It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Exercise... Social Programming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have been watching FOX news a lot lately.
Not because I enjoy their "News Coverage", but because they are the ONLY ONES who are giving the IRS Scandal fair coverage.

Right now Bill OReilly is on and they displayed a graphic looking at MSM news organizations coverage of the June 4th IRS Scandal at Capitol Hill.

They listed four "liberal" news outlets and how many minutes each organization spent on this CRITICAL ISSUE of Americans testifying to Congress about an overt abuse of power.
ABC: 0 minutes
NBC: 0 minutes
CNN: 3 minutes
MSNBC:: 3 minutes

Anybody have the ability to check these facts?
If OReilly is correct here it will literally be the first time I have ever agreed with him about anything.

Another interesting exercise would be to compare the approval ratings of admin competence as conducted by each media outlet vs the others not listed, like FOX.

I would expect a 20pt swing or better.
edit on 10-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

"If you ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist, then it'll go away."
-Scardy McDenial, Obama Administration Czar of Ignoring Major Political Scandals.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Precisely.
A distraction (NSA)) doesn't hurt either.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

My reply may have been flippant, but the intent wasn't.

So many get what they know just off a channel or two.

If the news doesn't say it, it doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly.
In my opinion this goes directly to the heart of all these issues.

Pick your battles and control the flow of information. Do that and the dumb "sheep" (cuz I can't cuss here) will forget all about it. This is social programming at its finest.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And conversely ,if you repeat it enough times ,it becomes truth .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

That is the Nazi approach to social programming. It proves itself true.

Problem is that it only shows itself to those who don't drink the kool aid. (most of us here)

For everyone else, if you get them alone, often times you can talk some sense into them, but in groups (watching CNN) they will follow the herd every time. And if their programmers (Wolf Blitzer)) aren't reporting it, it ain't real. Period.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not to be disrespectful of your angst at this situation. But dude dirty tricks have been played in politics forever. You think this is the first time the IRS scrutinized a 401C?? What about the political head hunt of Siegleman?? What about all the lives that have been destroyed by government agencies using the full force of all their resources against a United States Citizen who has done nothing wrong.

Here we have some tea party non-profits that went through some extra scrutiny. BFD. Seriously. That is the machine going after them not just the Obama administration. Establishment republicans are all about this action. Were there any Super Pacs that went through some extra scrutiny? I think not.

The republican party wants to rid themselves of the tea party crazies because mainstream Americans don't get down with their program. Look, there is never gonna be a third party accepted by the status quo. Aint. gonna. happen.

IMO our battles need to be picked. And this isn't one of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I respectfully disagree. There is serious meat in the IRS Scandal.

Any abuse of power is a serious ordeal, and all evidence keeps pushing this scandal closer and closer to the White House's front door.

However, this thread was meant to be more of an exploration of how the treatment of this scandal reflects upon the popular opinion of this administration.

The correlation is there and I feel it worthy to point out.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Personally, I'd like to see the Tea Party get rid of the republican "crazies".

But yes, all sides play the damned game. The only way to win is not to play by their rules.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, as she pointed out, the Tea Party is not gonna win an election any time soon. That I agree with.
Although I am at a bit of a loss as to how the Tea Party got drawn into it in the first place.

The post sorta smells like partisanship and I don't buy into that crap at all.

ETA: I mean, I could see the point if the IRS was targetting Tea Party organizations only, but that isn't the case. Conservative organizations in general appear to be the target. Not any specific organizations. And it wasn't just those seeking 401C status...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I've been moving FROM a more partisan standpoint to a standpoint where I'm against certain political ideologies.

I've been trying to break free of 5 decades of social programming.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I fast tracked my way out, but that is a subject for another thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

CNN was on the televisions at both Fort Walton Beach and DFW airports while I was traveling through a couple days ago and they wouldn't shut up about it.

3 minutes my... eye. You can't believe anything that any news outlet puts out. MSM or alternative. There's always an agenda.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

I think the graphic was specifically referring to live coverage, as it happened, on June 4th.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
For those interested, there is an interesting parallel here with McCarthy as well.

May make a nice thread.

new topics

top topics

join