It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageously Poor African Country Wakes Up To Find This!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The scenario:

Some poor African country or other goes to sleep one day (you know what I mean - when it's all quiet and people are sleeping etc). They then wake up to find thousands and thousands of large army trucks replete with food, medicines, water. They also find large transport trucks replete with resources to build modern buildings and skyscrapers. They also find cranes (unassembled) and other equipment that can be used to make modern buildings. This is all unexplained - what or who is responsible is undetermined and unexplained. No other country in the world claims responsibility (obviously, nobody from Earth has done this in the space of one night and the amount of foods, medicines, water and resources and equipment is worth in excess of hundreds of billions of dollars).

How would you react? How would we as humans react? How would the world react?

P.S.

This type of scenario is particularly important, especially if I were an extraterrestrial/advanced human/human with advanced tech who didn't wish to reveal myself to Earth - kind of like a benevolent extraterrestrial who didn't want to meddle too much in Earth politics. In other words, I would have provided the materials and food and medicine and resources and equipment needed to construct modern successful societies, but not the know-how, meaning human ingenuity and striving would still be needed in order to learn and educate and gain experience.
edit on 6/16/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Are you from the NSA with all of this data mining and stuff??

*weeeeerrrrr* wino flies in.

Umm, if it's anything like the poverty stricken outback here, the infrastructure would be wasted and neglected and then ruined and then when the rest of the world saw the ruins of such nice things, everyone else would get the blame for letting them live in squalor.

Or they'd become the next Global super power and invade us for our ipods.

Oo

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the only threads I see you post are about 'what if' scenarios. You should really think about what you're posting because I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of seeing these. There is no contribution to the site- merely talk.

Please post more interesting things. I wish we still had the ignore function.....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
I'm sorry but the only threads I see you post are about 'what if' scenarios. You should really think about what you're posting because I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of seeing these. There is no contribution to the site- merely talk.

Please post more interesting things. I wish we still had the ignore function.....

This is "General Chit Chat", so one is allowed to post what they wish.

Secondly, you have, by your own volition, clicked on the thread. Nobody has *made* you click on it - you have done so yourself!

Thirdly, in my defense, I do indeed make other threads on other forums when I deem it necessary, but "General Chit Chat" is where I post general chit chat.

What can we conclude from all of this? We can conclude that you are being a bit silly and over the top. In short, I am having the last laugh because you have simply made a fool of yourself.
I shall also add some words of wisdom for your challenged mind - if you do not wish to read, do not read it. If you do not wish to see it, do not click on it. The internet is a mostly free domain and so are forums - nobody forces you to click on threads; so, really, you should be annoyed at yourself for making yourself click on my threads, rather than be annoyed/irritated at and by me!

Good luck in your endeavors fellow Earthling.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Rubadubdub thanks for the grub.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If I were the poor person, the thought of "who is going to put all this stuff together?" would cross my mind.

I see the good and the evil in it. Yay, a pile of stuff to build a society with. Whoa, you want me to do what? Who put you in charge?

In modern contexts it's like Oprah came to visit and gave everybody a new car...and they don't know how to drive cars, or their religion forbids cars, or hey cars but no gas, or wow roads full of plants in the way, and hey I can sell this thing and get a few goats for it, or this car is my daughter's dowry now, or this engine would be useful in something other than a car...etc. That's a challenge. You can't dictate what they'll do with it after you give a gift. Consider what caused the poorness in the first place.

It happens more often than what is read about. The donations land ashore, of food, clothes, medicine, drinking systems, and then a militant group monopolizes the resources and keeps it away from the ones who are seriously needy. That's one big problem with donations to Africa right now (other than the US is broke at the moment so the freebies aren't easy), the pirates and regimes with unique boundaries that are basically made to get a bribe out of the exchange. It's not all over Africa, I know there is a lot of good civilization and industry, but the donations aren't for people already taking care of themselves.

Isn't that idea what the aliens did with mankind, dumping technology and expecting humans to follow orders on assembling it?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Warlords would steal it all up and use it to subdue the innocents.... oh wait, they already do that.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Yeah, seems to be a lot of "What would you do?" scenarios lately.

OP, why are you so interested in what everyone else thinks?

What do YOU think?

Jude11

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Ignore button??

I also have it automatically hide the bar at the bottom of the screen. So I have to check U2Us manually.

I think this is the correct area for posts like the OPs tho. It's harmless imagination. It reminds me that not everything has to be a serious dire situation all the time, and provides something that you can choose to ignore by looking at what forum it is in before opening it. I'd go crazy if I opened every thread I knew I'd lose my bottle in OO

It's nice to smell the flowers, even in a dangerous jungle.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Ignore button??

I also have it automatically hide the bar at the bottom of the screen. So I have to check U2Us manually.

I think this is the correct area for posts like the OPs tho. It's harmless imagination. It reminds me that not everything has to be a serious dire situation all the time, and provides something that you can choose to ignore by looking at what forum it is in before opening it. I'd go crazy if I opened every thread I knew I'd lose my bottle in OO

It's nice to smell the flowers, even in a dangerous jungle.

I thank you Wino for your intelligent support and your reasoned words. It's too bad that others cannot be as rational and intelligent.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Publicly, someone would take credit for it, to not alarm the people.

Privately, they'd form a task force to find out who delivered it, why, and how. They'd also test the crap out of the materials, trucks, foodstuffs, etc.

We the public would never even know anything was amiss...if THEY did their jobs right.

Short of an alien landing on the White House lawn in the middle of a Press appearance, there are dozens of ways to coverup something like this. Even with the White House scenario, I can think of at least 3 different plausible scenarios that one could use for a coverup (along the practical joke line).
edit on 17-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think that would depend to a large extent on the government of the country who received this help.A sensible well-intentioned goverment who had the welfare of the population at heart,could really inspire it's citizens to make the most of the gift.A corrupt and self+serving government would missappropriate,steal,and use it to the advantage of the privileged few+their cronies.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Yeah, seems to be a lot of "What would you do?" scenarios lately.

OP, why are you so interested in what everyone else thinks?

What do YOU think?

Jude11

I've noticed that as well. Not for the first time, I've wondered if these aren't actual surveys for school course work or even commercial interest. The wording is always precise and carefully chosen, I've noticed. The subject matter, fairly consistent as well...but different enough to make the various sets of results valid in their own right. I'd feel a little data mined if I'd participated in answering more than the first one of these I saw.

It does make ya wonder at times.

new topics

top topics

join