It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama addresses Climate Change: - Not enough time for "a meeting of the flat-earth society."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is a very positive step in combating the issue of Climate Change.

President Barack Obama laid out a far-reaching set of proposals meant to address the driving causes of climate change, headlined by a new directive to begin limiting carbon emissions for new and existing power plants and the announcement of high environmental standards for the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline to be met before his administration signs off on the project.

The president outlined a series of climate proposals he intended to advance through executive action, sidestepping a Congress mired in gridlock in its handling of most matters, let alone politically touchy energy and climate issues.

I'm not going to reiterate my personal views on Global Warming and Climate Change.
But this is the best attempt I've seen so far to limit what humans contribute to the problem.

“The question is not whether we need to act. The overwhelming judgment of science, of chemistry and physics and millions of measurements, has put all that to rest,” said Obama.

"The question now is whether we will have the courage to act before it's too late.”
-
“We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat-earth society.”
firstread.nbcnews.com...

Obama brought up some good points during his speech at Georgetown University on Tuesday.

I applaud him.
He is the first president to directly address this situation.

Even though other politicians disregard Climate Change -
Obama continues to push the fact that it exists; and something needs to be done about it.

And his plan to side-step congress, is Exaclty what needs to happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've just seen that this has actually already been posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP of that thread claims -
"climate change is all about global domination."

LOL.

Anyway,
This thread will probably be closed.

However, I'm glad my post appears to be a little more realistic;

I will take that in stride.

edit on 26-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

"climate change is all about global domination."

i agree with this. scientists can be bought and it appears they have been. the only way they get funding these days is to go along with the climate charade. conflict of interest

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What a sanctimonious PoS he is!

It's not that people "deny" that climate changes. Anyone with an ounce of sense freely admits that and the physical evidence from many fields of research proves that it changes. I have yet to see ANYONE deny that climate does indeed change and that it remains static.

What most people object to, and quite rightly question, is the whole "man-made" climate change theory that is being pushed by politicians and bankers as a huge profit generation exercise, at the expense of everyone. Of course, Obama and all the others pushing this, and the whole "denier" nonsense, know this but won't miss a trick in smearing those who question the fudged data and outright fabrication and distortion going on to push this "for profit" exercise.
Those questioning the data and unproven "facts" that are presented, often care as much about the planet as everyone else, myself included. Yes, our governments SHOULD be looking at ways to reduce pollution as it's crazily out of hand. Ironic too that Mr. Obama's military adventures are the producers of much of the worlds pollution!

Despite all the talk from the politicians, I have yet to see one measure they have come up with that benefits the planet and the people on it, other than those well placed to reap huge financial rewards in fraudulent carbon taxing and trading schemes. I also seem to remember that Obama was involved with such a scheme before becoming the president, and so likely still has a financial interest at stake.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I try to stay neutral on many topics, since it really comes down to what you personally believe and who you think you can trust. However, I have to lean hard to the side that claims Global Warming / Climate Change is more about controlling humans than the actual climate. Many of the claims that were made in Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" which supported the claim the man made CO2 was causing Global Warming, have been either debunked or shown that the data has been manipulated to support their claims.

I recommend watching this episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory to help shed some light on what could be actually going on:

In case you have reservation about Jesse Ventura or a show involving Conspiracy Theories, here is a more in depth documentary which first opened my eyes to the "Great Global Warming Swindle":

So before applauding anyone for their claimed future efforts in saving humanity, I suggest looking at both sides of the story to get a better understanding of what is actually going on and who you can trust.

EDITED: (See reason for edit below) I would like to reword my last statement to say, Before I applaud anyone for their claimed future efforts in saving humanity, I would look at both sides of the story to get a better understanding of what is actually going on and who I could trust.

My synopsis: A lot more is going on than we all know and it's almost impossible to trust anyone these days!

edit on 26-6-2013 by iwan2ski because: Edited a statement because after reading it back to myself, it sounded a little rude which wasn't the intent! Now it just sounds smug...still not my intent, apologies!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think it's funny that some people still don't believe that the Earth is capable of a shifting climate. -
And if it is; it must be a result of a government plot to 'take over the world.' ( lol )
__

I've always been a proponent of Earth going through its natural cycles, as the primary cause of Climate Change.

But to think that human beings and the pollution they cause,
can't be a possible factor in this process at all? - That's just ridiculous.

Aside from air-pollution,
do you know how much garbage is in the oceans, alone? - The answer is, a lot.

Point being...
go roll around in a landfill of toxic waste for a few days - see if you get sick.

It's almost the same concept.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There is clear evidence that pollution has a detrimental effect on the planet.
If you don't believe in global climate change or what ever fancy terminology they are calling it now; that's on you.

It is my belief that clean air, clean water, and access to safe food, are human rights.
I also know that clean air and clean water, helps people to stay healthy. The number of water borne illnesses and deaths caused by them, is easily documentable. The amount of asthma cases in children is too.

Having ended up in the hospital ER due to a unholy mixture of pollution, dust storm and pollen.... I place a high value on clean air, and I am a bit of an activist due to my experience.

The Earth is a closed system, there is no 'vent or tap' to let the pollution out of that system.

M.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not totally sure where I stand on "man made" climate change.. With that said, I wasn't surprised when I saw this:

The president outlined a series of climate proposals he intended to advance through executive action

So how many executive orders is that now by Obama? 500??

edit on 26-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I'm not totally sure where I stand on "man made" climate change.. With that said, I wasn't surprised when I saw this:

The president outlined a series of climate proposals he intended to advance through executive action

So how many executive orders is that now by Obama? 500??

edit on 26-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Well if Congress was a functional body, and not a corporate door stop or political barricade, (dare I mention the racist element that exists but everyone wants to deny?) ; he'd not have to resort to executive actions to accomplish anything.

Given the gangrenous if not decomposing, lame duck Congress, I'd say he's doing the best with the tools he has open to him.

M.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
I've just seen that this has actually already been posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As already noticed, please redirect to the existing thread. lol

Thanks!

top topics

join