It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another school bus accident today.....live dash cam video of accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This one hit close to home. So close, i heard the crash from my home. It was a teacher who works with my mom. Bus driver fell asleep, drifted entirely into other lane, hitting school teacher, who just left the school...the bus was going at a high rate of speed, the teachers car ended up spinning, which in turn, hit the deacon at the church, who happened to be mowing the lawn at the time. Teachers in surgery now.....sad day in our town today. I've counted 14 school bus accidents in our little town just this school year alone!!! Hope the live dash cam video works, as I never learned to imbed.....CAUTION: if your Squimish, please don't watch:

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Looks like the bus driver drifted over and clipped oncoming traffic... driver error...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I also got a lot of info off the scanner & my dad, who actually lives a few feet from the accident. I had problems with bus drivers when my older kids started h.s., so I decided, along with a few other moms, we are car pooling our children to & from h.s., when they start in a few years. Too many accidents with these buses!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Yes. They said the bus driver fell asleep....the teacher was airlifted to cooper, very very bad shape. Took them 45 minutes & the jaws to remove her....thank God, he had NO kids on the bus! Th saddest part is, it was the last day of school at moms school today.....everyone is just devastated. About 2 hours after the crash, the dispatcher was getting calls from family members of the victims, the families had no idea at that point what had happened....
edit on 6/17/13 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

The problem with companies like this is that even though busing is typically paid for by local government (or even federal grants for special needs), busing contracts tend to be a low-bid process. So what you end up with is a race to the bottom of the barrel as these companies do everything to cut operating costs. Not just problem drivers, but vehicles being poorly maintained, mechanics not even ASE certified, other supporting equipment and materials skipped out on or skimped upon. If the place isn't union, don't be surprised if it's minimum wage (or very close to it) too. Considering the pay and hours, it's only enough to float on if dependent on family or section 8, or perhaps just enough to help pad a retirement.

How do I know that? I happen to be a driver in student transportation. I drive vans, but the company also operates a few buses too. (Wont name the particular business I'm at though because I'm still working there. Not to mention there's about 100 people are dependent on them despite being somewhat shady in the way they do some things.) Unless you're out in the middle of nowhere, you're probably seeing the best quality drivers the company will have in a while because the economy is in the crapper right now. I know if things picked up where I'm at and could do what I went to college for, I'd be out of where I'm working in a heartbeat.

I don't blame you for wanting to drive your kids. But don't completely blame the drivers, they're at the bottom of the food chain in terms of conflicting priorities and lack of oversight that causes things like this.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

Dont misunderstand me. And I don't mean to offend bus drivers. No, this is the same damn company we've been dealing with for years now. This bus company is churning out some really bad bus drivers!! I've had to complain quite a few times to the same company!! I have respect for those drivers that take care of our kids!! Unfortunately, we only have one bussing company to deal with & I don't trust this company with my children's lives......I'm sure there are great companies out there, but not in this small town.

join