It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: What will happen next ... ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Now that we have about a dozen scandals, what will happen next?

I haven't seen any real outcry .. no mass demonstration .. no violent clashes .. no real change.

Clearly this administration is unfit to lead the country - or are they? It seems there is a more or less silent support of it - there is no real outrage from the Republicans or even Democrats - regardless the politic affiliation, it should shock anyone how much wrong goes on in the US and I would suspect a major outcry or is it just that the people are so burned that they don't even won't to deal with it.

Yeah, it seems that talking with people that most of them are pretty much done .. "leave-me-alone"-mentality or is that the actual strategy behind all of this: Desensitizing by throwing scandal after scandal on the people. After that, no one will question anything anymore and those who do either get put down or are being laughed at - stamped as "nut jobs".

So what will happen next?

I don't think that there is any option other then impeachment of the President and certain key people. If that doesn't have grounds then we need to sought re-election based on the ground that the original election was flawed by the information with-held to the public about the current president and it's administration. There are many voters who voted for this administration who feel mislead and scammed now that certain information is brought to their attention. It would be fair to say that these information have been withheld on purpose to ensure that the public won't make their decisions based on (then) "recent events". Fair enough but it's those moments which show the true face of people.

So again, what will happen next?

Real Outcry and Action - or will everything just slowly fade away?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Obama could go on national news tonight and declare all out war on the US citizen and you still wouldn't see much of an outcry from the masses. Sure there would be plenty of po'd people, the ones that are actually awake to the destruction of our Constitution, way of life, liberties, and nation but the vast majority wouldn't care.

Now if you want to see mass public outcry let the government announce they are shutting down the internet or cable TV, or let em announce that they are taking away free cell phones, TS would HTF then.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

People will do, what they have done the last 12 years, nothing that rocks the status quo of the system. Not until the dollar collapses and ppl go hungry will u see revolution and civil war that brings down the government and its elite henchmen. Until then you will only see scandals, ppl nodding in silence as they walk pass eachother with their face burried in an iphone or samsung.

This is a world not suited for freedom lovers anymore. One could ask, what really happened to the human spirit. When did it decide to lie down and just die?
edit on 10-6-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Obama will leave office on January 20, 2017. His second term being over, and someone else will be in charge. They will do the same things this administration are doing.

Wash rinse and repeat.

People want real change? All they have to do is elect 3rd party people instead of these two parties.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

Well if I had to take a guess, in about 3 to 4 months the Zimmerman murder case will come to a close and if a not guilty verdict is announced I wouldn't want to be in downtown part of a major metropolitan area without personal protection that afternoon.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You forgot. We need a new congress and senate. No one over 55 allowed to be elected. Out with all old farts that are tired of life and corrupt to the core by the private sector. Put a stop to lobbying in congress and much of the corruption will vanish. US will regain its color and what once was a walking dead will now regain an appetite for a genuine greatness.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Majority Of Americans Don't Mind Being Spied Upon, Pew Study Finds

Most Americans back NSA tracking phone records, prioritize probes over privacy

What we need to do is to take this country back by forc...ooooohhh, Dancing with the Idols is on!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When I see comments like "the people didn't know and voted in good faith that he was what he said he was" It seriously bothers me. Obama reminds me of a good salesman. He gave a speech in 2008 (when campaigning) to say we needed to lay off Iran. His aides told him that wouldn't go over well so the next spech he switched it entirely to say we need to have tougher sanctions on Iran. If I look hard enough I bet I can find the article on this. A friend of mine was at one of the rally's.

People need to make decisions not on emotions or what someone's words are but look for red flags to begin with. It was fairly clear at the get go that we were hearing everything he and his aids wanted us to hear. It was so clear to me I was astounded it wasn't to others. If its too good to be true it probably is.

If a president makes promises look at those and ask how realistic they are to obtain. Are all of them possible in 4 years or is there a promise in there for everyone? Does one promise contradict another? If so its a bunch of BS

If a president contradicts himself - run the other way.

If a president has a slogan that is ambiguous (change) dig deeper

Unfortunately they all are a bunch of salesman anymore - all playing with the publics emotions. It isn't easy but I start by having the above things in mind with my decisions. Its out of style to campaign as these people do but the people seem to like getting a good circus. I prefer the guy who does "not" tell me everything I want to hear - who has goals but lays it out straight, and who maybe does not turn into a big cheese in front of the camera (maybe not so arrogant but just normal - even if isn't on cue every moment).

edit on 10-6-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

No one over 55 allowed to be elected. Out with all old farts that are tired of life and corrupt to the core by the private sector. Put a stop to lobbying in congress and much of the corruption will vanish.

Because EVERYONE under 55 is honest and free of corruption. And no more lobbying. By the way, emailing, calling, writing, asking questions at a town-hall meeting, speaking to in public or privately or any contact what-so-ever to voice grievances is by definition "Lobbying". So yes lets stop all that ugly corruption as well.

This is what goes for intelligent political thought today?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyandi
So again, what will happen next?
Real Outcry and Action - or will everything just slowly fade away?

I am afraid Obama is in real danger. And no, i am not really a fan of him...

This whole Snowden Prism NSA leak story is simply to polished.

The NSA does just the same they ever did since the 1920s when they were known as "the Black Chamber". So what? Somebody had illusions?

When Kennedy was killed he became an american martyr. This time they could try to kill a reputation first.

Obama didnt follow his masters voice. Thats all.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Bilderbergers had some big data smalltalk this weekend. What did they decide?

And yes, hope they all read this! Do i need some more keywords?

edit on 10-6-2013 by greyhat because: gramma

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

It's not the age of the people that's the problem, it's the time in office. These people make careers out of being elected and re elected over and over again, they become rich beyond normal people's wildest dreams.

What needs to happen is term limits, campaign finance reform, and lobby reform. How we can do this is through an amendment to the constitution. Which wouldn't have to go through congress at all to get passed. 2/3rds of the several states would have to pass it and we could bypass congress completely.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The corruption is way too systemic and deep to do anything about it anymore. It's way too far gone. Nothing short of a military coup is going to end this. And that ain't gonna happen.

WWIII, now THAT is going to happen. When the smoke clears, not much will have changed. The same cast of sleazebags will be in office. But look, football!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
ObamaCare in full swing in January that's what's next.

Wait for the corruption and "below the law" dealings and scams to get exposed.

We ain't seen nuthin yet.

Watch for a Republican landslide in November 2014.

Never forget this famous quote of the century:

Nov 5th, 2012 “After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.”

~Valerie Jarrett

Most videos of Her saying this have been quashed. No surprise.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I think this brings it really to a point. It's not only Obama and that's why I said "key-people" - today it's a whole network and I bet not even an Obama knows exactly what's going on deep below him. How easy is it to hide in a system like that and follow it's own "private" agenda? I believe very easy and in the end it doesn't really matter who in charge is because the entire system has an fundamental issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I haven't seen any real outcry .. no mass demonstration .. no violent clashes .. no real change.

There won't be no "major" outcry, demonstration or "violent clashes" since this is not the typical US American mentality. if so, I would be very surprised.

My hopes are more that outcries will come from other countries, for example Germany where it was just revealed that it is the "most spied upon" country - where privacy is taken VERY, VERY seriously.

Furthermore, what is all that "impeachment" talk?

It seems people are screaming "impeach Obama" without even knowing the involvement of THIS government. So..people are screaming "Impeach that liberal bastard and throw all the other libs into prison as well".....which is ASSUMING that another government would have a strong opposition against a project such as PRISM...but that this nothing but a naive assumption.

For what it's worth, in a parallel universe Mitt Romney would be president and might actually far, far more endorse and support such actions by the NSA..or do you think a hardcore rep like him or any other would automatically oppose it?

Also..wasn't the patriot act signed in by Bush? So what? Let's impeach Obama and replace him with...WHOM? Tell me...and think that through first...or are you just screaming "Impeach Obama" since you otherwise don't know what else to scream? Do you think Mitt would have strongly opposed what the NSA does? Lol!

edit on 10-6-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptChaos

I think this brings it really to a point. It's not only Obama and that's why I said "key-people" - today it's a whole network and I bet not even an Obama knows exactly what's going on deep below him.

OF COURSE NOT.

Cheezus, the NSA could even spy on him, as the whistle-blower in the interview also pointed out nicely.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

People want real change? All they have to do is elect 3rd party people instead of these two parties.

The people who count the vote won't allow that to happen.

What we have is:

One party masquerading as two.

One unified branch of government masquerading as three separate branches.

Fifty states with invisible boundaries that must operate under one set of banking rules with one legal tender.

Three hundred and forty million (approximately) 14th amendment federalized clones.

Real change means secession for one purpose: to free ourselves from the masked bandits at the masquerade party.
edit on 10-6-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Real change means secession for one purpose: to free ourselves from the masked bandits at the masquerade party.

Might I suggest Somalia? I hear it's nice this time of year, all the people you can catch kill and eat.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by frazzle

Might I suggest Somalia? I hear it's nice this time of year, all the people you can catch kill and eat.

What does Somalia have to do with the tenth amendment? What does Somalia have to do with American states developing a public banking system that isn't designed to take your earnings and give them to the powerful few who OWN the private, for profit banking system you that currently live under?

www.publicbankinginstitute.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
never let a good crisis go to waste....that is exactly what the govt is gunna do...the american public was momentarily nudge from its regular programing and will now go back to sleep. americans lives are too comfortable for them to actually do anything...what happened to protesting like that against the vietnam war? where has that kind of thought from the public of accountablity and emotion gone to? as long as americans have thier gadgets and facebook and internet and handouts and some money...they will be as happy as a little clam.

with all the scandels that have come out..it is pretty obvious that the point of no return has been crossed..the public just doesnt care about anything other than thier little bit of personel comfort and the govt can really do whatever it wants with out any public outcry or demonstrations. so much for land of the free and home of the brave

<<   2 >>

join