It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and NSA accused of criminal privacy violations in dozens of countries -- Snowden blowback

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Everyone needs to read this, Its getting deeper and deeper each day.

www.dailykos.com...

Discussion on Reddit
www.reddit.com...

It may be hard for Americans to wrap their minds around this concept because, in their case, human rights are not directly conferred upon them, constitutionally -- and can be suspended by the Executive Branch or the high court at any time, if it is deemed (often secretly) to be in the best interest of the "defense" of the nation.

Read that last sentence again.

You are living in that reality. The citizens of other nations are not. Their constitutions declare and affirm human rights that are specific to the 21st century issues.

Americans have have little expectation of general human rights, many of which were circumvented by the Patriot Act. But, right now, the rest of the world is dismayed and outraged that the US has illegally breached their sovereign laws to spy on their citizens and businesses.

The world regards what the NSA is doing as an international crime and a direct violation of their human rights.

I will write my analytical point later, I just wanted this post to get out so the discussion can start.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

I'd actually be impressed by the global finger wagging, if I believed that they were any less hypocritical.

The truth is we are merely repeating human history. The tools may be different, but the intent to subjugate is not.

The US still has the best chance to pull this one out of a nose dive, but it requires accountability imposed by its own populous...

As we all certainly know, merely saying a thing doesn't make it true.

The world is a mess....everywhere.

edit on 26-6-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

How can you minimize a thing of such tremendous import?

The United States is spying on the citizens of it's own allies!

Don't you think that is a matter of true historic exception? Can you give me any examples of that having ever been declared by any country?

The place where these things will lead us is dark indeed and it has to be put to a stop through the solidarity of nations and the American citizenry.
edit on 26-6-2013 by antoinemarionette because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

So how are citizens of allied nations hypocrites?
Man your full of it.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Samuelis because: Error

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
How can you minimize a thing of such tremendous import?

I'm not minimizing anything. I remain tremendously disappointed we continue to fail at producing a form of governance where justice and liberty consistently prevail.

But if you think for one second it isn't just as bad elsewhere (read everywhere), then by all means, remain in that bubble.

I am not so easily convinced.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by loam

Man your full of it.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Samuelis because: Error

In most cases, their dismay should start with their own governments, who allowed the NSA to do its thing. Hell, the UK, Aus, and NZ all are partners in the spying scandal.

Our government is an evil demon in a court of evil demons.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Originally posted by Samuelis
Man your full of it.

Because their governments spy on allies and those citizens have done no better job at holding them accountable than the citizens of the US.

So when I see the finger wagging come from any of them, I'm not impressed.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'd actually be impressed by the global finger wagging, if I believed that they were any less hypocritical.

The truth is we are merely repeating human history. The tools may be different, but the intent to subjugate is not.

The US still has the best chance to pull this one out of a nose dive, but it requires accountability imposed by its own populous...

All countries have the need to put a stop to this crap. I agree that subjugation is always the goal. Maybe America could be a start in a simple way if they wanted to. Many police cars have the slogan, 'to protect and serve' the word 'people' could be added.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
tha american government agencies are paranoid!
and they are a danger to the world.

america is going the way of Roma of old.
the best thing other countries can do is to brack All ties with america.
so they dont take you with them.

but like a drownding mad,
america will try to destroy the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am just waiting for that ICBM to come flying out of Europe and land smack on the NSA building. Tick Tock.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

For some strange reason I believe the other countries when they say that this "surveillance" is a crime against humanity. They seem to understand that oppressing their citizens is counterproductive... although most of them have had an established government longer than we have in the US. I think that maybe they have learned from their past mistakes.

Our current administration has jumped on board the USS Obamanation and they are all going for a ride. Too bad they cant see the truth of the matter with all that spray in their eyes.

I am a proud US citizen.. proud to live in this country... but ashamed by those who currently run it. I do stay up at nights and wonder what my childrens future is going to look like when they embark on their own journey. Obama and his cohorts are a plague on this nation and hopefully we will soon find a cure.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

In most cases, their dismay should start with their own governments, who allowed the NSA to do its thing. Hell, the UK, Aus, and NZ all are partners in the spying scandal.

Your government and the UK government run the show and the others, at least my own, are lapdogs. We will be displaying our dismay on July 6. We are doing all we can but we have a Prime Ministerial leadership spill happening at the moment and a Federal election coming up so it's been hard to get a word in edgeways but we are doing all we can, rest assured.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

I'll take your word for it.

Here in America, we are doing two things, for the most part:

1. Jack
2. Squat

But its hard. Our well known apathetic nature makes even the two meager steps above seem like monumental achievements. Maybe if we had just 1 more Facebook chain posting, things would change. I know there's a critical mass of chain postings that will be the catalyst, right?

Right?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It's got to translate overground. There has to be impetus to actually act in the real world. People have to start calling their elected representatives, signing Whitehouse petitions and getting out on the streets and vocalising their anger. That's what has to happen for anything to come from this.

The apathy to stick with the status quo is actually a psychological fact that banks and insurance companies RELY on to stop people moving their business elsewhere. I heard a discussion on it last week. It is very, very hard to move people out of their comfort zones. People will only make change when the mattress on top of their bed of nails grows thin enough. I hope that point comes soon.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The Us Gooberment is the largest organized criminal syndicate ever devised...Are people just now waking up to this reality or what?

DURR

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM

DURR

Excuse me, adults are talking.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Although I have a tendancy to agree ... partially. I'd still want to tell you, that shrugging it off your shoulders and blame it on others ignorance is not a valid option for you ... because "those others ignorance" is actually a product of your victory. You put those idiot in powers, yourself.

I don't think you have a clue of what is going on ... for a very brief moment in time, prior to the Bush's. The US actually had a chance to make a difference in the world. But when the soviet union collapsed, you guys got drunk crazed with power mania.

I am not going to waste time, talking the history you have falsified with you ... nor trying to waste time on trying to talk about where you went wrong ... although the obvious error is to go shoot the messenger ... which brings me to this.

Have you ever read about the Chinese Qing dinasty and the Chinese Han dynasty? Well, Qing was a very cruel emperror ... a murderous scumbag ... much like America and their "pentagon" allies. In this place I'd like to point out, that the Pentagram has 5 arms, France, Russia, US, China and Britain. these are the 5 nuclear powers, and the 5 arms of the pentagram ... and it's heart, the pentagon is in the US.

nuff said ...

The Chinese emperror of Qing died, and in his place they put an idiot ... well, let's call im King George, just for fun.

To make a short story long ... the idiot, King George of the Qing Dynasty. Killed the messengers instead of listening to what they had to say. Because he didn't want to hear bad news ... as a result, of this error ... he lost his head, his Dynasty came to end, and so did all of his family of Qing. And out of the ashes, rose the most unlikely candidate of them all ...

The Han dynasty ... Han, not as in Chinese ... but as in Poor.

That, is basically where you are heading ... towards your own demise.

Good luck.

edit on 27/6/2013 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/6/2013 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I think everyone at European Union should read this: www.telegraph.co.uk...

So, it is a bit odd European Union is criticizing US/NSA of the wrong-doings, when they too have hands deep in the cookie jar

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

None of anything that is going on has anything to do with the the peoples vote but has everything to do with the military industrial complex 1%er share holders expansion of greed....the oldest money that built the military industrial complex has devised new ways of liquidating your tax dollars into their pockets because they can and there's nothing you will ever do to stop them

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Napoleon said. The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of the bad people, but by the silence of the good people.
Until normal Americans get off their ass and start to revolt, speak up, fight against your corrupt government, YOU are the problem. It is not your government that is at fault it is all of you seeing what is wrong and not doing anything about it. THAT is the problem. Your country need a million more bradley's , and Andrew's. you need to treat your goverment like a child. They will always chalange you and if they get away with something, they will keep going furthur and furthur, because all of you allowed it to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join