It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deservedly closed topics seem extremely frequent lately.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

Originally posted by Ghost375
Or maybe we could support the first and most important amendment here....and get on the mods case for censoring free speech.

As I stated, I'm just making a polite request of my fellow ATS members. Whether you wish to honor that request is your prerogative. Though I should point out that your freedom of speech does not include the right to say whatever you want on a privately owned website that you joined by voluntarily agreeing to the Terms of Service, without reprisal by the staff of said website.

Peace.
edit on 6/2/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

How much are they paying you?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Oh, please. I'm sure the OP isn't exactly sobbing at his computer all day while staring at a 404 page.
~~~~~~~

Speaking of the topic, I think your concern is valid, AceWombat. People who take issue with the idea of following the rules for the sake of their fellow members probably have the "I was just following orders" concept stuck in their head from the recent military threads and are applying it everywhere like a hammer to a nail.

edit on 2-6-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Oh my God.Your life is ruined......

If your happiness depends on threads remaining open you are a sad human being.

No offense intended..... just pointing out what not important...and if it is.... then you really are a sad human being.

Is it just me...or is MadMax purposely not paying any attention to what is written in the OP and other posts and resorting to personal attacks in an attempt to get this thread locked, just for the joy of irony? I don't thi k the OP was indicating that his/her life would be ruined because of closed threads. If you read, its clear that it was a simple plea to the membership to try and refrain from ruining threads, and thus causing good conversation to be cut short through thread-locking, simply because certain individuals can't control their desire to violate T&C, out of some inane joy of closing worthwile threads. Is that what you're doing in this one, or are you just confused as to what has been written here?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
So ban the people from posting for a time, not the topic.

I had a topic I was holding on to because i couldn't finish reading the OP at the time and when I got back it was 404.

Frustrating.

I agree! Banning a topic is akin to censoring ideas! I thought ATS was beyond that but I see I was wrong!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by liveandlearn
So ban the people from posting for a time, not the topic.

Of course that would be the logical thing to do, but the staff actions don't always seem logical.
Makes one wonder if the mods/admin use little tricks like this to suppress a topic.
What am I saying something like that would never happen here would it... *shifty eyes*

You know what they do....
When multiple threads of a highly conservative thread are made, they'll leave them both up.

Then when someone debunks the story, or negates the topic of the thread, they'll move the debunked thread from the recent flags list, and place the un-debunked thread onto the recent flags list.

I've seen it many times here. It's very manipulative. Most of the mods on this site are HIGHLY conservative.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Or maybe we could support the first and most important amendment here....and get on the mods case for censoring free speech.

Or maybe members should learn what the 1st Amendment means. It means that GOVERNMENT can not limit speech. It doesn't cover private entities such as websites. Besides, there is an agreement between ATS and every member that by posting on ATS YOU agree to post by the T&C.

And let's look at the header on every Rant:

Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself.

Thread closed.
edit on 2-6-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The owner and the moderators have the perfect right to remove offensive and off topic posts. The 1st Amendment does not allow you to say anything you want wherever you want. It does not guarantee the right to stand in the middle of a Chuck-E-Cheese yelling obscenities, then complaining about your free speech rights being violated when you get tossed. The 1st Amendment does guarantee the right to assemble peaceably, but that doesn't mean you and five of your friends can barge into someone's house and hang out watching TV and eating chips and dip, peaceably, of course. Better yet, try that at a police station. We have rights, but we also have responsibilities.

As for ad hominem(personal) attacks, they are a sign of a weak argument. To resort to childish name calling, rather than addressing the topic at hand, does not improve my impression of the poster, believe you me. "You're wrong because you're dumb." doesn't fly with me. This next bit is kind of weird, but here is "The Dumb Song" from Psychostick. There's something wrong with these guys.

edit on 6/2/13 by dontaskmeimfrommars because: change wording

edit on 6/2/13 by dontaskmeimfrommars because: change syntax

top topics

<< 1   >>

join