It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests planned across the country July 4 - Restore the 4th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It seems as though there is a grass roots movement forming in the US at the moment whose aim is to "strengthen the fourth amendment with respect to digital surveillance by the U.S. government" in the hope of ending " all forms of unconstitutional surveillance of digital communications by the United States government. One specific program Restore the Fourth seeks to discontinue is known as PRISM, which is directed by the National Security Agency."

They seem to have literally hundreds of protests planned for July 4 everywhere across the United States. Great going by the organisers!

They will also be expressing their support for Edward Snowden.

It's comforting to know that there are a lot of good people in the States who are willing to get out there and let their voices be heard on this issue. I hope the day is successful and they don't get hassled by police too much. Respect.

San Diego Free Press

Restore the 4th

edit on 22-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
With that many organised events there should be one close enough for most US ATS members to attend

Cool
Lets see
Great to hear more about this and the momentum it's gaining

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As someone who live in the EU, my opinion is rather towards--->>The US is conducting illegal activities in my country.

Honestly I don't hate the people of the US of A, but your government is pretty close to be in war with the rest of the west if you continue acting like the king [snipped]
edit on Sat Jun 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I hope that no "fireworks" are set off that might accidentally make itchy fingers a unload shots. I think it is a great day in terms of a statement but this danger does exist and folks should be aware of it. Do not celebrate the 4th near one of these crowds, please.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hope many that are concerned make it to close local protests or even start their own.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is cool but I won't be attending any of them. My wife and I have been planning our 4th for months now and it's got to happen.

It would be nice if they had a press kit with flyers people can print out to help spread the word and get the message out to those who cannot attend like me. I live in a condo complex and a bunch of flyers might help wake some more folks up to these issues.

They DO have a Logo package on the Resources page with the logo, a Facebook banner and some avatars but no flyer with info.
edit on 22-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This is cool but I won't be attending any of them. My wife and I have been planning our 4th for months now and it's got to happen.

It would be nice if they had a press kit with flyers people can print out to help spread the word and get the message out to those who cannot attend like me. I live in a condo complex and a bunch of flyers might help wake some more folks up to these issues.

I know how you feel as it's a very special day for my husband and I but those goes hand in hand why we chose the special day, as this support of the fourth will add to it.

The site does provide imgur link to printable images to be used as fliers, etc. and a zip DL at the source page. That's all they have for now at that source, but I agree more detailed fliers would help. I plan on that locally maybe even send the site a copy.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamdavid
As someone who live in the EU, my opinion is rather towards--->>The US is conducting illegal activities in my country.

Honestly I don't hate the people of the US of A, but your government is pretty close to be in war with the rest of the west if you continue acting like the king ( of debt, low iq, and people of lesser race )

We don't like it either. Tell you what.. you come over here and help us get rid of out President and Congress and we'll come over there and help you get rid of the Queen ans Parliment.. you know.. Criss cross.

(reference to the movie, Throw mama from the train)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hope everyone keeps their eyes peeled for infiltrators among the ranks. We all know at this point how the local police,and alphabet agencies like to make trouble to give a movement a bad label. I wonder what color of list this group will end up on.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Honestly I don't hate the people of the US of A, but your government is pretty close to be in war with the rest of the west if you continue acting like the king ( of debt, low iq, and people of lesser race )

I feel your pain, but let's get something straight...

Your OWN Government is conducting illegal activities in YOUR country. They just happen to be sharing it with ours and vice-versa.

And I'm still trying to figure out if you actually called Americans "kings of debt, low iq and people of lesser race"...

~Namaste
edit on 22-6-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If we try to rise against the corrupt governments they will brand us as terrorists and we will lose our friends and family. They want to silence us and use every form of intimidation. Even our so called friends and neighbors will tell the government that they see unusual behavior as they are still asleep and have been brain washed into doing the dirty work and spy on us lot. We are part of the resistance so we need to be strong together, stop fighting each other on here and work as one. Also we need to support one another and let people know if your in trouble.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
Hope everyone keeps their eyes peeled for infiltrators among the ranks. We all know at this point how the local police,and alphabet agencies like to make trouble to give a movement a bad label. I wonder what color of list this group will end up on.

Yes, indeed... Good rule of thumb we expressed recently during the March Against Monsanto. Best to keep a leaderless stance as well as alert to authorities, that are often present, if trouble is started.
edit on 22-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I'd like to share, since you seem unaware, that it's not limited to the US. They are all in on it, one of a few sources, sources to other docs and info are shared within as a starting point: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now this>"( of debt, low iq, and people of lesser race )" was just trite and uncalled for.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I've been checking links but can't find any locations that are participating...

Does anyone have a list of where some of these protests are planned? I live in Michigan and would like to attend if there is one close enough.

Cirque

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I f'king LOVE you guys!

Look after each other out there and I hope to read all about it.

We will be following suit here on the 6th July, if not before (still figuring it out as *very* few here even know about Prism and Snowden as our politicians haven't said one single word about it (bar one single minor party Senator who everyone ignored) and MSM are very, very quiet also. We're living in a little bubble here while the rest of the world rages. It's surreal.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Come on guys - I see a lot of Americans complaining about the corruption in your country - YOU SHOULD ATTEND!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Don't wish to spoil the party but it will be back to work on the 5th with nothing at all changed.I hope I'm proved wrong but...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Prove yourself wrong...get off your arse....i know ill be at one.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I've been checking links but can't find any locations that are participating...

Does anyone have a list of where some of these protests are planned? I live in Michigan and would like to attend if there is one close enough.

Cirque

Here is the link for the protests Restore the Fourth - Protests

They haven't confirmed the ones set for Ann Arbor and Lansing yet BUT keep an eye on this thread List of Protests as they are Confirmed and hopefully you'll get some news of one near you.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
Don't wish to spoil the party but it will be back to work on the 5th with nothing at all changed.I hope I'm proved wrong but...

What if everyone had that attitude? Then nothing would ever change.

It's not going to happen overnight. It could take years so we need to start now.

It has to start with YOU. Dare to struggle, dare to win, right?
edit on 22-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join