It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard something really weird!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So i failed to walk my dog at the usual hour, because me and 2 friends were playing computer together, well when we stopped at 02:00 at night, i went outside to walk the dog. I went to a little forest like 200 meters from my house. Sat a bench ontop of the hill and relaxed, Then i heard a weird noise, like a mix of water and antlers brushing against eachother and there is no river or creek nearby. It's a REALLY hard noise to explain. The pattern of the noise was like when a person says rrrrrrrrrrr, not the same tone, but same pattern if u get what im saying.
So my dog sat down on its behind, and stared in the direction of the sound, it started moving towards me, i got up silently, and crouched, trying to spot it, the noise just grew closer, and the grass noises too. When it "sounded" like it was 10-15 meters away i whistled, got scared, turned around and went home. Told my friend, dragged him out of bed to walk with me, because i was so annoyed i chickened out

Friend thought it was a lapwing bird. But i listened to 50 lapwing samples some at night/mateing/call's.
None of them got even close to what that sound was.
MY THEORY! IT WAS A ALIEN xDDD

Who knows maybe it was a bird, but have anyone heard really weird somwhat similiar noises?

Sry if i posted wrong place!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sry for my poor grammar and explanation skills!
Gonna go to bed hope there is some answers tomorrow! gn

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Geese, walk your dog a little earlier next time. Before eleven you hardly hear any strange noises. The Taverns close about 2 AM. Drunks got to have a place to pee too, they can't be hanging it out in public.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Did it sound almost like a motor of sorts?
I used to hear a sound like that, I thought it was the motor to a neighbour's water dugout - stopping and starting.
Then one day I was walking through the woods, and saw a large bird, hanging onto a log flapping it's wings, making the sound I had heard.
Weird bird......

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I really hope you weren't expecting someone to come along and say: "Oh, sure. I know exactly what that was!" I mean, do you know how many sounds there are on Earth that could fit that exact description--even considering that you deprecated and disclaimed your own description?

But that's an entirely unhelpful response. So I'll just say: Oh, sure. I know exactly what that was! Insectoid aliens....!
edit on 6/10/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Darn. You almost won the Snipe Hunt...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I may know what the noise was. Someone was running a piece of cleaning equipment at a parking lot. Sound travels far at night and they run that equipment late at night. It makes a weird noise. Next time you're out at 2 am and hear it, head on over and look in whatever parking lot is near your location.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
theres no parking lots in forests geeze!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Only have heard 2 noises in my life so far that made me scared (but i've heard lots of weird noises). Anyway, one was in a room. Sounded like a dying baby. The other was outside at night. And I think it sounded like a dying baby too. I'm not sure. But it made me think of horror movies.

You know, everything is more scary and mysterious at night. Even conventional sounds are scary. For example, coyote's howling at night in a forest is scary if you're alone. It gets real dark at night in the forest. Almost pitch black. And you're always wondering if anything is following you.
edit on 11-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

i think im more useful to you. Yeah it was probably an alien.

Sounds like the same one i ran into.

iv got a thread on here check it out. i mimic the noises in this video
the one from the saucer hahahaah i dont care what you people think. we see aliens, deal with it

edit on 11-6-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey yeah i guess its pretty vague description
. So im gonna try to explain again now that i have gotten my nights sleep!.
It sounded like antlers brushing against eachothers (just alot more rapid, sorta like dolphin talk speed).
But the sounds was not the same pattern, some was clearer some was not. haha # it its impossible to explain. It was a really weird noise, and nothing man made. And it wasnt from somewere nearby, because i could hear the grass shuffling. And it was moving towards me. Both sounds got higher and higher... And it was really bright at night, so i could see decent. Couldnt see anything though, even though it sounded like it was 10 meters away from me.
Anyways
just wanted to share, and hope someone else had experienced something similiar. Im gonna walk up there around same time tonight and listen again! This time i wont chicken out. MIGHT EVEN bring a camera!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

That my friend was a unicorn farting! What else?

Sorry, I just had to. But in all honesty, with a vague description like that, there is no way you can get a valid answer here.

I have heard deer at night during mating season, and they make all kinds of funny noises. But to pinpoint a certain animal or whatever to that description seems impossible to me.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Possibly a jackalope brushing its teeth before bed?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Only have heard 2 noises in my life so far that made me scared (but i've heard lots of weird noises). Anyway, one was in a room. Sounded like a dying baby. The other was outside at night. And I think it sounded like a dying baby too. I'm not sure. But it made me think of horror movies.

You know, everything is more scary and mysterious at night. Even conventional sounds are scary. For example, coyote's howling at night in a forest is scary if you're alone. It gets real dark at night in the forest. Almost pitch black. And you're always wondering if anything is following you.
edit on 11-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
wait till you here me first ciggy of the morning thats real scary

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
When I was about 11, my family went camping for an entire summer. My stepbrother used to go on hikes and I would tag along. Once when we got probably the furthest away from our camp as we had ever been, up in the mountains at Chinook Pass in WA state, we heard a chorus of animals, sounded like a bunch of sheep and moose, it sounded like at least 10 or 20 animals going at once. It went for maybe 10 or 20 seconds then stopped as suddenly as it started, and then nothing, not a peep. No gunshots or any other sound to explain the sudden stop. It was very strange and I asked my 17 year old stepbrother what the heck was that and he just said he had no idea. I told the rest of my family back at camp and they just laughed it off... Never heard anything like it. It sounded like it was about 50 feet away. Strange...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnkie
Hey yeah i guess its pretty vague description
. So im gonna try to explain again now that i have gotten my nights sleep!.
It sounded like antlers brushing against eachothers (just alot more rapid, sorta like dolphin talk speed).
But the sounds was not the same pattern, some was clearer some was not. haha # it its impossible to explain. It was a really weird noise, and nothing man made. And it wasnt from somewere nearby, because i could hear the grass shuffling. And it was moving towards me. Both sounds got higher and higher... And it was really bright at night, so i could see decent. Couldnt see anything though, even though it sounded like it was 10 meters away from me.
Anyways
just wanted to share, and hope someone else had experienced something similiar. Im gonna walk up there around same time tonight and listen again! This time i wont chicken out. MIGHT EVEN bring a camera!

Maybe it was some insectoid alien speaking. Was it random or just a steady dolphin speed clacking sound? If it was random, maybe speech... If steady, maybe the sound it makes when it moves? Or maybe some kids playing with some noisemaker toy trying to scare you?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Tbh it sounded like speech, it was dolphin talk speed, maybe alittle faster, sounded like i would imagine a insectoid alien would sound like. It freaked me out, and yesterday night i was up there again twice, at 01 and 02 at night. Nothing out of the ordinary happened though
HOPE IMMA SEE MYSELF A LITTLE GREEN SPACEMAN!.

Your'e story sounds really weird too
maybe thats how sasquatch sounds!?

Hope ill experience something weird, ill notify you if something weird happens.

And in regards to my poor explanation, yeah its pretty much impossible to describe that sound, now ive listened to wast amounts of bird sound samples, birds that lives in my country none the less. And nothing gets close. Not deers / foxes and w/e.
Hopefully it will swing by again and let me record it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
sometimes i hear really weird sounds coming from my computer, even when it's completely off. i think that it might be something cybernatural, like a ghost or a demon, but i don't know if that's possible. can ghosts or demons communicate through computers of the internet? do cybernatural entities exist?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StarbuckWhale

Man I'd like $5.00 worth of what your smokin'

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StarbuckWhale

Hehe that sure sounds weird
ive read about iphones doing stuff when shut down, and ipod's.

In regards to my weird experience.

So i got 2x movies with seth rogen, because i randomely watched a movie with him on tv. One of the movies was Paul where he plays an alien. At around 1:28:35 in the movie, he speaks in alien language.
The sound i heard sounded just like that, just less dark tones, and more constant sound, no breaks in talk for 15-20 sec at a time.
Went up there again yesterday night, nothing happened, but was sorta spooky haha

new topics

top topics

join