It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the Skunk Works Hangars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
(JUST TO BE CLEAR, I HAVE NOT LITERALLY GONE INSIDE THE HANGARS. THIS WAS ONLY AN OUTSIDE VIEW OF THE INSIDE.)

So, yesterday night, i was driving along Sierra Hwy, by the Skunk Works Facility, and i was surprised that the West Side of the Main Hangar was open by one hangar door panel, and the smaller, but big hangar to the north of it was open too. Since i love aerospace and the military, i wanted to get a glimpse of what was in the hangar. While driving straight at the same time, i looked and there were some peculiar things i saw. Here are things i noticed, and saw.
1. I noticed that the ground of the inside was divided into what looked like small "workspaces"
2: I saw the wings of an F-22 Raptor, and a bit of the body.
3. I saw tails to an aircraft that look exactly almost like these on this future UAV, the VARIOUS.
defense-update.com...
4. I saw something inside the hangar that looked EXACTLY like this:
www.flickr.com... /photos/97797410@N02/9094760637/
It wasn't exactly that big as described in the picture, but small enough to fit inside of it.
5. I noticed that there was no people inside that i saw...probably there was, but i couldn't see it.

Also, the smaller, but yet big hangar to the north of the Main Hangar was almost completely open. Here were also the things i noticed there as well.
1. A giant C-5 Galaxy inside, but it had some orange markings on the body, but mainly on the engines.
2. A big Skunk Works logo on the wall inside the hangar, and an American Flag on the wall as well.

There was also things outside of those hangars on the tarmac, like an F-22, X-55 ACCA, and a C-130.

These were all the things i saw at the facility last night, and by golly, i was happy that night. But i still wonder about some of the things i saw in the main hangar....any guesses, anyone?
edit on 20-6-2013 by Blackbird2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The NSA should be knocking on your door in 3... 2... 1...

All "jokes" aside.

There is no telling what secret projects Skunkworks is up to. They keep those things tight lipped for a reason. Have to be 5 steps above where your enemy thinks you are.

Case and point the Stealth Fighters that were around since the 70's but not made public until the 90's.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Fenced off sections in the hanger(s) are pretty common. If there was an inflatable hanger inside there, you can bet something interesting was inside it. Did you see the VARIOUS tails peeking above a fenced off work area? It'd be interesting if true. There were rumours they might self-fund a demonstrator of sorts.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Yes, the tails that i think is the VARIOUS's was peeking out.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackbird2012

I couldn't get your flicker link to work. You might want to do it as an html link. Just click the "link" button, type the word you want to appear, and then put the URL.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Possible. Could be a mockup or a prototype of some sort. Might it have been a pair of F-35 tails instead? Similar, and they might be monkeying around with something on one. Do we know if the X-35C is still at Pax River? It might be a candidate...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Close, but in the first box, type something like "Mystery building", and in the second window put the link. That works, but it puts the entire link as the name of it. If you use a word it makes it shorter, but you can use either.

That is an interesting building though. It looks like some of the buildings for the stealths years ago.
edit on 6/20/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I don't think it's there anymore...but not that you mention it...it could have been F-35 tails...but the weird thing is that the tails looked like they were facing upward. Like when a jet takes off, and you see the aircraft move up in that position.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yep. Or, maybe that there is something inside it that it NEEDS to be covered up.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That's what they were using them for. The stealths were parked inside them.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

HTV-3X Blackswift Model @ Skunk Works

Or for something like this. ^^^

Even though Blackswift is over, i wonder why they would keep the model at the facility...maybe it's not really over?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

While there is a lot of speculation that it went black, there are a number of their projects that they've kept on display over the years. There are a couple of air parks at the facility that hold everything from an F-80, to an F-117, to an SR-71 (or A-12).

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I see. Considering the latest things happening at Plant 42, like the Skunk Works F-22 maintenance program moving to Hill AFB, and the old Boeing Integration Facility closing down, i would expect more or less activity to occur.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If Ole Ben Rich wasnt kidding us they have stuff that would rot your socks stashed away in those hangars......
I an fairly certain theres a deep black space program that sucks away NASAs funding regularly.....

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You never know....

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackbird2012

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That's over at the Palmdale Regional Airport. What's interesting is that right beside the building you pictured, there are two Boeing 787s that were retired after the testing program awaiting disassembly and final disposition.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

(JUST TO BE CLEAR, I HAVE NOT LITERALLY GONE INSIDE THE HANGARS. THIS WAS ONLY AN OUTSIDE VIEW OF THE INSIDE.)

So, yesterday night, i was driving along Sierra Hwy, by the Skunk Works Facility, and i was surprised that the West Side of the Main Hangar was open by one hangar door panel, and the smaller, but big hangar to the north of it was open too. Since i love aerospace and the military, i wanted to get a glimpse of what was in the hangar. While driving straight at the same time, i looked and there were some peculiar things i saw. Here are things i noticed, and saw.
1. I noticed that the ground of the inside was divided into what looked like small "workspaces"
2: I saw the wings of an F-22 Raptor, and a bit of the body.
3. I saw tails to an aircraft that look exactly almost like these on this future UAV, the VARIOUS.
defense-update.com...
4. I saw something inside the hangar that looked EXACTLY like this:
www.flickr.com... /photos/97797410@N02/9094760637/
It wasn't exactly that big as described in the picture, but small enough to fit inside of it.
5. I noticed that there was no people inside that i saw...probably there was, but i couldn't see it.

Also, the smaller, but yet big hangar to the north of the Main Hangar was almost completely open. Here were also the things i noticed there as well.
1. A giant C-5 Galaxy inside, but it had some orange markings on the body, but mainly on the engines.
2. A big Skunk Works logo on the wall inside the hangar, and an American Flag on the wall as well.

There was also things outside of those hangars on the tarmac, like an F-22, X-55 ACCA, and a C-130.

These were all the things i saw at the facility last night, and by golly, i was happy that night. But i still wonder about some of the things i saw in the main hangar....any guesses, anyone?

Here you go!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

And here are better photos of it, for you

<<   2 >>

join