It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Conspiracy Theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
For example: 8 pages on a thread would = 160 posts, based on 20 posts per page. (fact)

ATS has millions of members....

Why are there so few people who respond to threads? If ATS did indeed have millions of registered users why is it not even a quarter of them post? Are they scared? Or are users of ATS being segregated into groups with like minds and each group has different thread showings.. Is ATS being forced to segregate users encase a mass shooting happens so "they" can find out if the member was of ATS?

I have noticed this ever since the Gabrielle Giffords shooting. Anyone else? I also noticed most threads stop at page 4...... Not to mention the lack of threads.
edit on 7-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
*raises eyebrow*

I'm too new here to comment on this as far as what went on before ,but I think many people lurk .
There may be more members,but fewer post ?

Also ,many other forums have this phenom . Certain topics pique everyone's interest ,and some do not inspire debate .

It's a crap shoot really.
Some items you find massively interesting get barely any replies ,and something that seems mundane sets everyone on fire .

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

How the Hell did you Extrapolate that Conclusion? . .. .. ?

Where did you get the "Millions" firgure ?

There is No Such thing here.

Have you ever looked at the Member list?

EDIT:

If you look at the details you will see that the traffic is about the same Always. Certain groups login during different times of the day. Some don't login un the weekends. So all the responses you are seeing for the "Mundane" thread is it is because it is what is current when they are logged in.
edit on 7-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey.

First of all, you can see ATS statistics down the right hand side of the 'forums' tab.

ATS does not have millions of members, but rather it has 284,446 members:

Total Members: 284,446

Right now though, there are only 310 members logged in, with 2,625 guests lurking the website.

2,625 guests visiting right now.

310 members logged in right now.

---

While it may seem odd that ATS has 284,446 members, with only an average of 300 visiting at any time, it is probably for the most part, normal. This is because ATS has a long history, picking up members since the late 90's. It would also be normal to assume that a lot of members who were here 10 or more years ago are no longer. Furthermore, a lot of members prefer to lurk, rather than log in...

I don't believe there is a conspiracy in regards to this.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm new here too. But it seems that everything is laid out well enough to answer the questions posed by this thread.
The number of members being about 280k with perhaps 300+ logged in at once, perhaps more if "something was happening," seems pretty impressive to me.
However, I've already seen that some threads have hundreds of pages.
I think that most likely, ATS members weed out conversations that needn't continue from ones that should.
I look forward to reading more, but like most members, I'm was a long time lurker before diving in.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Heres to the three hundred.

They travel with their fingers poised just above their keyboard, ready to draw and fire at a moments notice.

In a another world, they are the ones in the club that buy a drink and move around the room, talking to people at different tables they don't even know.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Naw, I'd wager there hasn't even been 1 million unique IP addresses that have visited this site in its history.

I think the biggest reason that there are few responses is because it's not necessary. The site doesn't need millions of members posting the exact same sentiments about a topic.

(By the way, a lot of people register to respond to a few threads and then never seem to log in again. Many probably register with the intent not to stick around. I'm not sure if the site counts banned members as members, but I suspect a lot of the banned members have simply come back under different usernames. In other words, maybe it's just the same 300 who have been banned about 284,000 times
)

edit on 8-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Some came for elecection purposes too, on all sides, to fan the flames, but a lot of Obama supporters have vanished or been banned since just prior to, or just after the elections.

There are also certain people you can dog whistle "out" by using keywords or topics, and that will be the only place or topic they post on. Particularly, Obama's birth certificate and that entire encompassing topic. Just using that as an example, but it happens with other topics too, like 9/11 forums, etc.

Usually, they end up trolling hard enough that they get banned, as can be seen from history. Once they deem their "work" done, like the election trollers, I doubt they come back. With many, it is evident they come with a purpose, and community is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yikes. I was going by indepth whois database information. I see now it is a overall count for the ATS timeline.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Just a shout out that I really like your avatar

top topics

join