It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Heroes - Two Marines Stand Their Ground – Must Read!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Let me put it like this

Two guys are posted to protect your family

Regardless of whether you asked for it or not

They have a choice....................stand firm and protect ................ or run

Which would you prefer ?

Cody

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I'll make it easy for you

True Heroes - Two Marines Stand Their Ground

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Semper Fi!

All gave some, some gave all

To the haters on here that always want to scream "Blood for oil!' Please do your friggin homework!

America gets less thatn 2% of its oil from Iraq, the largest majority of our oil comes from Canada, South America, and right here in the Godd Ole USA. In fact within the next 2 years America will become the largest non OPEC oil producing nation on earth. Last year America's biggest export was natural gas and 58% of our oil consumption was domestic oil.

I know this because I work in the oilfields of the Bakken everyday and I see many of the reports and I have spent the last 9 years of my life working in the oil industry all over the world. I worked in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and all around the Persian gulf in the oil industry and can tell you that about 90% of middle eastern oil goes to the European Union.

The motto of ATS used to be "Deny Ignorance" but of late I am starting to think that it needs to be changed to "We embrace ignorance".

Really people get your facts straight before you go typing a bunch of babbling BS and dishonor people that have given their lives in an attempt to make this country safe. I've seen kids 19, 20, 21 years old with their arms and legs blown off or their bodies mangled beyond recognition all in an attempt to stop the spread of the radical groups like the Taliban and others that want to destroy America because we are the "Great Infidels" and don't subscribe to their religious teachings. It really gets my blood boiling when I see ignorant people and their "Blood for oil" comments.

Let me say this, to all of you who think this country is so evil and terrible and that we invade other countries for oil when we have more oil in ND, SD, and MT than Saudi Arabia.....you do realize no one is forcing you to stay here right?

You are more than free to pack your # and leave.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Semper Fi.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I really have to say something. First, I'll put all my cards on the proverbial table. I am not pro-military. Murder is murder. If everyone worldwide would drop their weapons and refuse to fight, what would our leaders do? What quarrel do they really have with each other?

But people won't drop their weapons. And some people really are viciously cruel and violent. Some people really do make having a courageous military necessary. Are there some bad apples? Yeah. But there were some Germans who had Jews doing forced labor for them in factories, who eventually used this position to save their lives. There are some bad doctors, but health care is a good thing. Analogy is hard for some people to grasp. It's lost on them.
"Oh, well the war is for oil and blahblah" who gives a #? Which military personnel enlisted because they wanted to help the US secure oil and grow opium? #ing zero.

Shut up. Please. Don't insult the military. And this is NOT because of this sentiment:
"Hey those people DIED, show some respect". That's equally stupid. Sometimes people die and don't deserve respect and it's not insensitive to make remarks.

The fact is, almost all of them are willing to lay down their lives for whatever potential threat develops.

These two marines DO deserve respect and it IS insensitive to say anything to the contrary.
I've never believed our military is protecting OUR freedom over in the middle east. But they ARE WILLING TO. They ARE there to see that we don't get attacked on U.S. soil.

Louis C.K said it best:
"This man is giving his life for his country he thinks. But that's good enough. Everyone in his whole life system has told him it's a good thing to do and it's scary but he's doing it anyway"

Please keep in mind that even though self-preservation is the highest law, sometimes this extends beyond the individual-self and to the species-as-a-whole-self. They died protecting other people including Iraqis. The greatest good is the most moral thing to do. The greatest good is protecting many lives instead of saving your own skin, if saving your own skin will cost many others their lives.

TO ALL WHO CRITICIZE OUR MILITARY:

How well would you sleep at night if you were in this position, and you escaped several others died?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xnibiru

The true tragedy of our war with evil is that the bravest, the best, the fittest, the strongest and the fathers of a generation that may now never be borne are being killed like this by the lowest and most cowardly brainwashed zombies that are so far beneath human nature.

God bless these two young brave men and all there brothers and sisters that have died fighting a police action and having there true potential restrained by a bunch of lilly livered idiots in government whom will not allow them to fight weapons free, that war would have been over in 6 months with total annihilation if only our leaders had allowed true soldiers to make the decision's.

This war has only inflamed these terrorists and made them more determined to destroy us and our way of life, remember it was they whom made the first strike but we could have levelled them long ago but for the political image of western leaders that has been paid in the needless blood of our children because they want to be seen as goody two shoes humanitarian's and be invited to the best political party's and lucrative corporate deal's.

How many more.
edit on 7-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Too bad our American politicians don't learn more from the troops they send into combat. Very few politicians know anything of honor, pride, humility, honesty, or commitment.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Marines are conditioned to take the initiative and do what is needed to be done... I've seen a Captain tell a #hit bird lance corporal "The company is yours" because he had taken the initiative to do something that needed to be done.... Marines are a lot different than other people serving in other branches of the military. Not many people would die for anyone that wouldn't give up their life for another but a Marine knows that an other Marine would... They aren't dying for the country but to prevent other Marines from dying.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xnibiru

A moving story a bout two young brave marines died for the their honour and the safe of others. After reading the story my heart is wrenching but full of admirations for the two courageous marines. Maybe some people would think they were so stupid when not running to save their own lives instead of dying like that. But I don't think so. [color=cyan] Their noble sarifice for others' safety is something making heroes differnent from cowards.
America military needs more people like you - two young heroes. Rest in peace!

[color=cyan] 1 would feel that their Services To Others (sto) is was appreciated by those they protected as they dedicated their lives here for the protection of others, Respects... R.I.P to those who rest who have died supporting the lives / agenda of others.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 6/7/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They did what they think was right and that I can respect. But true hero is the ones who end the madness and make sure this insanity ends.

US is still both creating the problem they need for making what they want. If they wanted to solve the Salafi problem then they are attacking the wrong targets. Iran is not the problem and is Shia the opposite of the Sunni Salafi/Wahhabism movement. The cause of all this fundamentalism is Saudi Arabias rulers that are pumping money to spread this fundamentalism.

It is like 75% of all Christians suddenly became Westboro baptist church goers and started attack all other versions of Christian affiliation for heresy.

This war is needed for as an example giving reason to spend money on military. The US citizens are being played and in the end you will have to pay the debts that your politicians have wasted because the 1% will move on from your country while you will become wage slaves.

www.usdebtclock.org...

US Total Debt
59 641 718 000 000 dollars
Total Debt per person
188 741 dollar
Personal Debt
15 990 542 000 000 dollars
Personal Debt per person
50 605

Insanity. If someone took 188 741 dollars from me I would have been pissed. But in the US it is: Two marines are heroes because they stand their ground following orders (from the robbers in the biggest heist that have ever been). Are we not proud to be part of this glorious country run by thieves. I wish those Marines would arrest all politicians instead and put them either in jail or mental institute where 99% of them belong. That might solve some real problems.
edit on 7-6-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

It's so sad. Some selfish cowards want to build their images on others' blood. It is really inhumane and a shame.
Stop this insane war so that we don't have to see more needless blood.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Xnibiru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Its a good post.

Now, its funny how many people have to chirp about how these two soldiers aren't heros and then have to get into the whole bigger picture of the war.

What they seem to not undersand is these soldiers had the fortitude to stay put and do what was required of them to keep safe their brothers.

Regardless of the war and which side is unjust ect... ect... these soldiers are more capable then their civy counterparts back home.
These soldiers would defend their own with their lives.

What would the average north american sitting at home do for their own? Aparently not much, because look at the state of their country. Clearly no one is willing, or ready to sacrifice themselves for their neighbours. Look at the people on this website, they sure can talk the talk, gripe and complain about the evils of their government, but none of them have the fortitude nor the balls to act like these same men. I suppose things will have to get really rough before you all clue in and realize you are all stronger unified then divided. But by the time that train of thought kicks in it will be too late.

To the ones who have nothing to say out of respect for these men that died. You are the scared ones. The weak ones. The selfish ones. You are not worthy to have what you have. When your life comes to an end, what will be your legacy? How will you be remembered? How many will be at your funeral to say their goodbyes with teary eyes?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

You said it well my friend.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xnibiru

All I can say WOW.

Those are your heroes. Not every soldier fighting in Afghan or Iraq is a hero just as not every cop or fire fighter is a hero.

Those men stood their ground and faced the enemy and paid the ultimate price.

I'm hoping the navy cross medal is right up at the top of the food chain of medals.

Only a fool wants to die a hero, but if die we must.....

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE666OCCULT
Here come the hippies and America haters.

These men didn't choose the situation they were put into, they did not choose to declare a war, they just signed up to fight it so YOU or your BROTHER or your FATHER didn't get drafted.

Show some respect.

Just like blackwter, Those men didn't choose the situation they were put into, they did not choose to declare a war, they just signed up to fight it so YOU or your BROTHER or your FATHER didn't get the well paying job.
There is no difference, if you see the direction the company ....err country is going and still come on board, you have nobody to blame but yourself.
Sad that so many cannot just see this...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xnibiru

Outstanding catch and share, OP.

If that doesn't define self sacrifice and honor, I don't know what does. Many people in this world serve in a military of one stripe or another. Precious few become United States Marines. It may sound corny, but being related to one closely, it's not corny to me. God Bless them and the best thing I can find about this story is that their fate was instant. They probably never even knew what happened before finding themselves standing post on the streets of Heaven, as their song goes.

This isn't meant for non-Americans or those who dislike or even hate our Military. This is meant for those who appreciate it's message ...and in memory of the two brave men this thread is about.

Thanks OP. Star and Flag, without question.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hell of a read. May those brave Marines RIP and may their heroic deed be told for eternity.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join