has began.

I doubt that very much.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Media is reporting here that Snowden has asked for asylum in Finland. But it can't be granted if he is not inside the borders. And Finland has transfer agreement with USA.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by defcon5

What is up with McCain, he so often seems the rabid war-monger, I thought people who had been through the experience like he has are more reflective and peace-oriented.

I suppose it's a case of seeing first hand just how quickly and violently ones life can come to a sudden end, the realisation of how fragile and mortal one actually is, causes some people who experience war to decide that their own backsides are infinitely more valuable than someone else's backside down the road, and do what they are told or what they think is necassary to ensure that they and theirs are safe.

Selfish, irresponsible and dangerous thinking, but that's the human nature of the rich and powerful for ya.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Snowden will be the next name I use on my ballot as a write-in candidate.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Edward Snowden asylum: countries approached and their responses

The NSA whistleblower has made 21 applications for asylum worldwide as he flees the US – with little success

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
"The problem with Scotland is that it's full of Scots". - Longshanks
"The problem with America is that it's full of Americans". - Obama and Admin

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
His problem is that he leaked more than he really should have. Had he limited his leak to information regarding the NSA snooping inside of the United States, he MIGHT have gotten away with little more than a couple slaps on the wrist, as his long term plan could have been to seek protection under whistleblower laws. The problem he now has is that he leaked information about other activities that had nothing to do with that, activities that are explicitly permitted under US law. Because of that, his potential whistleblower protection has now gone out the window.

I admire the guy for standing up for what he believes in, but he shot himself in the foot on this one.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

I predict more people coming up like him.

No matter what they do, this is unstoppable.

I believe restoring America has began.

Though I wish it were true I'm afraid it isn't, it will have to get much worse, the masses are too attached to their flat screen tvs, smart phones and other status conscious toys and symbols. People live in fear, divided, die-hard materialists - how worse could it be, or how better could it be if you were a globalist? What percentage of the population is even reflected on this somewhat awakened site, 2% maybe? Probably much less........

Are you one of the people described by you?

If not, then what side did you pick?
edit on 1-7-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

My paragraph starts with, in reference to your remarks; "Though I wish it were true........." .........I hope that answers your question. You might also note my avatar is the Mayan Galactic Butterfly which from what I have read represents universal consciousness. Peace.......

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I for one am grateful for the actions of Edward Snowden. Providing proof of unauthorised systematic surveilance on innocent citizens of the US and it's allies. Like many here I have known it was going on for close to 20 years and was starting to become apathetic, thinking that the general population would never realise the extent to which their personal freedom was being abused.

So last night I was listening to a National (gov. subsidised) radio station (of which there are 5) here in Holland where a female presenter was rather annoyingly carrying on about the predicament of Mr Snowden and focussing on the romanticised view of old school spying.

Listeners were asked to call in, to tell of their experiences of keeping secrets etc.
I phoned, spoke to the editor expressing my frustration at the way the presenter was blabbing bull# and that the focus should be on the message, not the messenger......(in accordance with Snowden's wishes)

Next thing I know I am on the air explaining how PRISM works, why Obama is trying to appear casual about Snowden's actions and how the general public need to wake up and question their own government's spying activities etc..
I'd say it was 7 minutes of my life well spent even if just a handfull of listeners woke up today and started seriously looking into the facts presented.

Thanks for the inspiration Edward, as I am not done yet! And hell if I can do it, anybody can!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by introV

No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

Goosebumps. If only the average citizen gave a hoot about ANY of this stuff.

Most of us are too afraid of those drones flying overhead now. Never know if one is loaded with cruise missles and with that lovely new NDAA and a trigger happy madman sitting on the throne who thinks he is God and has the power of life and death at his fingertips, you should be afraid too.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Never know if one is loaded with cruise missles and with that lovely new NDAA and a trigger happy madman sitting on the throne who thinks he is God and has the power of life and death at his fingertips, you should be afraid too.

Apparently its quite a horrific and traumatizing experience operating a drone cleared to engage with deadly force.

Not the romantic "get to sit around all day and play xbox" type reputation people seem to have built up. If anything its worse than being a soldier or a fighter pilot.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I would ask Mr. Snowden: "Are you willing to die for your principles?"
TRUE patriots always have been...because the messenger must personify the message: 'Live Free...or Die'.
They understand that the messenger exists solely for the life and future of the message to which they have become entrusted.

Release ALL you have ASAP. Do not make deals for your life with the devils running ANY country...Like it or not, you have been chosen to deliver Truth...Justice will follow, though it may never arrive in the time or manner you expect...or as others may promise.

TRUTH is not a commodity with which to bargain...and FREEDOM is not a bargaining chip; the moment it is placed upon the table in the game, if loses value.
edit on 2-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Who is to say that snowden might not be a hero but he could be a Russian spy. Reporting all he has gathered back to Russia and putin is just making it out to look like they don't want anything to do with him. That's why they left him in limbo in Russia. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Way to be Mr. Snowden, you're a hero.

Until we all realize that the *majority* of American politicians (which includes the current President, but not limited to) are criminals, nothing will ever happen. These people are the scum of the earth. Career politicians that do back room wheeling and dealings to secure their financial gains and power. They do not represent you, your family, your friends. They represent themselves.

It's been this way for far too long. And I have a feeling that they are indeed on their last legs. More and more people are waking up, even if it's not happening as fast as we'd like it to. At least *something* is stirring in the American populace and it has the current reign of criminals scared.

I love America. I love the American government. I just don't love those who are in current control of said government.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I wonder how many more of us will come after him or will we allow these terrorist in our government to silence our patriotism! We few who stand against tyranny are the only threat that a government controlled by the corporate and banking elite will ever fear cause we do not let threats of any kind compromise our integrity!
If we do, we have already become enslaved to a master we can never see, fight or run from "our own fears"! Let freedom reign in the halls of justice by the hand of patriots like Edward Snowden and God bless America!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Media is reporting here that Snowden has asked for asylum in Finland. But it can't be granted if he is not inside the borders. And Finland has transfer agreement with USA.

Norway where I live, and I suspect Finland both have agreements.
However if there is reason to suspect that the person to be extradited is facing breaches of human rights they are denied in the court. This is one reason we have Mullah Krekar here even if the US wants him.
He is expelled, but he can't be sent home either as he faces the death penalty there.

Seeing how they treated Manning, I think he has a good argument in court for not making them send him to the US, at least from here.

He has applied here as well, but our government has just denied his application on cowardly technical grounds without having an opinion. I guess they don't want to piss off big brother.

We just had sweeping laws passed the 1st of July allowing private companies to get the personal info of people behind an IP with little to no evidence, and that courts can order a block of websites to ISPs.
All in the name of RIAA and MPAA.
I think the pirate party will do well this autumn.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1
The following has been posted on Wikileaks by Edward Snowden

One week ago I left Hong Kong after it became clear that my freedom and safety were under threat for revealing the truth. My continued liberty has been owed to the efforts of friends new and old, family, and others who I have never met and probably never will. I trusted them with my life and they returned that trust with a faith in me for which I will always be thankful.

On Thursday, President Obama declared before the world that he would not permit any diplomatic "wheeling and dealing" over my case. Yet now it is being reported that after promising not to do so, the President ordered his Vice President to pressure the leaders of nations from which I have requested protection to deny my asylum petitions.

This kind of deception from a world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile. These are the old, bad tools of political aggression. Their purpose is to frighten, not me, but those who would come after me.

For decades the United States of America have been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.

In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many.

Edward Joseph Snowden

Monday 1st July 2013

edit on 1-7-2013 by citizenx1 because: err, URL doesn't work - have a look on wikileaks!

edit on 1-7-2013 by citizenx1 because: .

edit on 1-7-2013 by citizenx1 because: (no reason given)

To Mr. SNOWDEN,

I was in military intelligence (I will not quote what branch...so don't ask....Thank you ('
')) and I have had the honor to witness a person like you who "stands his ground" refusing an official order (or two or three....) will not waiver and defends his life for the U.S. Constitution.

I salute you and I think your morals are above approach (at least at this time). Stay strong and remember you have millions of friends wishing you safety with long life.

I thank you for showing me what a patriot is and being a role model for all Americans.

May God bless you and your family.('
')

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join