It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO food is harming pigs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sadly yet another story that shows GMOs are not safe to eat
www.huffingtonpost.com...
A study has shown that pigs fed gmos suffer a higher rate of stomach inflation than ones that ate normal food. though they admit that more studies are needed. this is some of what they found

pigs that ate the GM diet had a higher rate of severe stomach inflammation - 32 percent of GM-fed pigs compared to 12 percent of non-GM-fed pigs. The inflammation was worse in GM-fed males compared to non-GM fed males by a factor of 4.0, and GM-fed females compared to non-GM-fed females by a factor of 2.2

So why is it that these companies claim gmo is safe when it harms other animals. If it harms animals that it very well could harm people

Wasn't sure where to put this thread so please move if needed
edit on 11-6-2013 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

Sorry but where is the story? You only posted a sentence with
out any information regarding the story nor what you have to
say about it. I am interested in the GMO affect on pigs but we need
the story & where you got the info...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

good to know....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

LOL! here's another thread about it

GMO Pig

link   
reply to post by Ektar

sorry but it posted the thread before I finished it but its all been edited now

link   
then we eats the pigs now put precious in the basket ??

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

sometimes 1 wonders is part of the upgrading or depletion process of a species related to its food intake... @ times when observing the GM foods and different textures then the thought natural it seems the process could support a developing world. But @ other times when data like this is shared it makes 1 wonder what the individuals who control these processes from top are thinking.. Are they trying to support or neglect?

Thanks for the share OP

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

My opinion is that the companies are trying to make massive amounts of money by controlling the food, and try to deny studies like this just to make the technology seem safe

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, then by all means don't feed it to the pigs. Pigs can eat a lot more than humans can.

It would seem that adding the genetics of BT or another microbe to a plant would definitely make it inflammatory when consumed. The big thing to understand is that the government is basing safety on sever short term effects, not on moderate long term effects. If you eat potatoes every day, they are inflammatory. When dealing with the soy protein, it is in a very lot of things nowadays. It is hard not to consume it every day......the protein contains the modification I'm guessing.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I can understand your point, makes sense money... Just hope there are intelligent minds overseeing these money making developments as they do seem sensitive enough if not taken serious to cause global issues, like new sicknesses or even infections that spread to non GM related creatures etc. And being that $$$ is the potential First priority 1 can see how some test and evals. can be left to be forgotten to further progress. Strange world where even the food is something you got to consider or worry about.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the edit & information. Hopefully this will draw some attention
to the people who think it's okay to eat GMO when I haven't really seen
anything positive. The one thing I really hope comes out of this 1st is
the labeling of GMO verses non GMO food. We should all have a choice.

Cheers
Ektar

Tlexlapoca thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This little piggy went to market,

This little piggy stayed at home,

This little piggy had roast beef,

This little piggy had none.

And this little piggy went...

"Wee wee wee" all the way to Monsanto to ask WHY IN GODS NAME?!

Oink Oink

edit on 11-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Has anyone bothered to actually read the paper?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure mass deaths of cows due to gmos has occured . They covered it up ,but there is some info on it floating around .
Shall I dig it up ?

Most of these animals are fed corn ,or a form of corn meal .Pigs chickens cows Turkey's . All corn is gmo so .
I'm not sure about soy by products ,which is also all gmo ,but I would guess so .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
On my cousins farm he has GM cows.
They are easy to tell apart from the normal cows as they have two small udders and only one large teat.
He says the milk is much more healthy and he gives it to me for free all of the time.
Look, I have a milk mustache

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

like I said in the post so many people are saying its safe but than these studies show it does harm to the animals and theres no way humans are safe from that damage

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
monsatan's goal is obviously the contamination and/or destruction of any and all food sources they don't have a stranglehold on

"no food shall be grown that monsanto doesn't own"

on a lighter note all this genome tampering may lead to situations like the following

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

like I said in the post so many people are saying its safe but than these studies show it does harm to the animals and theres no way humans are safe from that damage

Except that the study doesn't actually show that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Real foods are assimilated in our bodies in a way that science cannot replicate. We also can't create a human so messing with nature needs to stop. People will never be smarter than the great mother.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here are photos of cross sections of the pigs stomachs .
The link to the study directly ,is at the bottom of the article .
She had 168 pigs in the study ? I think that's the number. The results are pretty self explanitory .

www.naturalnews.com...

Lead author of the study Dr. Judy Carman stated, "We found these adverse effects when we fed the animals a mixture of crops containing three GM genes and the GM proteins that these genes produce. Yet no food regulator anywhere in the world requires a safety assessment for the possible toxic effects of mixtures. Our results provide clear evidence that regulators need to safety assess GM crops containing mixtures of GM genes, regardless of whether those genes occur in the one GM plant or in a mixture of GM plants eaten in the same meal, even if regulators have already assessed GM plants containing single GM genes in the mixture."
edit on 6/12/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join