It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Spirit Philosphy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is a mixture of a story and philosophy..
Maybe it needs to go into the short story section...

Do you remember being born? I do; and this is the story of how I nurtured and abandoned my free spirit.
You might ask yourself why anyone would want to abandon their free spirit. It is not a lesson in want but a lesson in many elements and many levels of spiritual education.

A long time ago, dream messenger appeared, glowing in ethereal light and transparency. Creating images in the infants head, she will see and remember the reason behind desire in physical re-manifestation.

“Be FREE in your spirit.” I heard the messenger say. All sensory experiences are open to you. It is a gift. You will remember being a part of an ocean of souls in a collective cauldron of energy. You will be able to visit us whenever you like through the astral plane. We are here when you think of us, as a parent watches its children. We will offer help at all times. But it is up to you to accept our help.”

Many years later….
In reviewing your life, full of negative feelings directly related to this human experience…

FEAR
ANGER
ISOLATION
VULNERABILITY
HATE

You learned real young to let it all out! You know to give it the direct attention it requires then give it a goodbye forever!
FOREVER

That is the secret to living a free spirit, being able to say goodbye to every harsh criticism, feeling of rejection, sadness and sorrow caused by experiencing what it is to have true emotion and then not have to worry over it.….

And I just cannot do it any longer….
Now I am just Spirit Incarnate
edit on 9-6-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

The next story will be about the benefits of gratitude and positive emotions and feelings

edit on 9-6-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Perhaps you'll answer this in the next story, but, why do so many people think fear, pain, and hate are unnecessary or expendable; yet believe that their opposites: peace, pleasure, and love are so interwoven within the spirit of man and the Universe?

Take pain for example, here's a quote from one of my favorite writers concerning pain and its place in our lives:

Pain isn't a lot of fun, at least not for most folks, but it is utterly unique to life. Pain—physical, emotional, and otherwise—is the shadow cast by everything you want out of life, the alternative to the result you were hoping for, and the inevitable creator of strength. From the pain of our failures we learn to be better, stronger, greater than what we were before. Pain is there to tell us that we've done something badly—it's a teacher, a guide, one that is always there to both warn us of our limitations and to challenge us to overcome them. For something no one likes, pain does us a whole heck of a lot of good.

Pain is absolutely instrumental to our lives, without it we would never know the need to strive for better, to seek peace, to want calm and comfort. Pain is an absolute motivator.

The same can be said for anger. Anger is a tool, it matters only how it is used, not that it exists. Righteous anger, vengeance, wrath... those all being examples of poignant times when hatred is beneficial.

So, my question has always been: what benefit is there in discarding pain, hatred, anger, but holding on to their opposites? Is that really a holistic system when you discard half the pieces?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Do you remember being born? I do

Actually, NO, you don't...

You need Language to form memories, otherwise how would you perceive anything..?

That is the secret to living a free spirit, being able to say goodbye to every harsh criticism

Goodbye...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Its a story or did you miss the very first sentence in the thread...everyone is so serious all the time.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Do you remember being born? I do

Actually, NO, you don't...

You need Language to form memories, otherwise how would you perceive anything..?

Things can be seen and remembered even if you don't have a word to "label" them. You can always look back to an experience.

If it were true that we need language to form memories, then it would be impossible to learn anything because first we need to see something as "existing" before we can give it a label.

If no one ever saw an "apple" before then the word "apple" probably wouldn't exist.

It's because we saw the apple that we can give it a label and name it "apple"

================================

To respond to the original post...

With every thought and action. The intention is either to "TAKE" something or to "GIVE" something...

This is true whether it is physical or abstract...

Money, Power, Knowledge, Affection, etc...

Are you a "Giver" or a "Taker" or you just living in randomness doing whatever you will in the moment?
edit on 10-6-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Actually you said a mixture of story and philosophy. While I can't speak for Facelift, I'm interested in the philosophy element. Any philosophy worth its weight ought to be able to withstand scrutiny from those interested in the mechanics by which it operates.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by facelift

Its a story or did you miss the very first sentence in the thread...everyone is so serious all the time.

facelift sounded serious to you? Not to me...

Excited or enthusiastic maybe. Maybe people are serious because it takes that to make it in this world, or maybe they know understand takes the exact same thing. Maybe this is a good place to be serious because the definition of serious is thoughtful. And maybe the ego simply rejects anybody who is telling them truth.

These black clouds of gas cover the soul in vast distances of space. Fear and those negative things may lead to the feeling, but I am not sure that once the clouds are there immediately you can call them out. Chanting maybe.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Ignore me......
I just wanted to write...maybe I need to find a new venue...Like a hand held diary.

top topics

join