It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack' (London)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

An Islamic centre in north London has been destroyed by a fire in an apparent racially motivated attack.

A spokesman said the letters EDL (English Defence League) were sprayed on to the building, used by the Somali Bravanese Welfare Association.

BBC News

At approximately 3.15AM tuesday night, fire fighters were called to put out the flames of this islamic community centre.

Obviously the first thing the police are going to do is treat it as a racist attack. I hate to admit it but i think they can call this a racist attack on this occasion. Two men have been changed over the incident.
This has to be one of the most pointless acts of vandalism/arson ever committed. Who the hell wants to live in a war zone? What if muslims were stupid enough to start setting other peoples community centre's on fire as an act of revenge?

What i find really sad is that the kids are always going to know that they're community centre was purposely targeted because of the faith/race they were born into - This will surely aid in breeding opposing racist views against white people in general.

What the hell happened to respect??

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Religion, just another way of dividing peoples that would have never had a problem with each other.
Silly that we fight each other yet, never look to see who does the division.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Whoever did this have achieved absolutely nothing. Its just insane how thick people are becoming.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You beat me to it.

However, I am going to take a differing view of the incident.

What if it weren't EDL members but someone else trying to blame the EDL for it?

What about the Graffiti which was sprayed on the Memorial in Hyde Park? Was that person a member of UAF or a 'Muslim'?

It could be anyone trying to get two sides fighting.... it could be a set-up by the Government!

On the other hand.... it could just be as it says... a couple of EDL members who were hitting the center as revenge for the attack of the Memorial!!

I think many of us saw this coming, after the 'Lee Rigby' death.. these incidents will continue I reckon.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You beat me to it.

However, I am going to take a differing view of the incident.

What if it weren't EDL members but someone else trying to blame the EDL for it?

Yano, its crossed my mind. Would they really be that stupid to make it THAT obvious?

What about the Graffiti which was sprayed on the Memorial in Hyde Park? Was that person a member of UAF or a 'Muslim'?

Agreed.

It could be anyone trying to get two sides fighting.... it could be a set-up by the Government!

On the other hand.... it could just be as it says... a couple of EDL members who were hitting the center as revenge for the attack of the Memorial!!

I think many of us saw this coming, after the 'Lee Rigby' death.. these incidents will continue I reckon.

I hope not. People need to start respecting each others boundaries better. Glad i dont live in london!

Make love not war!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'll say the same as I said on the other thread about this.

Oh I'm going to love the upcoming hypocrisy and double standards in this thread, so, so much.

'Islam' scrawled all over a memorial in London? EDL did it, obviously.

'EDL' written on a mosque? EDL did it obviously.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yes, If i was going to attack someone or something, I wouldn't leave my ID at the scene.

It could easily be a couple of UAF members trying to get EDL closed down.
edit on 5-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have to disagree with that 'John Lennon' song... I'm pretty sure he would change the Lyrics to that Song if he wrote it today.

He wrote it at a time when the Borders weren't open and Religious Fanatics weren't being heard of in the Western World!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

" What the hell happened to respect?? "

Respect packed it's bags and left, quietly, along with dignity.....

About the same time, fecklessness and Ignorance stormed in.

Some good points made, SearchLightsInc. Thank you....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Under circumstances of the incident, very often, there will be many conflicting views on what truly happened.

was it an accident?
was it intentional?
by who?
perhaps a 'misdirection' to point to someone else being the culprits?
etc, etc.

Utimately, what will save us all is the Rule of Law. Let it reign and takes its course, then to end up being manipulated by others to serve their agenda after being twisted through our normal human failings - emotions.

Let the trained investigators to search and find out who the culprits, regardless if they are the EDL or the muslims, be subjected to further investigations to find out if there is more to it, and then be given a public trial and sentenced, to serve as a warning to the rest. Protest by all means, but when one presumes himself above society's laws and take matters into his own hands, then he best be prepared to face the consequences, and even worse if he does it in a cowardly fashion like a cockroach that flees and hides in the glare of light.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Obviously the first thing the police are going to do is treat it as a racist attack. I hate to admit it but i think they can call this a racist attack on this occasion. Two men have been changed over the incident.

Could you please provide a link, I didnt know anyone had been arrested for this

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It isnt a racist attack. Its attack against anothers religion.

Islam isnt a race.
Muslims come in many different ethnicities.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How is this a racist attack? Are they implying that people of the Islamic faith are only of a Middle Eastern, Arabic/Persian/North African decent?

And at the end of the day, what do they expect people are going to do?

Two radical Muslim morons killed and practically decapitated a British citizen in the streets of London. In a time when religion is at the forefront of violence, aggression and the lack of intelligence, this happens and inflames the situation.

And I would think people who only want to fan the flames of this retarded religious war would set a mosque on fire only to have the blame pointed squarely at the EDL so as to drive them on, increase the aggression all round.

Did the EDL do it? Highly doubtful. Probably some just some fed up British citizens who, very stupidly, thought the best way to vent their anger at Muslims and Islam would be to set a mosque on fire. Instead they should used logic and intelligence as NO religion can stand up to that sort of attack.

Racist attack? No - it was an attack on a religious building. Being a Muslim is not a race issue - it's a religious choice - albeit dumb, just like any other religion

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It isnt a racist attack - its a statement against Islam itself.
And particulary its influence in the UK.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I always find it interesting when people say its not "racist"

I agree you cannot technically be "racist" against Islam

but..

I think that saying "all black people should go back to Africa" is just as bad as saying "all Muslims should go back to the Middle East" its just that one is racist and the other is xenophobic but both are just as ignorant and wrong as the other. So no its not racist but it might as well be, burning down a Mosque is just like burning down a mans home because he is black. lets not all start arguing over the use of the word racist because at the end of the day any hate towards Muslims is just as bad in all the same ways as hate towards a black man.

but hey, that's just my opinion

To get back on topic, this is actually being investigated by SO15 Counter Terrorism Command because it could be considered an act of terrorism under UK law. If it is found that this attack was motivated by a political view that Islam is "taking over" the UK or immigration as one would expect if this was indeed the EDL then it goes form being a "hate crime" to a "act of terrorism".

I know quite a lot of you may have something to say about that but under UK law it is possible to interpret this as an act of terrorism.

edit on 5-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

the police are going to do is treat it as a racist attack

Why do people keep calling the hate of an ideal a form of racism? I don't hate the people, but I venomously hate their beliefs. If they just grew the hell up I wouldn't have a problem with them at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If someone disagrees or is against someones beliefs this isnt racism.

Many people are against Scientologist beliefs, does this also make them racists?

This is word going to far. Its being misused.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Burn them all, every church, temple, mosque just burn them all.
Read my sig.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack'

So Islam is a race now?
I guess one can really pull the race card on anything these days.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack'

So Islam is a race now?
I guess one can really pull the race card on anything these days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join