It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anton LaVey - Satanic malefactor or just a super badass kooky calliopist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just saw the following post and video about dearly departed Anton. When you listen to him it's hard to believe he's the founder of the COS. Just sounds like your kooky old uncle. Funny and harmless. I will admit the big top music he played had me flashing on House of a 1000 Corpses for some reason.

Anyway, funny old guy.

boingboing.net...

Next up, a video of Aliester Crowley hosting his niece's tea party. ;-)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
just a nut of a kiddie fiddler so his daughter says
about as evil as my left foot

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

I like his Ming the Merciless look he has going on

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Anton LaVey is an inspiration to me. Along with other members of the Church of Satan. Not because they're "evil" or they try to be scary. It's because of multiple reasons. I feel these people are very intelligent and know more about human psychology than any PHD carrying counselor. Look past the scary image and really look into their lives. Not perfect, but worth a look as humans who carry themselves successfully in life.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

He actually looks more like Vladamir Lenin. I guess their parents had multiples and gave them up for adoption.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

...a synthesized system of his understanding of human nature and the insights of philosophers who advocated materialism and individualism, for which he claimed no supernatural or theistic inspiration.

en.wikipedia.org...

So basically, his "Satanic Bible" was not based on, or inspired by, any supernatural power or entity. That takes the dogmatic element from it, as far as Christian declamation is concerned.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Anton was an eccentric and nothing else. I really enjoy his interviews and the like but whole point of the COS has nothing to do with the devil but embracing the things other religions tell you is wrong, and not being ashamed of it as long as you're not hurting other people.

As far as him being a pedophile, his daughter claimed he either molested, or let others molest his grandson Stanton, but Stanton claims that never happened and always speaks highly of his grandfather.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Never heard of the dude TBH, anyone got any documentaries about him? sounds like an interesting chap.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Wikipedia will be the best place to start. As I mentioned before he is not an evil person. But knew how to create an image for himself to create the Church of Satan as a dark looking group. In a way he reminds me of a carney because he knows how to sell ideas to people.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
Anton was an eccentric and nothing else. I really enjoy his interviews and the like but whole point of the COS has nothing to do with the devil but embracing the things other religions tell you is wrong, and not being ashamed of it as long as you're not hurting other people.

As far as him being a pedophile, his daughter claimed he either molested, or let others molest his grandson Stanton, but Stanton claims that never happened and always speaks highly of his grandfather.

Well if you have a name like Stanton you're bound to get molested sooner or later.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Never heard of the dude TBH, anyone got any documentaries about him? sounds like an interesting chap.

Google and/or YouTube, mein junger freund.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Wikipedia will be the best place to start. As I mentioned before he is not an evil person. But knew how to create an image for himself to create the Church of Satan as a dark looking group. In a way he reminds me of a carney because he knows how to sell ideas to people.

It's funny you say that because he really was a carney when he was younger and was always fascinated with the side-show aspect of it and found them very interesting.

And LMAO@Radar.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Thanks for the reminder. I guess that's why a lot of people dislike carneys. They're all Satanist!

Just kidding, but it's good to know.

new topics

top topics

join