It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme weather for last weekend in June, early July (US)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So...reading my daily EarthSky newsletter and see this:

Extreme weather will be the main story for the United States between now and the start of July....In fact, there is a slim chance that we could tie or break the all-time hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth of 134 degrees Fahrenheit!

Source

Forecast is actually for ~129, but that is HOT. Think I read the last heat wave in 2005, 17 people died from heat. This is going to be a rough week.

Then scroll down and see the rain forecast - that is A LOT of water. June has already seen major flooding across Europe and in India. Now America's turn? Are we going to see a repeat of 2011 post-Hurricanes Irene & Lee? Major flooding, power out for weeks?

So the western half of the country is being cooked, the eastern half is being drenched.

This has to be a sign of something, right? This can't possibly be "normal"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

That going to be Death Valley again? I KNEW there was a reason
the Old Ranger looked that old... dude was Well Done LOL.

I've got some extended in the Tucson area, that UA can get downright
toasty as well... over (hard)

Almost forgot that horizontal rani northern IL got a few days ago...
looked like training time for the nw/se slow crawl of the arctic
droop, and three flood warnings for the Illinois Fox and Wabash R.
edit on 28-6-2013 by derfreebie because: Water everywhere...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
50C aint no joke!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ns9504

"Global" and "warming" are the first two words that pop into my mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i've been saying since december that this summer is going to be BAD. we're at 105 today already and it's not even 5 pm yet (middle of texas).

and there's this: INSECTS ON THE RADAR (link to texas storm chasers fb page)

www.facebook.com...
edit on 28-6-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

"This is the hottest time of the year, but the temperatures that we'll be looking at for Friday through Sunday, they'll be toward the top," said National Weather Service meteorologist Mark O'Malley. "It's going to be baking hot across much of the entire West."

The heat is the result of a high-pressure system brought on by a shift in the jet stream. The jet stream, the high-altitude air current that dictates weather patterns, has been more erratic in the past few years.
Source

The article goes on to say, that there is still disagreement on whether or not Global Warming is the cause.
__

Earth is definitely going through some changes right now.
I don't care what people think the reason is.

How much of an impact will these changes have in the long run?
I guess time will tell.

But, if this trend continues...
I wish everybody the best of luck.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

redtic

"Global""Climate" and "warming" "Change" are the first two words that pop into my mind.

Fixed that for you.

@OP

That's some pretty ridiculous weather you guys are going to get. Here in my neck of the woods were probably going to break rainfall records for June :/

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
phoenix...

ouch!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I've spotted your problem...you are in the middle of Texas!!!

Stay cool brother

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

redtic

"Global""Climate" and "warming" "Change" are the first two words that pop into my mind.

Fixed that for you.

@OP

That's some pretty ridiculous weather you guys are going to get. Here in my neck of the woods were probably going to break rainfall records for June :/

~Tenth

Yeah, yeah - tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We had really warm weather here for the last week now we have this inland hurricane going and going and going around and around....
classic.wunderground.com...

Lots and lots of rain this year in our area.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

LOL! yeah that's part of the problem for sure but we'll be hitting over 110 and staying that way for far too long and that isn't normal. it gets hot but not THIS hot.... and sadly so so dry.

also... i'm a sister not a brother

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This whole sense of normalcy is so wrong,
the planet doesn't adhere to our ideas of what a temperature should or shouldn't be.

Global Warming lol, Climate change lol

How about PLANET EARTH being a PLANET circling a STAR.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I live in eastern Washington and our average high this time of year and most of summer is 85..

it was 88 today and will be 98 tomorrow and Sunday and 101 on Monday...

ouch, that hurts because no one around here has A.C.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
105 here, a mile high in the Rocky Mts. The fires are out of control in many areas and the morons with fireworks on the 4th of July will start even more.

nmfireinfo.com...
edit on 28-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So do the climate deniers still claim that theres no warming going on? This is just the beginning of extreme weathr the planet will experience as it tries to cool down. I believe that the only way the earth can cool down is by 2 ways, either it goes into a mini iceage or a supervolcano will go off releasing enough sulphur aerosols to cool the planet and along side with that acid rain that will kill a lot of vegetation including crops.
Also these 2 possible events to will give strong support to the Gaia theory that the planet is a living organism and its realised it has a cancer.....

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
it was 101 at noon and now it's 106 at not quite 2:30. expecting to break 110 today. that's obscene.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
This whole sense of normalcy is so wrong,
the planet doesn't adhere to our ideas of what a temperature should or shouldn't be.

Global Warming lol, Climate change lol

How about PLANET EARTH being a PLANET circling a STAR.

yeah yeah yeah. we've heard it all here on ATS. we get what your opinion is and currently this topic is on the extreme weather not about how this planet is always changing and the SUN is hot and climate change is just the earth being the earth etc. your LOL's make me

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I live in eastern Washington and our average high this time of year and most of summer is 85..

it was 88 today and will be 98 tomorrow and Sunday and 101 on Monday...

ouch, that hurts because no one around here has A.C.....
I'm thinking your local retailors are going to make a killing selling air conditioners.I'm in Michigan and we've seen a few serious downpours the last week.I hope that heatwave doesn't head east!Funny thing is we had major heat waves but no rain.I don't know what"normal"weather patterns are anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's hot where I am today and projected to be hot for a week. It's been this hot before many times, and it will be this hot again. I'm shocked at the hot weather I tell you, shocked!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join