It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US files criminal charges against NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

US files criminal charges against NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden

www.guardian.co.uk

The US has filed espionage charges against the NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden and reports say authorities have requested that Hong Kong detain him for extradition. Legislators in Hong Kong responded by calling for mainland China to intervene in the case.

Snowden is reported to be in hiding in Hong Kong. The Washington Post said the US had asked the autonomous Chinese territory to detain the former NSA contractor on a provisional arrest warrent,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Edward Snowden Q&A: NSA whistleblower answers your questions
Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Most here expected this to happen sooner or later, Snowden is now officially charged with “unauthorized communication of national defense information” and “willful communication of classified communications intelligence information to an unauthorized person,” both charges were brought under the Espionage Act. in addition to theft of government property.
Each charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

Mr. Snowden, you said, you don't consider yourself a hero, but i and many others believe what you did was very brave and more importantly the right thing to do. You have my full support and i wish you all the strength you need for the critical times ahead.

To the US administration: It is high time to fundamentally reconsider your attitude towards the constitutional rights of the american public. If you continue down this path, you yourself will contribute the most to the revolutionary situation you so desperately trying to prevent.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

old news, posted on the 22nd?

hah
edit on 22-6-2013 by pyramidikal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pyramidikal

Yes, thanks mate. I checked for other posts, but obviously not good enough.

Mods, please delete. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

If what he said wasn't true, they wouldn't have charged him. I am more confident now that he's been charged that he was and is telling the truth.

new topics

top topics

join